Poll: Should some countries trade locations?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should some countries trade locations?

I seriously mean this. Here is my proposal for two countries to trade place: Mongolia and Serbia https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ia_Locator.png

Consider the populations and locations of Serbia and Mongolia, respectively. In total, they amount just about 10 million people. Location wise, both populations would find it very suitable in their exchanged places. For instance, Mongolia is between two rather expansionist powers, Russia and China, and could easily be wrecked by either if they decide to extend their interests to that country. However, Serbia has good relations with both countries, and no historical enmity with them. Especially with Russia does Serbia have a good brotherly relationship.

In addition, Serbia has huge issues with its neighbours, ranging from Albanians, to Montenegrins, to Croats and others. It has committed genocide and has a high amount of people who believe a Greater Serbia should be established in the regions of all of the aforementioned people (among others). Moreover, even they could be victims of the nationalist or perceived self-defence policies of the other peoples.

So, rather than expanding their territory through bloodshed and risking all they have, instead they can simply relocate to Mongolia (and rename it, of course), whereas Mongolians can locate to Serbia. Mongolians have zero enmity with any people in Europe, and have absolutely more than enough land and resources in Serbian territory. Their population is LESS than 3 million, but the size of their country is huge.

Both Serbs and Mongolians would have more peace in their territories. They would both be richer and safer, because they would not be at risk of invasions, and would have more trade (e.g., Mongolians would opt into the EU market easily because they'd be inclined to join the organization ASAP).

I sincerely hope this happens one day. Logistically, it is very easy. Imagine how wonderful it would be for them and the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Logistically, it is very easy.
    Moving 13million people, plus EVERYTHING associated with them, houses, jobs, pets, furniture, belongings...

...aye piece of piss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Moving 13million people, plus EVERYTHING associated with them, houses, jobs, pets, furniture, belongings...

...aye piece of piss.
    Yes, it is. For the amount of benefits, that is almost nothing.

A few trucks could move all of the materials except houses to Mongolia with ease. Russia could provide the energy and transport route. It would literally be the most wonderful migration process ever.

I see no reason for this not to happen. Also, Serbia would have more land than they ever dreamed of, and be located between Russia AND China, with NO access to their land without having to go through either of those two. They'd literally be the safest country in history.

- - - Updated - - -

As for jobs, I mean, they'd ALL be relocating, INCLUDING the job providers. Yes, it would take a little while to build the infrastructure for jobs, but that is literally the most difficult part of this, and even that isn't rocket science.

I think this should be seriously considered in the UN panel.

Deleted
    I like you.

Oh boy. Another funny thread from Russian troll.
    Last edited by Danuel; 2016-11-07 at 06:23 PM.

I always thought that Israel should move. I say, since we're their biggest ally, give em on of the Hawaiian islands. Sure you gotta leave some stuff behind, but you'll be in paradise and people won't keep trying to kill you. Peace in the middle east bb.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I always thought that Israel should move. I say, since we're their biggest ally, give em on of the Hawaiian islands. Sure you gotta leave some stuff behind, but you'll be in paradise and people won't keep trying to kill you. Peace in the middle east bb.
    Yea, I proposed a few years back on another forum that a US area, probably Texas, should be given to them. It is vast, has similar conditions to Israel (so they would all feel at home instead of being nostalgic), and is in a friendly neighbourhood and as safe as possible.

Plus, Americans, being so generous and pro-Israel, would probably not mind giving a little portion of Texas to them.

So, yes, I agree. I think country trade should seriously be considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm always surprised you're actually serious.

Well as I said in your other thread, very wise words too: You're a dumbass and you should feel bad.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'm always surprised you're actually serious.
    Why wouldn't I be serious about this? It makes perfect sense, really. From a utilitarian perspective, it is absolutely a "must do" thing.

If anyone wonders, one of the most likely epicenters of a next global war is probably in the Balkans, and probably because of enmity between Serbs and other people. Remember, WWI (which lead to WWII eventually) started in Bosnia due to a Serb's nationalism.

There would be no such possibilities if Serbia was in Mongolia's place, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well as I said in your other thread, very wise words too: You're a dumbass and you should feel bad.
    You are so sad. Can you tell me why this is not a good idea?

No?

Just as I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I like you.
    Thank you, I rock!

You just want the Serbs as far away from you as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You just want the Serbs as far away from you as possible.
    Not out of hatred at all, but out of pure benefit. This would be the best solution to enmity between different peoples ever. Literally.

Deleted
    Mogolia in EU? Hell yes. That would be so much fun.

Though I'd feel sorry for serbs. There is nothing but boring plains and deserts in Mongolia. They might all commit mass suicide after moving there.

Deleted
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA? PLEASE DO. I'M LISTENING.

If two countries WANT to relocate, and are willing to pay the costs (especially if other countries help, which in the case of Serbia and Mongolia would 100% happen with Russian and Chinese aid), why the hell shouldn't they? Please give me ONE coherent argument as to why they shouldn't be able to (or just "shouldn't" do).

Deleted
    Not out of hatred at all, but out of pure benefit. This would be the best solution to enmity between different peoples ever. Literally.
    Then its Croatia that should be moved, not Serbia. Serbs were there first.

Moving a problem from one place to another doesn't solve the problem.
    Why would Serbia want to be in Asia? Their cultures are so vastly different, and Serbs do not even speak Russian. It's way more logical and benefiting us all if we could just quit being totalni kreteni, constantly trying to invade each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Then its Croatia that should be moved, not Serbia. Serbs were there first.
    There is not as good a trading partner for Croats as there is for Serbs. Croats really want to be Western, Serbs don't. Croats have a different religion to Russians, and Serb's don't. It's all about who would benefit the most being located to the best area possible (which is Mongolia), both for them and for the other party.

I think Serbs should relocate to Mongolia and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Moving a problem from one place to another doesn't solve the problem.
    Why would Serbia want to be in Asia? Their cultures are so vastly different, and Serbs do not even speak Russian. It's way more logical and benefiting us all if we could just quit being totalni kreteni, constantly trying to invade each other.
    Russian is very similar to Serbian except phonetically (Serbian sounds Latin because of the Latin proximity and assimilation of Vlachs), so they would learn the language in maximum a few months.

They would have Russia and China as their neighbours, so only China would be foreign, not Russia. Additionally, they already have foreign neighbours like the Croats and Albanians, who are far worse for them than the Chinese.

Uhhh.... you just said they'd learn Russian in a few months..... dude, Serbs can be happy they have Cyrillic, other than that it's pretty much the same as Croatian. Russian is fkn hard. I'm Croatian, my fiancee is Russian.... I have given up on learning it.

Plus, no ocean.

And all the Croatian/Serbian families.....

Deleted
    Uhhh.... you just said they'd learn Russian in a few months..... dude, Serbs can be happy they have Cyrillic, other than that it's pretty much the same as Croatian. Russian is fkn hard. I'm Croatian, my fiancee is Russian.... I have given up on learning it.

Plus, no ocean.

And all the Croatian/Serbian families.....
    Dude, Russian and Serbian are very similar. It doesn't take more than months to learn if you actively try.

Serbia has no ocean already.

Croatian-Serbian families can simply choose their new place (Croatia or Mongolia ("New Serbia"))and settle there. Very easy...

If this isn't trolling then its got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Mongolia reveres Genghis Khan and their heritage, and would likely never want to leave the land. Plus they have different economies and religious and cultural makeups and would make it a nightmare converting buildings, training people to new vocations and such.