Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Got any more non-events from the land of the backward for us to discuss? I really enjoy your thinly veiled attempt at rattling the cadged of the various nutter groups from both extremes of Yankton.
    Nothing at the moment kiddo.

Hey atleast no one put on his white armor at the scene. We are making progress after all. Would have expected the "OMG HE HITZ A WOMANZ" guys to defend her "honor" by beating him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to feel bad for her.

Shitty she ended up in the hospital but don't swing at people unless you are willing to receive one in return.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Gender equality tells me that "you don't punch the women" doesn't hold up anymore. It does if you have good manners, but that is a personal choice.
    Always been a difference between laws and what is accepted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Does US law really say that if a woman slaps a man he is allowed to respond by punching her in the face as hard as he can causing serious injury? If so lolMurica...
    You mean to ask is a person allowed to defend him/herself from assault?
    Gee, think about that for a second.
    Because that's what the law recognizes.

Now the reality check is the state where this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Hey atleast no one put on his white armor at the scene. We are making progress after all. Would have expected the "OMG HE HITZ A WOMANZ" guys to defend her "honor" by beating him up.
    They probably would have if he hadn't fled the scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Does US law really say that if a woman slaps a man he is allowed to respond by punching her in the face as hard as he can causing serious injury? If so lolMurica...
    If you think he hit as hard as he could you need to rewatch the video, and the injury was from her falling badly, not from the punch.
    The only crime he did commit as far as I can see is that he fled the scene, should've waited on the cops.

Also if you think the law is any different in the UK you're mistaken, same kind of self defense laws apply there.

Edit: also if what I read about this being her second swing at him and the first swing coming before cameras went on is true then the response was even more justified.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2016-11-07 at 02:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Also if you think the law is any different in the UK
    It is, over here self defense requires the use of reasonable force, anything excessive and you can't claim SD.

It is, over here self defense requires the use of reasonable force, anything excessive and you can't claim SD.
    Had he hit her again I'd say it was excessive force, but this was 1 hit which you can see in the video was restrained and must have hit the jaw since she got knocked out can't be considered anything other that reasonable force.

Edit: that said it's very unfortunate that she ended up in the hospital, she didn't deserve that even if she's a moron going around attacking people and I doubt that was the intention from the guy as well.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2016-11-07 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a line between self defense, and assault.

You can't suddenly claim you were defending yourself from a punch if you harmed them far worse than they harmed you. Even if it was caused by her falling over, I would imagine the law would view her getting hard enough to be knocked over is over the top.
    If someone swings at you, you swing back to stop them from throwing a second swing. I don't know if you ever been in a fight but people who swing at you don't just decide to quit swinging because they missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not what happened in the video though.

Firstly, it is debatable as to whether she slapped him. His physical reaction to her hitting him suggests a punch and there is no clear shot of her having an open hand.

Secondly, his stance would preclude him from punching her in the face as hard as he can, it is more of an instinctive snap shot.

Thirdly, he could not reasonably expect someone to suffer those sorts of injuries from one punch. He did not make any attempt to throw a second punch, nor carry on after she got knocked down.

That is not even taking into account the fact that she clearly approaches him, nor that her friend said she had already hit two other men before attacking him.

Let's rephrase your post without the emotional, biased, fee-fee wording (i.e. legally and morally irrelevant bullshit): "Does US law really say that if someone hits you you're allowed to hit back?"
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deleted
    How do you measure how much force should be applied to a punch to make sure it is an equal amount of force to be deemed not going over self defense?

For example : Woman punches man and attempts to do so again, man takes out napkin and pen and theorizes how far and how fast he has to throw his punch. Including taking the size and weight of said woman into his calculations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Story: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/05...-her-life.html

The piece is being ran like she was the victim of some sort of knock out game, or at least that is the first thing I thought reading the headline before clicking the article.

Its right there, she took a swing at someone and they returned the favor? I mean, its clear as day even in the video.

How is this even news?
    As a NJ resident, I have seen her picture being posted all over with requests for information to find the guy. I hadn't seen the video until right now. The way the FB Activists are making it sound, she never took a swing. They are making it sound like some guy just beat her up for no reason.

This video completely changes the story. You wanna fight like a man, you get beat like a man. Simple as that. This is equality, you don't get to cherry pick which parts of equality you want, you get it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Let's rephrase your post without the emotional, biased, fee-fee wording (i.e. legally and morally irrelevant bullshit): "Does US law really say that if someone hits you you're allowed to hit back?"
    That's not rephrasing that completely changing the words so it means something else. If you truly believe that punching a woman in the face as hard as you can is an appropriate response to being clipped by a slap then I feel very sorry for any wife/girlfriend/daughter you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not rephrasing that completely changing the words so it means something else. If you truly believe that punching a woman in the face as hard as you can is an appropriate response to being clipped by a slap then I feel very sorry for any wife/girlfriend/daughter you may have.
    Didn't look like he swung as hard as he could. It has been quite determined that the majority of the damage she suffered was from the fall, not the punch.

But again, This is the face of equality. If you want to be treated the same as men, then you have to live with this if you decide to fight like a man.

Deleted
    How long til her mum starts a go-fund-me for her "precious little angel" who "wouldn't hurt a fly"?

It's unfortunate she's in hospital, but fuck off with the 'don't hit a woman' thing, utterly backwards way of thinking that pushes us further into a sexist divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    How long til her mum starts a go-fund-me for her "precious little angel" who "wouldn't hurt a fly"?

It's unfortunate she's in hospital, but fuck off with the 'don't hit a woman' thing, utterly backwards way of thinking that pushes us further into a sexist divide.
    https://www.gofundme.com/6n-emilys-medical-fund

It doesn't have the 'dinna do nuthin' rhetoric, but all the same, a fund is already being raised for her. Seems to be the norm when anyone needs to get something financial sorted out these days. Not sure if it is a change in culture, or just that our economy has forced us all to beg each other for money when we have a problem. *shrugs*

Why are so many folks here thinking less of this girl as if she could not possibly hurt this guy..so much sexism.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/6n-emilys-medical-fund

It doesn't have the 'dinna do nuthin' rhetoric, but all the same, a fund is already being raised for her. Seems to be the norm when anyone needs to get something financial sorted out these days. Not sure if it is a change in culture, or just that our economy has forced us all to beg each other for money when we have a problem. *shrugs*
    Seems like an example of how stupid medical bills are getting, though $5,000 is low in comparison to the injury/surgery she's having...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Why are so many folks here thinking less of this girl as if she could not possibly hurt this guy..so much sexism.
    Because women are still viewed as weak and feeble by many. Especially is she is remotely attractive.

However, if this was a story about two men, or two women, it wouldn't even be discussed. Even if the circumstances were identical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Seems like an example of how stupid medical bills are getting, though $5,000 is low in comparison to the injury/surgery she's having...
    Absolutely. $5,000 is incredibly low for the type of work and care she needs. Maybe that is the co-pay and the rest is covered by insurance?

A certain sub culture in the US is very mach and they have a cultural practice of hitting women. They slap them. They don't punch them with their fists.

And if they want to humiliate a man, they'll slap him like a woman too.

But they don't punch women or it's in very bad form.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland