Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't get why people are whining about WWs.

I'm a leather wearer with only a 1.5m CD ToK (which CAN be dispelled as well as bubbled) to protect me. Once that's gone, I'm basically a shitty Rogue and my only options is to kill my attacker or try to escape.

If you learn how to deal with my one trick pony ToK (stun me and run, snare/root me, pop your bubble, have healer dispel you, etc) then I'm pretty much fucked.

My Transcendence tick heals me for 20% over a span of 6s if I have the talent for it and my Healing Elixir talent heals me for about 1 CD's worth of damage. My self heal, Effuse heals me for 83k which is literally less HPS than just using a First Aid bandage and costs me Energy which means I won't be DPSing if I use it.

I much prefer PvPing on my Frost DK. The only thing they lack that I miss from my Monk is mobility. In terms of burst and sustained damage, as well as mitigation, they are a shit ton better than the WW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I find WW PvP really fucking boring - especially since 7.1 changes. Kinda just feels like a mongoloid rushdown spec since, like you said, there aren't any valid defensive options. I can see how they are powerful when paired with a good healer though, but I don't think I've ever been nearly as scared of a WW solo as much I am of the other truly terrifying specs atm.

Mobility is a nice defensive.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Mobility is a nice defensive.
    If I wanted to run away like a scrub I'd play a Rogue, they are the masters of that.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

It's funny. I would rather play my WW over my DK... And one shot all the DKs I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    It's funny. I would rather play my WW over my DK... And one shot all the DKs I see.
    You must be playing some bad DKs.

All I have to do is pop IBF and I'm immune to all your stuns. Then I can choose to pop PoF/Obliteration and burst you down in 5 seconds or wait it out for ToK.

Rets are insanely hard for my Monk to beat (again, bubble sucks for ToK), but they are easy as shit for my FDK. This is probably because most of FDK's damage is magic and completely bypasses armor where as Monk's damage are all physical and gets mitigated more from plate classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You must be playing some bad DKs.

All I have to do is pop IBF and I'm immune to all your stuns. Then I can choose to pop PoF/Obliteration and burst you down in 5 seconds or wait it out for ToK.

Rets are insanely hard for my Monk to beat (again, bubble sucks for ToK), but they are easy as shit for my FDK. This is probably because most of FDK's damage is magic and completely bypasses armor where as Monk's damage are all physical and gets mitigated more from plate classes.
    Sounds to me like you're playing WW wrong. Against DKs I have KILLED THEM THROUGH IBF. 20% damage reduc is .. not much. I can force a ret's bubble pretty easily then just kite away if need be.

Because, for the most part, ToK is a win button every time it's up in a 1v1 situation. That is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like you're playing WW wrong. Against DKs I have KILLED THEM THROUGH IBF. 20% damage reduc is .. not much. I can force a ret's bubble pretty easily then just kite away if need be.
    20% damage reduction isn't what's important with it, it's immunity to FoF and Leg Sweep stun while being able to stun the Monk with PoF/RW. Sounds to me your enemies are playing their class wrong or they don't know how to deal with WWs.

Since I main a WW, I know exactly how to deal with their shit.

Don't think I ever lost to one 1v1 in a BG unless they vastly outgear me (only 830 ilvl on my DK). Especially if I use PoF and Obliteration talent which pretty much makes me wreck every melee class except Rogues who can CoS my frost damage and dodge me non stop with Evasion.

20% damage reduction isn't what's important with it, it's immunity to FoF and Leg Sweep stun while being able to stun the Monk with PoF/RW. Sounds to me your enemies are playing their class wrong or they don't know how to deal with WWs.

Since I main a WW, I know exactly how to deal with their shit.

Don't think I ever lost to one 1v1 in a BG unless they vastly outgear me (only 830 ilvl on my DK). Especially if I use PoF and Obliteration talent which pretty much makes me wreck every melee class except Rogues who can CoS my frost damage and dodge me non stop with Evasion.
    Yeah, stun immunity, not death immunity, sernenity + touch of death combo will kill you every time. And by some miracle you crit every auto, ability ect and I don't I have touch of karma to not only redirect the damage you deal, not only NEGATE your damage but also HEAL me.

And with all that said, even if I have 0 CDs, I can kite you forever. I CAN'T die on my monk 1v1, if I don't want to. I have the best mobility in the game and can easily back out and reset the fight if necessary.

