Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every threat we killed to date was a "RANDOM" villain at some point. Just because people nerd out over any villain not introduced in the rts games it does not make them a non credible threat.

People proclaiming "they pull lore out their ass" when something new is introduced. How do you expect a story to continue without new plot? When Artha's story was written did they just 'pull him out their ass'? Or was he a magnificent brain child since he was made during the rts game era?

lore aside. They stated a while back that so long as people keep buying (read: so long as we make profit) we'll keep making. And I hope they do. I wouldn't expect wow2 or warcraft 4 after it all end. It's far easier to make profit with simple micro transaction games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Wrathion is still a potential villain.
    Maybe not villain but a story surely. He's falls into the antihero category I would predict. Still interesting

While we're off in space fighting the Legion they're gonna do Warcraft 4, giving WoW new juice for another decade
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Sure. Actually sounds kinda fun. Some you'll like, some you won't.

World of Warcraft: Raging Seas
    - The Zandalari are attempting to summon a benevolent Loa last seen during the days of the Black Empire back into the world. Journey to the sinking mega-island of Zandalar to cripple the Zandalari empire once and for all, stop the twisted incantation of the evil Loa atop the churning volcano of Mount Mugamba, and restore peace to seas of Azeroth.

- 5 Island zones, all south of the Maelstrom and north of Pandaria. Zandalar is broken into 2 zones on the same large Island.
    - Zuldazar, AKA South Zandalar. The massive, Aztec capital of the Zandalari. Like Suramar is a huge city zone with a southern beach and large tropical jungle outside the city
    - Mugamba Wildlands, AKA North Zandalar. Dense, twisted jungle home to various beasts, massive drops concealed by foliage and various uncivilized Troll tribes. Mount Mugamba is in the center of the zone, a snow-peaked volcano where the Evil Loa is being summoned at the top through countless sacrifice. The Mount Mugamba raid is here.
    - Undermine, AKA Kezan Isle. A mechanical wonderland still recuperating from the eruption of Mount Kujaro. A vicious trade prince has caused civil unrest and must be disposed of for the sake of the Steamwheedle Cartel.
    - Hiji, AKA Plunder Isle. Home of the Bloodsail Buccaneers and their capital - Bloodsail Hold. The Den of the Cold Eye raid is here. Duke Falrevere lords here as well and commands the Bloodsail Armada into countless raids on Azeroth's coastal inhabitants.
    - Tel'Abim. A lush, tropical paradise with a Hawaii vibe. Bananas grow here and are a critical crop to the Alliance and Horde (much like real life). The Horde and Alliance are fighting viciously. At the same time, Queen Azshara's forces from Nazjatar assault the island along it's northern coast

As the expansion's patch cycle moves forward, a mid-tier raid of Mak'aru is released where the Makrura, allied with the Naga and Old Gods, need to be permanently ended. The final patch of the expansion is the Nazjatar raid. Where players lay an assault to Queen Azshara's forces and the raid culminates into an encounter with Azshara herself. Before she is defeated, she is saved by forces of the Old Gods. Leading us into an Old God expansion with Azshara basically having a Gul'Dan role in the next expac and N'zoth being the titular bad guy.

There. I thought of that in 5 minutes and typed it in 10. You owe me coffee.

I'll copy and paste some other ones I had typed up previously.

World of Warcraft: The Black Empire

Azeroth's most famous explorer and cartographer Brann Bronzebeard admits to have never traveled beyond the city of Ahn'Qiraj. Had cartographers missed a chunk of Azeroth due to the dangers the Qiraji imposed?
    You are using known places a d two of the three remained ibg villains for your idea. Azshara and prophet zul essentially like what?

Chronicle confirms without a doubt there is nothing south of AQ on kalimdor.

