Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Castigator + Epidemic baseline for Unholy
    Frostscythe + GA for baseline for Frost
    GG for all.....but I think that's abit much, it's ridiculously good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Castigator + Epidemic baseline for Unholy
    Frostscythe + GA for baseline for Frost
    GG for all.....but I think that's abit much, it's ridiculously good.
    Yah, I agree with Frostscythe and Epidemic being baseline. I explained my reasoning for FSc above. And Epidemic for Unholy just feels too good not to be included in the main toolkit. It's the "class fantasy" derivative of Blood Boil which was a linchpin for so many years. I would rather see Epidemic baseline and remove the D&D / SS cleave. That concept works great for Blood and should be exclusive to Blood as well.

I'm not sure why you would want GA or Castigator baseline, as I think they work great as talent options. The problem there is talent placement and ability tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want GA or Castigator baseline, as I think they work great as talent options. The problem there is talent placement and ability tuning.
    Because they are auto picks. The only time you might not pick Castigator is with bracers and even then the jury is out. GA is in the same place, Obliteration is weird and BoS is under tuned as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Because they are auto picks. The only time you might not pick Castigator is with bracers and even then the jury is out. GA is in the same place, Obliteration is weird and BoS is under tuned as hell.
    Yah, that's an issue with tuning and talent placement. They can do a better job to not make certain choices mandatory. It sounds like they are aware of these issues and will attempt to remedy them, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Yah, that's an issue with tuning and talent placement. They can do a better job to not make certain choices mandatory. It sounds like they are aware of these issues and will attempt to remedy them, but we shall see.
    Yeah indeed tuning could be better, I think Castigator has probably the strongest claim to being baked in though. It makes Unholy flow better (especially with how bad sub 7 stack openers feel), provides a sizable DPS boost and keeps Crit relevant (when they are talking about making all secondaries matter), I'd even put the case forth for Bursting Sores too since it boosts Mastery during single target alongside making the spec actually feel good.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-11-08 at 02:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are too many talents that seem to be so key to each of the specs that they really should be made baseline for a DK, as many have already expressed in this thread.

Kiiiiinda hoping for the return of deaths advance in all its original glory though.

Well, whatever they bring back, i sure hope plague leech is not amongst it, that would utterly destroy whatever spec gets it for me. Words cannot express the amount of contempt i have for that clunky ass ability.

I want the presence to come back!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and dark succor, why the hell did they remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    oh and dark succor, why the hell did they remove it?
    Err, they didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. The Passive "cannot be slowed below 70%" effect from old death's advance. The passive speed honestly wasn't as important to me as the resistance to slows. It'd help a lot with pvp, it'd be huge quality of life improvement, and it also fits with the weird "intentionally slow but hard to stop" thing that devs have been citing as a reason to gimp our mobility ( if you gimp mobility with "class feel" as a reason, at least make us more resistant to immobility aswell).
    I mean obviously having the entire old death's advance back would be better, still, but if I had to choose which one to get back, I'd choose the one that I can't replace with legendary boots.

2. Replacement or fix for wraith walk. the 3-second duration 45-second cooldown being our only mobility tool is already bad, but getting stuck on single pixels is just insulting. I certainly can't afford the 20k gold that the wraith walk glyph (which is said to maybe fix the buggy behavior) costs on my server - one should not have to pay gold to fix bugs.

3. Presences (and talents to make them auras for party utility). At least the flavor-part of them (leech / cc-duration-reduction / movementspeed) should return, though I'm sure my non-tank colleagues would like to have access to emergency-blood-stance for some health&armor boost.

4. Desirable blood mastery. Like, you know, making some more abilities (at least consumption and bone storm, maybe something else?) stack it up or making it not instantly be gone after getting one (have it only absorb x% of damage taken, not 100%, so it lasts a bit longer) so we can profit from our passive "while blood shield holds" stuff for once, or maybe just increasing the mastery% per rating a bit.
    Currently blood shield is just "meh". Not even remotely good enough to stop me from stacking yet more haste.

5. Raid utility - Unholy frenzy as a bloodlust, or a PvE antimagic barrier again. Or a new unique raid utility.
    Battle res's are not as big a deal as they used to be now that they're on a shared timer, and it's rather poor that that is the only utility we bring (and it doesn't even turn people into ghouls anymore).
    Hell, as mentioned above, you could bring back the presences as a flavorful raid utility aura ("heal nearby raid members for x% of your self-healing" / "reduce duration of crowd control on nearby raid members by x%" / "movement speed and 'cant be reduced below x% speed' for nearby raid members").
    Doesn't have to be powerful, y'know.
    Last edited by Shoat; 2016-11-08 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Inconsequential stuff I'd like (back):

Ability to heal Undead allies with Death Coil, especially during Control Undead.
    Fall damage resistance of some kind.
    A UI indicator for when DT comes off cooldown when I'm in combat.
    A graphical update for Sludge Belcher... or the ability to glyph over it.
    A baseline animation for Wraith Walk that doesn't catch on pebbles.
    For Wraith Walk to not cancel prematurely in random locations in the world.
    A way to apply diseases without cleaving into the Alliance players focusing my quest target so Koltira doesn't chase after them for 10 minutes and keep me from mounting or using my whistle to escape until he dies, by which time they'll come after me because clearly I should have stopped him and was openly attempting to kill them.

Consequential stuff I'd like:

Some kind of baseline CC I can use on non-Undead (as Unholy).
    Literally any kind of baseline raid utility whose cooldown I don't have to share. (If AMZ, replace in PVP talents with Lichborne?)
    Baseline Epidemic.
    Less baseline randomness applying Wounds, since a bad luck streak literally means spending twice as many resources and three times as much time to build up to Apocalypse, and the continued existence of the damnable 7 Wound split.
    A reason to talent anything other than Castigator, Skulker or Ebon Fever.
    A stronger Anti-Magic Shell (slight bias, since I have the AMS legendary but it doesn't affect the damage capacity and you can still be oneshot through it).
    Lower cooldown baseline and root immunity through all of Wraith Walk... or a new gap closer entirely.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-11-08 at 06:07 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.