Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Just getting error, try again in a few mins.
    I watched it fine without logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I watched it fine without logging in.
    Get it if i try watching, and if i try to log in.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    You can find additional stuff on the main website.

What I understand.
    Before the ending of mass effect 3 (Launch is in 2185) the Andromeda initiative was finalised.
    Actually before the beginning of ME3 as it began in 2186, AI arks launched before Arrival.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    So they have realized how big of a fuckup ME3 ending was. By setting the Arc launch date before ME3 and keeping all subsequent ME games in Antromeda they can forever ignore ME3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyped! lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So they have realized how big of a fuckup ME3 ending was. By setting the Arc launch date before ME3 and keeping all subsequent ME games in Antromeda they can forever ignore ME3.
    The stated goal of the mission is to one day provide a "highway" back to the Milky Way. So while the ending has no effect on this game, it may very well in the next one or the one after.

- - - Updated - - -

For the people being met with 500 errors.

The impression I get is that this is a private enterprise with the goal of exploration and resource gathering as it's goals. No mention of any Reaper threat but then again they should have no reason to believe it's real at that point in time, only a select few individuals had seen direct evidence of their presence and I doubt a private entity would have access to such information. So I guess that makes sense, so far.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ark Hyperion. so that name something bad happens to the ship in Mass effect and Hyperion is a bad name in borderlands. guess we should make Hyperion a bad event word =P
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The impression I get is that this is a private enterprise with the goal of exploration and resource gathering as it's goals. No mention of any Reaper threat but then again they should have no reason to believe it's real at that point in time, only a select few individuals had seen direct evidence of their presence and I doubt a private entity would have access to such information. So I guess that makes sense, so far.
    There was a scene which showed a graphic on a screen they were watching, that had a orange image on it that looked like it was a similar shape to a Reaper. Not exact, but similar. It is at the 50 second mark.

I'm curious if this story will tell us that the Repears and such aren't exactly all there was to it. This could be me not remembering the story well enough at all. But I recall that the reapers are just kinda accepted as existing, and there not being too much details as to where they truly came from, or who built them. I suspect that this new race will be tied to the Reapers in some fashion.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper

"The Reapers are a highly-advanced machine race of synthetic-organic starships. The Reapers reside in dark space: the vast, mostly starless space between galaxies. They hibernate there, dormant for fifty thousand years at a time, before returning to the galaxy.
    These giant machines are ancient; their true name is unknown. "Reapers" was a name bestowed by the Protheans, the previous galactic power fifty thousand years before, and the geth refer to them as the Old Machines. In the end, the Reapers spare little concern for whatever labels other races choose to call them, and merely claim that they have neither beginning nor end.

The Reapers are the original creators of the Citadel and the mass relay network. These massive constructs exist so that any intelligent life in the galaxy would eventually discover them and base their technology upon them – all part of a scheme to harvest the galaxy’s sentient life in a repeating cycle of purges that has continued relentlessly over countless millennia."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm curious if this story will tell us that the Repears and such aren't exactly all there was to it.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan

We already know who, where, and what about the Reapers. It is possible the Reapers tried to attack them at some point though or that they had some form of communication about them after their launch. I don't think that is a Reaper though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan

We already know who, where, and what about the Reapers. It is possible the Reapers tried to attack them at some point though or that they had some form of communication about them after their launch. I don't think that is a Reaper though.
    Thanks for that!

I figured I was forgetting something. So much for that idea! lol.

Fucking hell, the music in that trailer couldn't have been any more generic. Way to ruin the Mass Effect vibe.

Now that's more like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't think that is a Reaper though.
    It looks 'similar' but it isn't the same, I agree.

Maybe it's wishful thinking that they won't completely scrap the story of the first trilogy lol. I thought the story was great, but as most the ending was 'meh'. I would love if they took at least the premise of the conflict and continued with it else where.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Fucking hell, the music in that trailer couldn't have been any more generic. Way to ruin the Mass Effect vibe.
    The music in the orientation though.... /drool

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There were no music in the trailer, just oomphy sfx.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Ark Hyperion. so that name something bad happens to the ship in Mass effect and Hyperion is a bad name in borderlands. guess we should make Hyperion a bad event word =P
    Hyperion is also StarCraft Raynor's Battlecruiser and saved the Koprulu sector several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Hyperion is also StarCraft Raynor's Battlecruiser and saved the Koprulu sector several times.
    hmmm. ok just event word then lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There were no music in the trailer, just oomphy sfx.
    Reminded me of a Michael Bay movie trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the music. Considering music from the series is used all over television now.

Also oddly satisfied with how they explained the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the trailer was quite confusing, and not much was shown... I must say though: the visuals are insane. In a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.