Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post

I don't care about a black stormtrooper or black hermione granger, if the actor fits, the actor fits, but we're talking about a FPS with already fairly minimal story telling, not Dragon Age or another RPG, how is a sexual orientation relevant, your race, your culture, your heritage, sure, but what does it matter if people are straight, or gay, or pan, or bi
    OH com on.

All the anti PC crowd says ''I don't care about XYZ'' but the moment something changes from white Caucasian to something else they manged to overflow riviers with their teers. Do you really want to compare the arguments used for why you couldn't have a black stormtrooper but how a white Moses or a God was totally fine because those are mythical figure?

Also in regards to straight relationships in WOW.

If it fits the story Blizzard allows straight couples (and even inter-specie), just look at Thrall who has a child because or Jaina and a bloody dragon. But Blizzard tries to keep the story of warcraft as simple as possible with mostly making betrayal a huge thing

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    OH com on.

All the anti PC crowd says ''I don't care about XYZ'' but the moment something changes from white Caucasian to something else they manged to overflow riviers with their teers. Do you really want to compare the arguments used for why you couldn't have a black stormtrooper but how a white Moses or a God was totally fine because those are mythical figure?

Also in regards to straight relationships in WOW.

If it fits the story Blizzard allows straight couples (and even inter-specie), just look at Thrall who has a child because or Jaina and a bloody dragon. But Blizzard tries to keep the story of warcraft as simple as possible with mostly making betrayal a huge thing

The moment you pulled a generalization on me is the moment you lost the argument

Also I'm the farthest from "anti-PC" and the alt-right, but just because you disagree with me you label me whatever tribe is against you, classic tribalism bullshit that you use to echo chamber and beat out anyone you disagree with

Also God is what you make him, of course that white Europeans are going to make God white, they killed and got killed just to be CLOSE to God, but it's a stupid argument anyway since you're arguing to someone who literally could give less of a fuck

You're seriously full of vitriol and I hope you find solace in some way, but slinging shit at imaginary strawmen isn't one of the ways to enlightenment

Yeeaah I don't care. But then again i'm not a sexually insecure teenage boy so why should I.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malrune View Post
    Ana and Pharah would be so cute!
    mother daughter would be so cute? really?

This is hardly amazing, yes, LGBT people exist. Who cares? If the only thing that identifies who you are as a person is who you want to touch your genitals then you're about as interesting as this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    The moment you pulled a generalization on me is the moment you lost the argument

Also I'm the farthest from "anti-PC" and the alt-right, but just because you disagree with me you label me whatever tribe is against you, classic tribalism bullshit that you use to echo chamber and beat out anyone you disagree with

Also God is what you make him, of course that white Europeans are going to make God white, they killed and got killed just to be CLOSE to God, but it's a stupid argument anyway since you're arguing to someone who literally could give less of a fuck

You're seriously full of vitriol and I hope you find solace in some way, but slinging shit at imaginary strawmen isn't one of the ways to enlightenment
    Hollywood has made egyptians gods white...and yes I will keep the argument general because blizzard and other media companies making more characters non white males and the people always react in outrage when that change doesn't suit their perspective.

My argument stlll stands and you not being able to defend your position validates that. This whining is exactly the same as when they first showed a black stormtrooper or when a theater production made hermione granger black and now you have people whining about how you shouldn't have a gay character because of ''reasons''.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Hollywood has made egyptians gods white...and yes I will keep the argument general because blizzard and other media companies making more characters non white males and the people always react in outrage when that change doesn't suit their perspective.

My argument stlll stands and you not being able to defend your position validates that. This whining is exactly the same as when they first showed a black stormtrooper or when a theater production made hermione granger black and now you have people whining about how you shouldn't have a gay character because of ''reasons''.
    And you can whine about having LGBT characters because "reasons"

See, arguments are really easy when you simplify and condescend

Hollywood has made egyptians gods white...
    Also, I'm not Hollywood and I think that's retarded that they would do that, so i don't even know why you're bringing it up, like do you not get how dense you're being? Do you not realize you're LITERALLY pulling a strawman fallacy on me and acting like you're morally obligated to be right? When I literally agree with almost everything you've accused me of disagreeing on?

Jesus christ, I'm done, thanks for reminding me that just like the alt-right racists there's incredibly thick skulled people on the left as well

On listing weather they are tank, damage or healer, will it now list their sexual preferences and prefered pronouns?

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    On listing weather they are tank, damage or healer, will it now list their sexual preferences and prefered pronouns?
    It'll also list a 3 page story on their relationships, their blood type, and their social security number

I don't understand what people are so outraged about...they already showed human-robot love, is being gay so weird of a concept? If it was a straight relationship no one would bat an eye, but if it's gay "why do we need relationships...BLAH BLAH BLAH...diversity for the sake of diversity bullshit"

get over it who the F cares.....it's just a damn story.

There's the people who care too much, and the people against it... Thankfully they are both the minority where the bulk of people just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    I don't understand what people are so outraged about...they already showed human-robot love, is being gay so weird of a concept? If it was a straight relationship no one would bat an eye, but if it's gay "why do we need relationships...BLAH BLAH BLAH...diversity for the sake of diversity bullshit"

get over it who the F cares.....it's just a damn story.
    Just like human-robot love being in the background, it wouldn't bother me if it was shown, but when you start shoving into people's backstories you have to start worrying whether or not it's going to be forced, poorly written, and detrimental to the fantasy of the character

Lucio being gay, 100% okay

Lucio's entire existance based around him being gay, getting into the revolution, because he's gay for some really dumb reason, like the overused "muh lover is in danger!!", not okay

My whole worry is that a bunch of this badgering and pestering for some kind of validation will have a negative effect on the characters that we already know

Its spreading around that Pharah is indeed the LGBT character.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The fact people feel the need to ask the question or even care is what's wrong.
    If they just add it in like 'Oh yeah this characters gay'. Okay cool.

But because they have to go out of their way and say 'we will do this' seems dumb, just as it does to say 'Yes we will add a someone with X ethnic background'.

It actually makes the community seem 'weak', when the opposite should happen and we should expect it as the norm. Not every relationship, but some just like real life.
    Last edited by Grim32; 2016-11-07 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Is that supposed to be a surprise? Pharmercy was always real.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    There's the people who care too much, and the people against it... Thankfully they are both the minority where the bulk of people just don't care.
    In the end, it's just going to be a little thing dropping in the bio, maybe mentioned a few times in the comics/shorts, POSSIBLY a small interaction in game.

Which all aside from the comics/shorts is really small, and the comics/shorts are just slightly larger.

So yeah, good for them to make a crowd diverse, but it's not going to change anything gameplay wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not sure how you spread around something if Blizzard hasn't even said anything...

If anything, I would lean towards possibly a character upcoming fitting the bill more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    In the end, it's just going to be a little thing dropping in the bio, maybe mentioned a few times in the comics/shorts, POSSIBLY a small interaction in game.

Which all aside from the comics/shorts is really small, and the comics/shorts are just slightly larger.

So yeah, good for them to make a crowd diverse, but it's not going to change anything gameplay wise.

I'm not sure how you spread around something if Blizzard hasn't even said anything...

If anything, I would lean towards possibly a character upcoming fitting the bill more.
    Pharah already had a comic, so I think it'll be one of the others who've not had any limelight yet as they said 'not Blizzard soon' meaning it's probably well on its way and therefore unlikely to be an unreleased hero. Could be therefore Mei, D.Va, Lucio, or Zarya as the rest have been reasonably well covered in comics and shorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Is that supposed to be a surprise? Pharmercy was always real.

She is taken

D.Va + Sombra... pr0n incoming

On a serious note, I don't see a point in this. If it's a type of passing comment like 'X (girl) was betrayed by her girlfriend Y', then it's fine. But i don't really want to see intimate relationship stuff, hetero/homo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Pharah already had a comic, so I think it'll be one of the others who've not had any limelight yet as they said 'not Blizzard soon' meaning it's probably well on its way and therefore unlikely to be an unreleased hero. Could be therefore Mei, D.Va, Lucio, or Zarya as the rest have been reasonably well covered in comics and shorts.
    My money is on Lucio.