Now something that has gotten lost I would like to revisit the vast underground kingdom of azjol nerub goldenyaks concept was superb and the nerubians as embedded in the lore as they are we don't know much about them or their going on after the war of the spider and the fall of nerzhul/arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Warcrafts story will end probably 1 - 2 expansions after Legion where we destroy Kil'jaeden and Sargeras and Explode Argus Destroying the Burning Legion

In the aftermath of the next expansion the Death of Azshara, N'zoth, Zul , and the confrontation of the void lords the entire cast of Warcrafts Villans and locations on the planet will be spent.

There are no new locations of Azeroth the Chronicle does not show it and the Chronicle is the definitive bible to the World and history of Azeroth.

You can CLAIM they will milk it out with random villans.

but if they were going to milk it out the Emerald Nightmare and Argus wouldn't but tucked in the same expansion we are in right now would it? Nevermind with the Class halls Legion effectively wrapped up many long hanging story threads and mysterious locations such as Watcher Tyr/ and the Dark Riders of Karazhan / The Scythe of Elune / Shards of Frostmourn

Accept the inevitable that Warcrafts story will end on a high note with huge momentum in the Final battle against the Void lords instead of decaying into irrelevency with villans no one cares about and an entirely filler story.
    Using easybib.com

I created a source for your information.

Anaxie. "My Ass." N.p., 6 Nov. 2016. Web.

On a side note... I find that human sacrifice tends to be the most reliable way to tell the future.

Perhaps we may revisit the vast depths of azjol nerub and the spider kingdom in our effort to reach the Ny'alotha the Sleeping city that we have heard so much a out from the old gods and their faceless minions. Its clearly their greatest City and monument of the ancient Black Empire. Its the equivalent of Argues for the legion or Icecrown for the Scourge

Looking back at the Anduin comic that they released before legion, we can see that Anduin is pretty old and battle scared before the last battle between light and void.

Meaning that unless it will take 15-20 years in the lore between each expansion, it will take quite some time before this last battle will happen.

@Humbugged I read the quoted idea of the contie t below kalimdor. I think that idea is pretty cool. Its another point of this thread I want to draw out intriguing concepts like this. Elaborate more on somemore.

Chronicle confirms without a doubt there is nothing south of AQ on kalimdor.
    Even if Chronicles is canon (is it?), they can still retcon anything. WoW will end, but never because they can't create new lore.

Yes i've been saying it since TBC when dozens upon dozens of villans and locations still existed in the lore. You got me arghhhhhh!

but please go educate yourself on the lore as it exists today. Or maybe you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about.
    Lmao I don't, don't I. Judging by most of the stuff you've been saying it could be argued who doesn't have a clue. I made a whole list of pretty legitimate story hooks, take a look at them. You might learn something.

Deleted
    Game is making them far to much profit still and the number's are still far to high for them to end it within 2 expansions If anything we will leave and take home on Argus with a ton of new lore.

@Humbugged I read the quoted idea of the contie t below kalimdor. I think that idea is pretty cool. Its another point of this thread I want to draw out intriguing concepts like this. Elaborate more on somemore.
    There could be continents anywhere. ANY. WHERE. Chronicles just solidifies that there could potentially be MORE continents on the other side of Azeroth, because there was only ONE super continent on Azeroth that was ORDERED by the Titans and its name was Kalimdor. There could be other continents that were not ordered nor perfected by the Titans still on Azeroth's surface and never connected to Kalimdor pre-sundering in the first place.

Then, there's still entire PLANETS left for us to visit. Possibilities are endless and not running out. If Warcraft's open plot hooks have been dealt with, there are still many many more that can be created.

Y'know how One Piece has been going on so long? Yea it'll be like that. How do you think think they got all the current lore? They didn't just find it and now they're out. They'll just make more.
    Roasted.

Defeating the Legion won't stop the demons from existing, we'll take out their leaders and minimise the threat.
    I'd be amazed if we completely destroy the Void. Light can't exist without shadow.
    The elemental planes could always be persuaded to fight each other again if Azeroth were to become spirit deficient by some malevolent means.
    Hakkar the Soulflayer hasn't been dealt with, and I could see him turning other loa evil by some blood ritual.
    Goblins and Gnomes make dodgy stuff all the time, we could have a giant death robot invasion.
    The Lich King is growing more and more Ner'Zhul-ish by the day. He's still got a role to play.
    Kel'Thuzad's phylactery has vanished, he could reform the Cult of the Damned.
    Winds of Murlockia.
    Maybe a pirate cartel forms sparking an exploration of the south seas.
    Maybe schisms form within the alliance and horde and a third faction arises.
    Perhaps we'll see more of the Shadowlands at some point, I imagine some entity must control it, or if not they could learn to. Maybe that's where Arthas is?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Even if Chronicles is canon (is it?), they can still retcon anything. WoW will end, but never because they can't create new lore.
    Chronicle was specifically written and is still being written to cement the lore and PREVENT further retcons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Defeating the Legion won't stop the demons from existing, we'll take out their leaders and minimise the threat.
    I'd be amazed if we completely destroy the Void. Light can't exist without shadow.
    The elemental planes could always be persuaded to fight each other again if Azeroth were to become spirit deficient by some malevolent means.
    Hakkar the Soulflayer hasn't been dealt with, and I could see him turning other loa evil by some blood ritual.
    Goblins and Gnomes make dodgy stuff all the time, we could have a giant death robot invasion.
    The Lich King is growing more and more Ner'Zhul-ish by the day. He's still got a role to play.
    Kel'Thuzad's phylactery has vanished, he could reform the Cult of the Damned.
    Winds of Murlockia.
    Maybe a pirate cartel forms sparking an exploration of the south seas.
    Maybe schisms form within the alliance and horde and a third faction arises.
    Perhaps we'll see more of the Shadowlands at some point, I imagine some entity must control it, or if not they could learn to. Maybe that's where Arthas is?
    Naxx was direct copy and pasted his phylactyary is the result of lazyness for not being delt with. If he wasn't dead arthas would of had him at his side in icecrown.

Bolvar has no command structure the player characters exert his will so again not much there just wild fanfiction

Helya rules over the Shadow lands. Her story and probably sylvanas's will develop and probably conclude this tuesday

Hakkar is really not much of a threat. If he ever appears again he may even be grateful that we released his soul from Jin'dos soul binding spell

Defesting legion won't make demons go away but destroying the eredar leadership and sargeras ends the burning crusade as a force to pose a cosmic threat to thenuniverse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyan89 View Post
    Lmao I don't, don't I. Judging by most of the stuff you've been saying it could be argued who doesn't have a clue. I made a whole list of pretty legitimate story hooks, take a look at them. You might learn something.
    Link the post
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-07 at 06:24 PM.

Chronicle was specifically written and is still being written to cement the lore and PREVENT further retcons

- - - Updated - - -

Naxx was direct copy and pasted his phylactyary is the result of lazyness for not being delt with. If he wasn't dead arthas would of had him at his side in icecrown.

Bolvar has no command structure the player characters exert his will so again not much there just wild fanfiction

Helya rules over the Shadow lands. Her story and probably sylvanas's will develop and probably conclude this tuesday

Hakkar is really not much of a threat. If he ever appears again he may even be grateful that we released his soul from Jin'dos soul binding spell

Defesting legion won't make demons go away but destroying the eredar leadership and sargeras ends the burning crusade as a force to pose a cosmic threat to thenuniverse
    The phylactery wasn't there. There is no reason to believe we destroyed it.
    Bolvar currently has no command structure. I'm talking a bit down the line. He's resurrecting more scourge, controlling the Knights of the Ebon Blade and threatened to kill the PC Fire Mage. Wild fanfiction is exactly what I'm doing, I put Winds of Murlockia in there.
    Helya rules over a portion of the Shadowlands, Helheim is only a part of it.
    Hakkar could bide his time and build himself into a threat, controlling other loa as I mentioned.
    A new leader of the demons may arise in time. My point is there's definitely stuff you can do from here.

theres no need considering when Argus Culminates the story will pick up with Azshara immediatly in 8.0 pretty much same thing as 7.4 at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

the 2nd Volume just goes on with lore beyond the 1st orc and human war

- - - Updated - - -

Gul'dan AU was not technically a "new" villan

his motivations and character and desires were still the same old Gul'Dan just with an extra layer of knowledge

