Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    If you think you got the ring because of hard work you are deluded, you just got lucky af.
    If you have that kind of reading difficulties, im sorry but I wouldnt be able to explain it even further, no matter how much i wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Serinth View Post
    If you have that kind of reading difficulties, im sorry but I wouldnt be able to explain it even further, no matter how much i wanted to.
    Go read your posts again, because it's pretty clear the one having trouble comprehending things is you. You are implying very heavily that if you put in the effort you are almost guaranteed a ring by this point in time, which is complete bullshit because it's an lottery system.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Only players that don't run a lot of M+ dungeons think doing them significantly improves your chances of getting a legendary

Even if you have 4 legendaries right now, which is rare even for the most hardcore players, chances are still pretty good (~50%) you don't have AotHG yet.

As long as one cannot reliably(!) obtain at least 6 legendaries, telling people "it's fine, you will get it" is ridiculous. I mean, try to tell that to seomone who got the neck, Sephuz Secret and the Blur chest
    I have 3 of the above and the wrists which is the only one i'm happy about. It's been over 250 M+ since my last legendary and i doubt ill be getting AOTHG

Only players that don't run a lot of M+ dungeons think doing them significantly improves your chances of getting a legendary
    You have to do A LOT.. right now i'd estimate that 500 or so +4-6's would give an "extra" legendary (rather than just using up your bad luck protection and getting one early that you would have gotten soon anyway)

It's too many to farm IMO but people who have done 500-1500 M+'s do have more legendaries to show for it, they're much more likely to have 3-4 legendaries than the general population.

Even if you have 4 legendaries right now, which is rare even for the most hardcore players, chances are still pretty good (~50%) you don't have AotHG yet.
    Yeah; IIRC it's only like ~1% of the playerbase that has 3+ legendaries right now. It's a matter of dicerolling rather than dedication if one of those happened to be that one legendary
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-11-06 at 11:08 AM.

It actually makes me want to farm more because of the huge power it gives, not like some crap higher Ilvl leather piece that gives you a small amount of agi/secondary stat.
    When I get Sephuz instead (to go with my awesome Prydaz) or it gets nerfed I'm sure I'll lose alot of motivation to play though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    After Blizzcon news it seems they are going to try to re-design how we get legendaries/let us craft them. Also let you "TARGET" a legendary to drop.

Which would make us all target the ring.

Because this spec isn't competitive without it.

Here's to hoping we get something close to a re-design in 7.1.5 anyway.
    No, they specifically DIDNT commit to providing a targeting system, they said maybe. That is what annoyed me the most, I wouldn't care what shape that system took, but they didn't commit to it.

As someone who has Sephuz's Secret, Achor and Loramus Thalipedes. With 250+ Mythics, 7/7 Mythic, running Normal/HC/Mythic/LFR every week, it's frustrating, there's no "skill / hard work / determination" involved in getting it.

Some people in my guild just got paragon point 1 today, I can't be annoyed at that, they just worked harder than me. But legendaries, luck.

Sure I'll get neck next anyway.

BiS -> Situational -> Others
    Ring -> [Bracers/Belt/Helm] -> [PVP Neck/PVP Ring/Boots/Chest]
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2016-11-08 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    No, they specifically DIDNT commit to providing a targeting system, they said maybe. That is what annoyed me the most, I wouldn't care what shape that system took, but they didn't commit to it.

As someone who has Sephuz's Secret, Achor and Loramus Thalipedes. With 250+ Mythics, 7/7 Mythic, running Normal/HC/Mythic/LFR every week, it's frustrating, there's no "skill / hard work / determination" involved in getting it.

Some people in my guild just got paragon point 1 today, I can't be annoyed at that, they just worked harder than me. But legendaries, luck.

Sure I'll get neck next anyway.

BiS -> Situational -> Others
    Ring -> [Bracers/Belt/Helm] -> [PVP Neck/PVP Ring/Boots/Chest]
    Boots are not "others" ... Thalipede's are quite nice to have.

I've got:
    Runemaster's Pauldrons
    Kirel Narak
    Achor, the Eternal Hunger
    Anger of the Half Giants

Getting the ring is literally night and day difference in performance and fluidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Thalipedes are crap for ST and in AoE, with DB, you don't have that much Fel Rush to spam to begin with. It is also not recommended to use spam Fel Rush because of Momentum, and you're not gaining the buff for it.

After the Fel Rush nerf, it takes 4 enemies to get the original damage values.

The boots are not really that good at all. Even their stat balance is a bit crappy (haste -> Crit)

Deleted
    Demon hunters are a jack of all trades. While not being the very best at anything they are a solid choice for anything ranging from mythic+ to mythic raids.
    The most powerful tool in the kit has to be the fast aoe burst you provide.

got the ring recently. Like some other legendaries I don't see any reason why this shit isn't baseline it feels so much better to play with the ring it's not even funny anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Someone please enlighten me how the hell is this system supposed to be fun/exciting/fair?
    It isn't. Retards who love slotmachines and one button rotations will tell you otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Tell me. Is it worth getting demon blades without the ring?
    To be honest I don't know the demonhunter is my alt for splits. I played with demonblades even before I got the ring because I was told it's the best not because I actually did my own research .
    But since I have the ring my damage really took off. Previously I could end up with huge gaps while now I sometimes think I wouldn't even need felrush if it wasn't for momentum. Without the second I started not critting I could see the gaps incoming. Admittedly being just an alt my dh only has 872 and not in every slot the most optimal piece.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-11-08 at 11:13 AM.

I checked 50 first dh in EU and they all have the ring, a friend in my guilde gained from 50k to 100k dps with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Yes they are. Checked logs this week for Xavius, my boots did 400k damage this week, guildie with the belt did 7 million.

They are other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I checked 50 first dh in EU and they all have the ring, a friend in my guilde gained from 50k to 100k dps with it.
    Yep, on a fight like ursoc this ring is easily 70-80k dps increase if not more. On single target it's also at least 40-50k especially if you get some nice rng. It's really stupid how powerful some legendaries are, yet all we can do to obtain them is pray for good luck. I won't be happy at all if I dont get this ring as my 2nd legendary, but get some other stupid one which does no contribution to the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I'm top 30 all-stars with no ring though (all regions), and I have a shitty Cenarius kills. Not saying it ain't OP or anything but you can clearly perform without it
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2016-11-08 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Yep, on a fight like ursoc this ring is easily 70-80k dps increase if not more. On single target it's also at least 40-50k especially if you get some nice rng. It's really stupid how powerful some legendaries are, yet all we can do to obtain them is pray for good luck. I won't be happy at all if I dont get this ring as my 2nd legendary, but get some other stupid one which does no contribution to the dps.

"easily 70-80k dps" isnt true at all But if that helps you sleep at night, fine. You will be VERY dissapointed though when you find out the problem isnt mainly the ring, but your ability to play your class to perfection. The ring helps, of course it does. But forget that it will give you 80k dps alone