So again. I don't think you're playing monk correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    it should be obvious why people hate ww - world wars, they kill to many people
    on the flip side with monk with all that mobility those cd's will come back up if you are chased, and all those ppl crying but rogue...monks are what monks are, WW been escaping combat before rogues were pissing people off with BoS/sprint
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, stun immunity, not death immunity, sernenity + touch of death combo will kill you every time. And by some miracle you crit every auto, ability ect and I don't I have touch of karma to not only redirect the damage you deal, not only NEGATE your damage but also HEAL me.

And with all that said, even if I have 0 CDs, I can kite you forever. I CAN'T die on my monk 1v1, if I don't want to. I have the best mobility in the game and can easily back out and reset the fight if necessary.

So again. I don't think you're playing monk correctly.
    OK, now we're getting to speculative scenarios in which the Monk can win. Yes, OK, if you have all of your CDs up and you're willing to spend ALL of them in one fight, then sure, you can win. You'll then be a gimped little pussy for at least the next 1.5m while everyone else kills you.

But if you want to throw all that in, then I can throw in a PoF/Obliteration/Sindragosa (which hits for almost twice as much as ToD, enjoy) with IBF up. Also, ToD is a spell and I can steal it with my PvP talent and throw it back at you.

Fun fight.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-11-07 at 11:02 PM.

Where's your team?
    Where's the Monk's team?

WoW PvP is not about duels between people away from objectives in BGs.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Where's your team?
    Where's the Monk's team?

WoW PvP is not about duels between people away from objectives in BGs.
    The DH is in meta form over there soloing two classes and the Resto Druid is busy pillar humping an Arms Warrior.

OK, now we're getting to speculative scenarios in which the Monk can win. Yes, OK, if you have all of your CDs up and you're willing to spend ALL of them in one fight, then sure, you can win. You'll then be a gimped little pussy for at least the next 1.5m while everyone else kills you.

But if you want to throw all that in, then I can throw in a PoF/Obliteration/Sindragosa (which hits for almost twice as much as ToD, enjoy) with IBF up. Also, ToD is a spell and I can steal it with my PvP talent and throw it back at you.

Fun fight.
    Yes. TOD. One global. Not my 400k FOF ticks. And after which ? I can run around doing great damage while again, being unkillable due to my incredible mobility.

Deleted
    It's funny how you keep comparing WW monk to the probably strongest melee spec at the moment, which somehow implies that monk is fine as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    It's funny how you keep comparing WW monk to the probably strongest melee spec at the moment, which somehow implies that monk is fine as it is.
    I think Rets are easily the best melee at the moment. Not only do they have the best utility, they also have great burst and the best defenses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Rets are easily the best melee at the moment. Not only do they have the best utility, they also have great burst and the best defenses.
    Tell that to a Mage with Spell Steal or a Priest/ Shaman with Purge.

Classes which are rather common in the Arena.

Deleted
    I dunno, it could be a variety of things really

- Basically unpealable damage
    - Mobility that literally one other spec in the game can overcome
    - Burst damage as well formiddable sustained
    - Did I mention mobility?

Rets are a joke compared to WW, infact I'd rather face a Rogue.

Deleted
    I think the most important points have been named. And mobility is really a BIG factor in their power. On my Monk I have not lost a single 1v1 in arena, yet after my mates have been killed.

You have to be aware that Monk indeed plays more like a Rouge and not like a face-to-face plate tank (DK, Ret, Warrior). You win by blowing your burst abilities (FoF, RSK, Windlord) and then kite until they are back up again.

And yes, Monks are very squishy when ToK is down/dispelled. But the same principle applies here. If you are the focus target you kite the enemy DDs around the map while your DD partner keeps pressure on their healer. At 50% health I will usually port behind a pillar (always remember to manage your transendence) pop one charge of Healing Elixir and 2 Effuses and I'm at 100% again within 6 seconds. Once your burst is ready, you coordinate with your partner, port to the healer with your gigantic mobility and kill him with your great burst. If you are not the focus target, you also have strong sustained pressure and are almost impossible to be peeled.

Getting caught in a stun while your enemies have their burst up is really your only weak point as a Monk. That's where your mates have to save you. But if Monks had more straight up survivability, they would be completely OP. If you play like a tunnelling DK/Ret/Warrior, of course WW does not feel strong.

Even though Ret has strong utility, their viability depends mostly on the amount of raw damage they can put out. This is pretty much the same for DK and Warrior. Rets always had great utility but they were only viable when their damage was really strong (which it is currently). You can easily see on the ladder how fast the positions of Warrior/DK can swap for example when damage tunings come up. WW on the other hand has profited a lot from the DK buffs because given their playstyle mentioned above, Monks profit a lot from a DD partner that can put out serious pressure on his own.