Garrosh took 3 expansions to build and an old god of which there were 4 in total.

just saying

The core lore Villan foundation is running dry and the story is starting to wrap up.
    Remember also the original intent(which honestly they should have used) was that Garrosh was going to resurrect the warlords, so I can definitely agree they had the intent of making Guldan AU the same as MU in ways. It's one of the reasons I think the current Guldan is just dumb that he has all of the power he does when he shouldn't. He's like the villain version of a Mary Sue really in the aspect of unexplainable powers that don't make sense even from the standpoint of a world where magic exists.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The phylactery wasn't there. There is no reason to believe we destroyed it.
    Bolvar currently has no command structure. I'm talking a bit down the line. He's resurrecting more scourge, controlling the Knights of the Ebon Blade and threatened to kill the PC Fire Mage. Wild fanfiction is exactly what I'm doing, I put Winds of Murlockia in there.
    Helya rules over a portion of the Shadowlands, Helheim is only a part of it.
    Hakkar could bide his time and build himself into a threat, controlling other loa as I mentioned.
    A new leader of the demons may arise in time. My point is there's definitely stuff you can do from here.
    Problem is none of this is happening now. Nothing is being built now. All they are doing is setting up the legions fall and pushing azshara and nzot . Who are the last villains. that is the issue. They are runningnout of stuff to use because they aren't creating and building anyone up NOW

You know established lore antagonists and not fanfiction Bolvar and his non existent scouge command structure. I guess the player Death Knights could go to war with the playerbase though
    1- Anything anyone had written about Pandaria, alternate-past-Draenor or Illidan returning in a new Legion expansion would be fanfiction before the respective expansions came out.
    2- What do you know of the Scourge command structure, five years (lore-wise) after it was important for the last time?
    3- Much like orcs did in SoO, right?

I specifically said Azshara / N'zoth / Zul AKA Prophet Zul the enimgatic leader of the Zandalari / and the Void lords.
    You said these would be explored in two expansions at most. They could easily get more than that.

Bolvars ice cube has already melted btw. I see you're out of the lore loop.
    Is it shown in the death knight campaign or what? He seemed pretty frozen in all videos I saw about it.
    (waking up =/= the ice cub melting)

Sargeras KILLED all the Aldrachi
    It's easy to say some survived, and it's easy to make them be a part of something else.

Zandalari for a whole expansion LOL
    Undead for a whole expansion LOL
    Pandas for a whole expansion LOL
    Orcs for a whole expansion LOL
    Demons for a whole expansion LOL

Yogg Saron refered to himself as the God of Death
    Also Arthas
    Cenarius could refer to himself as the God of Fel, it wouldn't change the fact he's a Life creature.
    Yogg Saron, and old god, was a Shadow one.

And Arthas is extremely weak compared to Sargeras, the Titans, or the Void Lords. There is no known "Death" being that could hope to rival them.
    Seriously, I'm sure even some of the wild gods could beat him up.

Problem is none of this is happening now. Nothing is being built now. All they are doing is setting up the legions fall and pushing azshara and nzot . Who are the last villains. that is the issue. They are runningnout of stuff to use because they aren't creating and building anyone up NOW
    None of it is happening now? Did you miss the people saying KILL SYLVANNAS and KILL GENN in the last few months? Both characters can very easily go down a dark route, one of them is already doing so for a few expansions, and the other one arguably started doing so in this one.

Did you just mentioned Emerald Nightmare?

The Nightmare just fucking concluded it's DONE
    Apparently you are the one who's bad at reading. I mentioned the Emerald Nightmare as something that COULD have been an expansion.

You're bad at writing too, by the way.
    "Did you mentioned"
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-11-07 at 09:07 PM.

They don't have to start now. They've at least reintroduced bolvar and he seems questionable.
    Last edited by AwkwardSquirtle; 2016-11-07 at 09:16 PM.