Quote Originally Posted by nomey View Post
    You really need to get simulationcraft or something. It seems like a big hassle but once you've taken a few minutes to figure the app out it's as simple as logging out to the char selection screen, alt tabbing and clicking a few buttons to find new weights and compare dps sims. Combine that with Pawn or something to put the new weights in-game and you have very easy and reasonably accurate information on upgrades.

All you have to do with the APP is alter the options to do stat scaling after each sim and then you import your char from the armory. It updates automatically when you log out to the char selection screen, no need to wait or refresh anything etc. Just re-import and sim again.
    Aight, thank you for the detailed response! I will start tinkering around with simulationcraft.

Deleted
    I am looking for a rotation helper style weakaura for WW monk.

Ever since swapping to Serenity I have been messing up my rotation regularly due to worrying too much about setting up Serenity. I already got a weakaura now to signal Serenity use windows to me but I am not happy with the rest of the weakaura setup, currently using the setup from Babylonius.

On my DK I got a pretty neat weakaura for Frost DK that basically highlights the optimal rotation skills.
    https://wago.io/NJcIpuV9W this is the weakaura

I envision something similiar for my Monk with Chi instead of Runes but could not find something like it that someone else might have prepared already. It should be possible though since the Monk rotation follows a pretty strict ruleset.

1. Never use the same skill twice in a row
    2. low energy/low chi = tiger palm
    3. 3 chi+ FOF off CD = FOF.

etc

Basically I need to flesh out the full set of conditions to put this into weakauras. The weak aura should be able to tell me at all times based on my hit combo stacks, ability cooldowns and last used ability what the most efficient damage rotation spell would be at the given moment.

Like for example when you are at 3 chi and RSK ready but FOF is 1 GCD away and EE on CD to first use Tiger Palm to get to 5 chi and then FOF followed by RSK so that FoF is not delayed.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-11-07 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question. With the SEF bugs, does WDP/SEF spec or Serenity have more Aoe potential?

@nomey & @Penne I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to jump in with a little help.

As Penne said, simming on AMR to compare items is super easy, here's a video if anyone needs some help. You don't even have to download a thing when comparing items. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV6CbgliKk

You can also get stat weights on our simulator and they are even more powerful. Change the 'sim type' on the right of the sim setup page from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy.' I'd suggest leaving all of the options that show up as defaults (unless you know what you're doing) - except, take a look at the min/max iLevel options. That lets you set the range you want stat weights for, from gear that's 'right now' to gear that's 20 or 40 iLevels out. One note: set the min about 5 or 10 iLevels below your current gear so we can get a good 'best fitting line' for the weights.

The AMR stat weights do a few other really nice things.
    1. The stat weights look at 1000s of data points for each stat (instead of just 2 like simC).
    2. Trinkets & items with procs don't rank well with stat weights, so that 'gearing strategy' simulation also sims every item with a proc. And then that info gets bundled with the stat weight report, and when you rank gear, all proc-items are ranked directly from simulations.
    3. Real bosses: we have our Ursoc script right now, and this week we'll have a mythic+ script out. And more bosses from there. The really handy thing for this is you can compare WCL reports directly to a sim output to see where you can improve, etc.

Hit me up if you have any questions. I don't have a stat weight video out yet, but will soon.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Quick question. With the SEF bugs, does WDP/SEF spec or Serenity have more Aoe potential?
    Probably depends on number of adds and how long they're up. If 6 adds are up for 9s+serenity window, then you can tag them all manually and go into a stupid, stupid Serenity. If it;s more than that, or they're not up for as long, then the quicker tagging of SEF starts to make it muddy. Would be nice to know numbers, too.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Probably depends on number of adds and how long they're up. If 6 adds are up for 9s+serenity window, then you can tag them all manually and go into a stupid, stupid Serenity. If it;s more than that, or they're not up for as long, then the quicker tagging of SEF starts to make it muddy. Would be nice to know numbers, too.
    Serenity has more AOE potential unless its somehow a prolonged 30s AOE spree where you can use both stacks of SEF. But even then, Serenity is just too strong with being able to make SCK every other ability.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Babylonius, i have a question for you, if i can explain it correctly im hoping you can help me with. So with serenity up say you have 5-6 adds tagged that will live for the duration of serenity, thats 250-300% more damage from SCK, do you think its more damage to allow hit combo drop off and our mastery to drop off and spam SCK for the duration of serenity and for the last 2 globals of it use SOTWL and FOF for the cd reduction?

