15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwazlak View Post
    I tried sacrificing versa for haste (25%) > mastery > versa in a mythic+5 last night and it felt like i was taking much more of a beating than my usual versa > mastery > haste build. Didn't seem to be really getting much mitigation value out of the haste (might be a l2p issue). Ended up having to spam ignore pain at low rage just to stay alive.
    I was running around 26% haste, 35% mastery and like 2% vers for a few weeks while we were finishing up Normal and getting into Heroic. I felt really squishy and my SB uptime was around 75% (closer 90% while boss tanking). I switched to Vers/Mast and I feel a lot sturdier. My healers noticed a big difference too. I'm currently sitting at 13% vers and 39% Mast. Of course the game play is slower and more monotonous (I really don't like it), but I'm not dying. Many times our Guardian (ilvl865) dies before me (i'm ilvl859).
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    as best we can without fully working sims (which we regrettably don't have).
    whats not working about it?

Been suddenly getting a lot of trinkets as of this week. Been using stat sticks till now, not sure if any of these procs/uses are worth the loss of strength. Opinions?

keep the stat sticks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    keep the stat sticks
    Yeah, strongly agreed. Sockets make up a big difference in item level. Even Phantasmal Echo, which has a decent proc, can't compete with the socketed Mastery stick. The other two socketed trinkets are crappy by default, unfortunately. The Talisman of the Cragshaper basically removes one Mythic EN boss auto, and Inescapable Dread is a low uptime on a proc that's mediocre in single target and absolutely worthless in AoE.

By comparison, Mastery and Haste shine like a thousand points of light when tanking AoE packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are SimulationCraft stat weights close to reality? I've got the following results: Strength=0.59, Stamina=0.03, Ap=0.59, CritRating=0.10, HasteRating=0.69, MasteryRating=0.61, Versatility=4.19, Armor=1.63, BonusArmor=1.45. Versatility has extremely huge value comparing to other stats. Should I use those weights to choose gear?

By far my favourite tanking trinket, since people are discussing trinkets.

You pair that 1min cooldown with Battle Cry and you have ridiculous AOE burst, hits for millions. Only annoying thing is that you have to be DPS loot spec to get it drop.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-03 at 05:37 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    By far my favourite tanking trinket, since people are discussing trinkets.

You pair that 1min cooldown with Battle Cry and you have ridiculous AOE burst, hits for millions. Only annoying thing is that you have to be DPS loot spec to get it drop.
    I got an 880 pearl from my weekly cache this week and was pretty salty to get it as arms spec.

just want to confirm, using shield block into nel's fury is bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by siusang View Post
    Yes, since nel's fury supersedes shield block for its duration, so you just waste shield block uptime. and while channeling, you aren't devastating to proc shield slams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Are SimulationCraft stat weights close to reality? I've got the following results: Strength=0.59, Stamina=0.03, Ap=0.59, CritRating=0.10, HasteRating=0.69, MasteryRating=0.61, Versatility=4.19, Armor=1.63, BonusArmor=1.45. Versatility has extremely huge value comparing to other stats. Should I use those weights to choose gear?
    No. Not at all.

Deleted
    Do you think the +200 strength gem is worth using or should we go for a +150 haste (or mastery if haste is high enough) ?

Quote Originally Posted by siusang View Post
    Depends, active mitigation boss abilities do not get stopped by nelth's, so you will still need to shield block them.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Biskot View Post
    Do you think the +200 strength gem is worth using or should we go for a +150 haste (or mastery if haste is high enough) ?
    Haven't done the math, but I'd guess the mastery would be better. I'm almost certain they're at least even, so if cost is an issue at all, the mastery is better.

So I've been trying to update my prot offspec gear and I'm wondering about rings -- I have sephuz's secret in one slot but I know the stats aren't too optimal. Then again, it is an 895 ring with tons of stam and the effect isn't bad for m+.

Would you guys use Sephuz's or you think I'm better off slotting an 880 mastery/haste ring in there?

Just keep Seph unless you have other legendaries, the extra Stam and proc are really good in m+, especially this week. Can't tell you how many times the sprint has saved me in +10s when my necro stacks get too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Yes, since nel's fury supersedes shield block for its duration, so you just waste shield block uptime. and while channeling, you aren't devastating to proc shield slams.
    I always thought they stacked up :O So if there's alooot of adds on you, i'm using Shield Block and Nel's Fury

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I always thought they stacked up :O So if there's alooot of adds on you, i'm using Shield Block and Nel's Fury
    Shield Block makes you always Block, but NF makes you always Critically Block, so there is nothing to stack. The only benefit Shield Block has over NF is it counts as Active Mitigation whilst NF doesn't* for abilities that care (Vault of the Wardens first boss, Blackrook Hold second boss).

* - At least AFAIK. I'm now doubting myself as I write this as to if this is the case or not, but I'm like 95% sure it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    Just keep Seph unless you have other legendaries, the extra Stam and proc are really good in m+, especially this week. Can't tell you how many times the sprint has saved me in +10s when my necro stacks get too high.
    Sephuz' is actually really solid when you can get procs. Shockwave and Warbringer are both great options for that, and if you run Warbringer you can focus one of your melee party members and /cast [@focus] Intercept for on-demand procs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Shield Block makes you always Block, but NF makes you always Critically Block, so there is nothing to stack. The only benefit Shield Block has over NF is it counts as Active Mitigation whilst NF doesn't* for abilities that care (Vault of the Wardens first boss, Blackrook Hold second boss).

* - At least AFAIK. I'm now doubting myself as I write this as to if this is the case or not, but I'm like 95% sure it's not.
    NF makes you always Critically Block. Meaning, every attack is either dodged, parried, or Critically Blocked. Nothing can hit. This does overlap with Shield Block, so having both active simultaneously is a waste of AM. Those areas where Shield Block mitigates an additional boss effect are just spots where NF isn't useful anyways, as in virtually all situations you cannot actually block (or Critically Block) boss abilities.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2016-11-07 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Sephuz' is actually really solid when you can get procs. Shockwave and Warbringer are both great options for that
    Untalented charge and thunderclap procs sephuz btw.
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.