Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    As warrior, Hamstring requiring a GCD = you'll do shit for damage and/or other classes can easily escape from you within the GCD if you're not otherwise spamming hamstring. Which makes you unable to kill since spending GCD on snares instead of DPS. Thanks blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    As warrior, Hamstring requiring a GCD = you'll do shit for damage and/or other classes can easily escape from you within the GCD if you're not otherwise spamming hamstring. Which makes you unable to kill since spending GCD on snares instead of DPS. Thanks blizz.
    But that's the case for most people. FDK has to spam COI which also cost more resources than hamstring and also has GCD. So not really an argument in favor of frost vs dk.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-10-29 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Looking at the blizzcon arena tournament (like the one yesterday) there are no warriors - and that is for a reason. You see alot more DKs for sure.
    Warriors are currently in a bad position- perhaps the worst ever.
    So unless you are aiming for gladiator titel / top rated arena , pick what you enjoy the most.
    The strongest is imo DK.
    However, balancing can (and will hopefully) happen, and perhaps one of the two gets buffed or nerfed, which changes things around.
    Personally the strongest melee class (as I assume you want to be melee) is either rogue or ret paladin. Might worth consider if its just a alt for pvp

Deleted
    Frost DKs are climbing the ladder since patch 7.1 and soon they will be amongst the top 3 dps for 3v3 arena.

Deleted
    All these baddies say "NERF FROST SO OP LOL!!!" and then they say "WARRIOR IS SHIT, ARMS IS TERRIBLE PLZZZZ BUFF"

Meanwhile look at the top pvpers. Lots of arms warriors and no DK's to be found. I think we have some baddie warriors in here. Both classes are good. Warrior most likely better with mobility. Meanwhile the DK has no mobility and is most likely the easiest to kite class but they have better healing.

EDIT
    I just noticed in the past 3 days DK got a bit better. Sorry not noting. I mean the patch literally just happened.
    Last edited by mmoc2d9bdf7f11; 2016-10-29 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    But that's the case for most people. FDK has to spam COI which also cost more resources than hamstring and also has GCD. So not really an argument in favor of frost vs dk.
    coi is ranged. make hamstring have a 15 yd range and we will be complaining slightly less. slightly

also frost dk dmg creates a black hole in yo butt

game play style, i personally enjoy warrior the MOST out of all melee classes in arena/rbgs and historically warriors were in good or very good position when it came to rated arena. However for solo que, warriors almost always were total crap. As many ppl pointed out above, right now FDK are in a better spot than wars, and historically DKs are better for solo pvp than wars (unless you are playing prot war, they are insane fun/good in wpvp atm).

So as of right now (since everything can change next patch) FDK is better both rated pvp/casual pvp, but in my humble opinion next seasons Wars are going to get buffed and be good again in rated. Even now in Wpvp i got jumped my an Arms war (high pve gear) he pretty much took out 100% of my hp in 2 globals lol..but good thing my Ret has auto bubble spec, cuz after my bubble proced and his 1shot macro was gone, i killed him in a stun :P but Arms warriors can do some crazy burst in Wpvp/duels but if you know how to counter them, u won;t lose to arms 1v1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    coi is ranged. make hamstring have a 15 yd range and we will be complaining slightly less. slightly

also frost dk dmg creates a black hole in yo butt
    yep, exactly this lol even after nerf frost dks do CRAZY burst dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    game play style, i personally enjoy warrior the MOST out of all melee classes in arena/rbgs and historically warriors were in good or very good position when it came to rated arena. However for solo que, warriors almost always were total crap. As many ppl pointed out above, right now FDK are in a better spot than wars, and historically DKs are better for solo pvp than wars (unless you are playing prot war, they are insane fun/good in wpvp atm).

So as of right now (since everything can change next patch) FDK is better both rated pvp/casual pvp, but in my humble opinion next seasons Wars are going to get buffed and be good again in rated. Even now in Wpvp i got jumped my an Arms war (high pve gear) he pretty much took out 100% of my hp in 2 globals lol..but good thing my Ret has auto bubble spec, cuz after my bubble proced and his 1shot macro was gone, i killed him in a stun :P but Arms warriors can do some crazy burst in Wpvp/duels but if you know how to counter them, u won;t lose to arms 1v1

- - - Updated - - -

yep, exactly this lol even after nerf frost dks do CRAZY burst dmg
    Hamstring lasts a lot longer than COI, warrior has a lot more mobility and defensives than FDK, hamstring doesn't reduce your dmg output anywhere close to what coi does to DK. it costs 1/6th of our resources to cast. 1 COI is equal to half of Obliterate. Warriors have nothing to whine about hamstring.