ive tried as i just described a few times with massive numbers but not sure if i can do better. Babylonius to get the best possible amount of aoe damage out of serenity how would you do it? if as i described above is a bad idea? thank you.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Babylonius, i have a question for you, if i can explain it correctly im hoping you can help me with. So with serenity up say you have 5-6 adds tagged that will live for the duration of serenity, thats 250-300% more damage from SCK, do you think its more damage to allow hit combo drop off and our mastery to drop off and spam SCK for the duration of serenity and for the last 2 globals of it use SOTWL and FOF for the cd reduction?

ive tried as i just described a few times with massive numbers but not sure if i can do better. Babylonius to get the best possible amount of aoe damage out of serenity how would you do it? if as i described above is a bad idea? thank you.
    No, if you drop hit combo and mastery then you're dropping 45-60% damage to SCK by spamming. SCK is also a 1.5s ability (reduced by haste), so using one after another will result in you clipping 1/4-1/3 of the damage. You're better off alternating SCK and the other abilities so that you get SotW and FoF into the Serenity, which leaves you with 3 GCD or so for SCK. Not to mention that you may need to use RSK on a target to keep up the stacks.

The damage you'd lost with HC, mastery, and SCK clipping would erase the benefit from using it every GCD. FoF and SotW are also more AOE damage until a reasonably higher number of stacks, which is difficult to get when specced into Serenity.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Thanks Babylonius thats exactly what i was looking for. take care.

So at 868 ilvl unbuffed I currently have 22% crit, 9% haste, 52% mastery, 2% versatility. Anything I want to change about that? I'm currently running SEF+WDP as I'm kinda stuck in my ways. I feel like I should switch to serenity but I'm not sure where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagula View Post
    So at 868 ilvl unbuffed I currently have 22% crit, 9% haste, 52% mastery, 2% versatility. Anything I want to change about that? I'm currently running SEF+WDP as I'm kinda stuck in my ways. I feel like I should switch to serenity but I'm not sure where to start.
    Probably too much mastery not enough versatility and possibly crit. Only way to know for sure is to sim yourself. As for simcraft and simming yourself multiple times, you don't have to (not replying to you here, someone else mentioned this). It was posted in this very thread that you can compare multiple gear sets in the same simulation profile by using the copy command. Example with your normal gear set on top, then you add a copy underneath that.
    feet=boots_of_monk,id=blah
    trinket1=hunger,id=blah
    trinket2=chaos,id=blah

copy=urn/memento
    trinket1=urn_of_nightbane,id=blah,etc
    trinket2=memento_of_angerboda,id=blah,etc
    That will sim both gear sets and compare them. You can turn on scaling and plotting but that will make it take longer. Taking your stat weights doesn't tell the whole story, plotting will tell you how much of each stat will affect your dps. Really the best way tho is to copy in all your gear sets that you wanna compare and see how they come out. But you can do that all in the same sim. And then when you get new gear log out with all the new stuff in so you don't have to find it on wowhead and make your own copy additions to that previous profile or just to the profile in that sim that came out on top.

Also, single target and multi target have different outcomes and stat weights. For example I got the mastery trinket from Arcway that does the aoe pulse and it's better on 2 or more targets but on single target it's a dps loss from chaos talisman and hunger trinkets. That's a more obvious example but some trinkets do show up better on aoe vs single target and aren't as obvious. Haste seems to get better on aoe but it does have to be somewhat sustained I believe. I'm not completely sure which option to take for simming a mythic 5 man. I tried helter skelter, hectic add cleave, etc but I think in general just changing to more than one target and keeping patchwerk is accurate enough considering you could take that as a baseline for how you should play and extrapolate based on how many targets you can reach to what your outcome you should be. Unfortunately I don't know how to run different target comparisons in one sim (maybe anyone reading this could help?) but I ran multiple gear sets with that copy command and then ran them again with 2, 3, 4, 5 targets separately and compared. For pushing mythic+ at least I think an aoe set is useful to have. Then switch that out to a single target set before bosses (as long as the trinkets don't have procs there will be nothing to lose on that single target switch).

