Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Finding the cure to legion's cancer: altitis

In dire need of some advice. No, I don't want character suggestions. I want advice from those who have a tough time picking a main. I have 8x 110's; only rogue, priest, warlock, and DK are not leveled.

What kind of advice do you have for someone looking to focus on 1 toon, not a plethora of alts?

Thanks.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take a hybrid so you can at least have role options.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is how do you have that many 110's?

I raid. Pretty much all that needs to be said.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever one you honestly have the most fun on and offers the best choices suited to your play style.

Monk is mine but I am leveling a fury warrior because I love how fluid the spec is now and its great fun watching my character swing around her weapons (giggity) with reckless abandon.

I won't have as many alts as you do but at the end of this expansion I'll have 3-4 and that is it. The monk will remain my main.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    I've deleted everything except my Rogue and DK. DK is my main, rogue is my alt. I just keep reminding myself I have a life and the more time I waste playing alts in this game, the less time I have to work in the garage, take in a show, go hang with friends, camping with the family... etc. Sometimes killing all but 2 is the way to go.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this thread title. Holy shit.

I always pick hybrid. Heal, tank, DPS and float around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekster View Post
    only rogue, priest, warlock, and DK are not leveled.
    There's your problem. You haven't lived until you've done mythic raiding with a heart attack waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    I level them? Idk, it's easy as hell to level. It just blows because without focusing on 1 character, I never push challenging content like I would like too. Having a character that I'm thrilled to play seems to take over my conscience instead of pushing tougher content.

I raid and I'm still able to play alts. I've got 7 110s so far and really I only play my monk and warlock, warlock being the main I raid on. My paladin, demon hunter, rogue, mage and death knight are all 850.

Honestly just think of all the work you have to do and choose a class which you enjoy aside from your main which you complete everything on. That's how I've been going about it so far and it's been working just fine.

Forgot to mention, I usually just play my alts until I finish their class campaign to unlock their 3rd relic slot then I usually move on if I'm not enjoying the class as much as I had hoped for.
    Last edited by Redsoldier06; 2016-11-08 at 02:10 AM.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Your character is so much better and thus fun to play if you actually stick with it at 110. You're avoiding the enjoyable part. I don't know what to tell you. If you're looking for a spec that will suddenly wow you with depth and complexity when you hit 110, that you haven't already figured out during the leveling process, you're shit out of luck these days. Leveling is way way more than enough time to completely familiarize with the tiny kits these days.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2016-11-08 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Whichever one you honestly have the most fun on and offers the best choices suited to your play style.

Monk is mine but I am leveling a fury warrior because I love how fluid the spec is now and its great fun watching my character swing around her weapons (giggity) with reckless abandon.

I won't have as many alts as you do but at the end of this expansion I'll have 3-4 and that is it. The monk will remain my main.
    That's my problem, I don't know what I have the most fun. I guess I'll have to try the 4 classes I haven't tried yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I've deleted everything except my Rogue and DK. DK is my main, rogue is my alt. I just keep reminding myself I have a life and the more time I waste playing alts in this game, the less time I have to work in the garage, take in a show, go hang with friends, camping with the family... etc. Sometimes killing all but 2 is the way to go.
    I've done this before and had blizz restore them lol. Maybe I should start by pruning off the ones I absolutely dislike...

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this thread title. Holy shit.
    Cool. Move along with your useless input.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I always pick hybrid. Heal, tank, DPS and float around.
    Most classes can do 2 roles so that doesn't overly help me. I see your point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    There's your problem. You haven't lived until you've done mythic raiding with a heart attack waiting to happen
    I have a heart condition; I rather not have it explode mid-fight and my raid lead is wondering why the f^ck I'm not doing shit.

That's my problem, I don't know what I have the most fun. I guess I'll have to try the 4 classes I haven't tried yet?

If you already have them at 100 you're not missing anything. You get one more button when you get your artifact. You already know what they do and how they play. Get out of your own head and stop wasting your own time.

Compromise. There really is no other choice atm.

pick a druid, healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps, those mofos have everything

Okay I'll keep it short.

I'm similar to yourself, currently with 5 x 110, and I won't tell you how many at 100 to prevent your heart attack from happening.

Nothing works for us - altoholics - as a permanent "cure". We will get back to our ways after a while.

Having said that - what worked best for me is to give an honest shot to a class/spec that I haven't tried before, or never spent enough time on in the past.

E.g. my latest alt that I spend most time on is Windwalker Monk. I was surprised how much I loved it, and how much DPS I was doing, having completely no idea what optimal rotation, talents, WTF-else was...

So hang in there, brother, and don't feel bad about the way you play. Explore new, hang on to them until ilevel 835-840 (easy to get to as a casual altoholic), then move on.

P.S. I guess it wasn't very short after all.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

7+ Year Old Account
    I've done this before and had blizz restore them lol. Maybe I should start by pruning off the ones I absolutely dislike...
    The secret is to put in a ticket and ask for them to be permanently deleted. That's what I did. No chance of them coming back in 30+ days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post

Leveling in Legion is actually quite a joke in terms of time. I got my shaman to 110 in about 10 hours of lazy leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Take a hybrid so you can at least have role options.
    To be on topic, this. I typically like playing a class that has a quick queue option. Even though DPS queues are quick as all hell still this expansion. I just like having the option of having more than just dps.

Pick the class you enjoy the most and go with that (or, if you're like me, one of the only classes you still enjoy post-prune)