You will never "better" slow than DK because of your better mobility. And they made it DK fantasy to move slow and also slow the most.

Do you expect to have better damage than DK or equal? Because that shouldn't happen either due to your higher uptime on the target and Mortal Wound which reduces healing received by the target. Sorry. You cannot have that dmg as long as you do what you do. What would be the point of taking DK than instead of a warrior who would be all around better (already is tbh)
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-11-07 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Hamstring lasts a lot longer than COI, warrior has a lot more mobility and defensives than FDK, hamstring doesn't reduce your dmg output anywhere close to what coi does to DK. it costs 1/6th of our resources to cast. 1 COI is equal to half of Obliterate. Warriors have nothing to whine about hamstring.

You will never "better" slow than DK because of your better mobility. And they made it DK fantasy to move slow and also slow the most.

Do you expect to have better damage than DK or equal? Because that shouldn't happen either due to your higher uptime on the target and Mortal Wound which reduces healing received by the target. Sorry. You cannot have that dmg as long as you do what you do. What would be the point of taking DK than instead of a warrior who would be all around better (already is tbh)
    I know DKs have better slows than Wars. I do not play War nor DK any more :P so i dont expect anything i just speak from current state of the game: FDKs do more dmg than wars and better in Arena/RBGs atm than wars; however, personally i enjoy war's game play more than DKs. Not sure if ur post was addressed to me though on 1st place

Warrior. DK is notorious for being nerffed constantly, even when the class isnt that good. Warrior is notorious for being buffed constantly even when its good. So although neither warriors nor DKs are all that good atm, it's more likely that warrior will get improved and DK will not.

That said you say you main monk, I can only assume you enjoy mobile classes, and warrior is ... Warrior is a cheetah compared to DKs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I know DKs have better slows than Wars. I do not play War nor DK any more :P so i dont expect anything i just speak from current state of the game: FDKs do more dmg than wars and better in Arena/RBGs atm than wars; however, personally i enjoy war's game play more than DKs. Not sure if ur post was addressed to me though on 1st place
    was just a general notion

Yeh if you enjoy mobility do not go DK :P, i play Ret atm and some classes (Monks/ferals/mages) just drive me crazy sometimes cuz i can not catch them whats so ever, DKs are in a very similar boat to Rets mobility wise. OP maybe you should try ferals? They also have great mobility like WW/DH and very very strong in PvP both casual and rated.

If you want alt just to do world pvp on other hand, then just go prot wars, they are insane in wpvp :P ton of mobility/high dmg /high survival from what i noticed/experienced when jumping prot wars in the wpvp

I absolutely love fury warrior PvP. For casual pvp, it's a blast. You have a utter crap ton of mobility - especially with Double Time talent. Understand you are a bit of a glass cannon so I use Furious Charge for self-healing and it keeps me going, especially when paired with enraged regen which brings you almost back to full. I'm often at the top of KB/HK charts and if you play the mobility card well, you'll utterly wreck random BGs.

Nothing like popping 4 CDs, laying down a crap-ton of damage and then leaping out 90 yards away within seconds

Wars still have higher representation above 2.5k cr in 3s (US) than Rets, and this is the Best Rets have been since wrath and one of the worst seasons for Wars since Cata, just saying guys wars are not TERRIBLE, they are just not as good as Fdks (talking from plate dps pov)

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Looking at the blizzcon arena tournament (like the one yesterday) there are no warriors - and that is for a reason. You see alot more DKs for sure.
    Warriors are currently in a bad position- perhaps the worst ever.
    So unless you are aiming for gladiator titel / top rated arena , pick what you enjoy the most.
    The strongest is imo DK.
    However, balancing can (and will hopefully) happen, and perhaps one of the two gets buffed or nerfed, which changes things around.
    Personally the strongest melee class (as I assume you want to be melee) is either rogue or ret paladin. Might worth consider if its just a alt for pvp
    I wana point out that there were no DKs either. Well, there was one, that instantly swapped to enhance shaman after losing horribly. DKs are in just as bad shape as warriors atm.