- - - Updated - - -

Different topic, but I was looking at logs and simcraft and does it seem like WW needs a buff? It seems to be falling behind while other specs are shooting ahead. Even havoc dh and frost dks are ahead of us on single target now.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2016-11-08 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Different topic, but I was looking at logs and simcraft and does it seem like WW needs a buff? It seems to be falling behind while other specs are shooting ahead. Even havoc dh and frost dks are ahead of us on single target now.
    If you're playing with people of equal skill/ilvl to you we've been low for quite awhile. Even in cleave we're still lackluster. It's always like this though, at the start of the xpac we're strong but not retardedly op then we get nerfs to make us middle of the pack/lower and since we don't scale very well people end up switching after the first raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    If you're playing with people of equal skill/ilvl to you we've been low for quite awhile. Even in cleave we're still lackluster. It's always like this though, at the start of the xpac we're strong but not retardedly op then we get nerfs to make us middle of the pack/lower and since we don't scale very well people end up switching after the first raid tier.
    I should have known but it makes me wanna quit. Too much time invested to start over...

https:"//"docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IVi_Arp7r_-tFJqqaaMrfFtnkxzo2wt6ayA5lwR0K_U/edit#gid=688891307
    can someone explain why is Tirathon's Betrayal so high in dps ranking? Or monks have some tricks with this trink, like push them in every serenity or someting like this.

Deleted
    Yeah I am playing with good rogues and demonhunters.

Eary in the expac I was dominating in dungeon content but only slightly ahead of DH. Then came the SotW nerf and I was starting to fall behind the DH.

Now I can't even come close to competing for DPS with the combat rogue. On mythic+ bosses he does considerable more dps on trash pulls he does more even if I can get two touch of death with the gloves and serenity he just bursts aoe, same with DH they are already pulling 2m+ dps while I am building up SCK stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Yeah I am playing with good rogues and demonhunters.

Eary in the expac I was dominating in dungeon content but only slightly ahead of DH. Then came the SotW nerf and I was starting to fall behind the DH.

Now I can't even come close to competing for DPS with the combat rogue. On mythic+ bosses he does considerable more dps on trash pulls he does more even if I can get two touch of death with the gloves and serenity he just bursts aoe, same with DH they are already pulling 2m+ dps while I am building up SCK stacks.
    sadly its looking that way. Fingers crossed for a buff and not just a "you guys are good at aoe dw"

it's a sad day when I have to look 6-7 pages into some of these logs to even find a ww monk, then go further in to find the rest of the monks.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2016-11-08 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    sadly its looking that way. Fingers crossed for a buff and not just a "you guys are good at aoe dw"

it's a sad day when I have to look 6-7 pages into some of these logs to even find a ww monk, then go further in to find the rest of the monks.
    Demonhunter single target is total shit without the legendary ring, below WW single target without it.

WW does better 2-3 target cleave damage, especially sustained.

Outlaw rogues cried and cried and now they got overbuffed.

Outlaw does slightly less aoe than demonhunter but much, much higher single target DPS.

Don't expect to compete with outlaw rogue because my demonhunter isn't already.

It seems that simcraft is not simming Eye of Command trinket properly for me, also I have the chest that buffs it. Anyone know how I can get these things working properly in simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Demonhunter single target is total shit without the legendary ring, below WW single target without it.

WW does better 2-3 target cleave damage, especially sustained.

Outlaw rogues cried and cried and now they got overbuffed.

Outlaw does slightly less aoe than demonhunter but much, much higher single target DPS.

Don't expect to compete with outlaw rogue because my demonhunter isn't already.
    Idk who told you this or wtf you're looking at but our cleave is great when the 3 targets are inside of each other's models which is extremely uncommon, where as dhs can cleave from across the map hitting everything. And single target wise it's hit or miss on fight duration/mechanics for us to not be the worst melee. (Sub not included)

Idk who told you this or wtf you're looking at but our cleave is great when the 3 targets are inside of each other's models which is extremely uncommon, where as dhs can cleave from across the map hitting everything. And single target wise it's hit or miss on fight duration/mechanics for us to not be the worst melee. (Sub not included)
    Across the map? You mean eye beam, which makes you stationary, because fel rush requires to land a melee hit and throw glaive requires the targets be close as well. Fel Barrage will not only require tightly cluimped targets, but if your primary target dies the spell interrupts itself instead of continuing the barrage on the rest of the targets.

But if it makes you feel any better.... YOU ARE THE WORST DH/OUTLAW ARE THE BEST PLS BUFF.