Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkwizit View Post
    off topic:
    anyone got a guide to bis trinkets for arms now Karazhan etc is out? I hear so many mixed reviews.

thanks in advance
    Appendages and any other high ilvl mastery stick(Urn, WQ, Gift of Radiance) / memento / terrorbound are all good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Also Defstance or FR baseline? Not very likely. If so the talents need to be replaced with something else. What would you like as a replacement talent?
    I want to see Dstance become baseline and that tier turned into more of a mobility tier. So move double time over to replace Dstance, and put charge stun where double time used to be. So that way we have one tier dedicated entirely to CC.

Next, revamp Second Wind so it's like one of the older versions where you heal for X% of your max health over Y seconds when hit with a snare, root, or CC. So ultimately we get a nice CC tier with shockwave, stormbolt, and charge stun. We have a mobility themed tier with a heal on CC, double time, or bounding stride. Dstance is baseline as it should be (stances should be a core part of the warrior fantasy imo).

FR baseline is a pipedream and very very unlikely to happen, but a man can dream, right? Just think it fills an important role in Arms right now and any non-FR build will just feel clunky/off AND need to be extremely overtuned to compete with the FR/anger-management/deadly-calm/tactician synergy.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-11-07 at 06:08 AM.

Hey guys,

i'm having some weirds simcraft values lately where strength is devaluated :

Mastery Haste Vers Str Crit
    Normalized 1.48 1.32 1.13 1.00 0.94

Are you seeing the same thing ?

Strength isn't "devalued", it sucked all the way from the release of legion.

Deleted
    Hello,

so I have a question about the opener with the execute ring. What's better right now: Charge CS-->BC or Charge-->BC with CS? I mean if I get tac/exe procs the first one seems to be better, but without luck the 2nd one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I want to see Dstance become baseline and that tier turned into more of a mobility tier. So move double time over to replace Dstance, and put charge stun where double time used to be. So that way we have one tier dedicated entirely to CC.

Next, revamp Second Wind so it's like one of the older versions where you heal for X% of your max health over Y seconds when hit with a snare, root, or CC. So ultimately we get a nice CC tier with shockwave, stormbolt, and charge stun. We have a mobility themed tier with a heal on CC, double time, or bounding stride. Dstance is baseline as it should be (stances should be a core part of the warrior fantasy imo).

FR baseline is a pipedream and very very unlikely to happen, but a man can dream, right? Just think it fills an important role in Arms right now and any non-FR build will just feel clunky/off AND need to be extremely overtuned to compete with the FR/anger-management/deadly-calm/tactician synergy.

Old Second wind was more of a PVP Talent and should stay there. I actually like new Second Wind. It makes questing and exploring much more enjoyable and is my default solo talent. When I don't have it I miss it dearly. That is why I dislike Fury: regging after 2-3 mobs.
    Also it synergieses with our cooldowns to some extend. Pop Commanding shout and DbtS. While you parry mobs attack Second wind kicks in boosted by increased % of BC. It is not much but at least something in the thick of battle.

I agree that DStance should be baseline as stances always were a core feature of warriors. I really miss an on demand damage reduction like old Defstance.

While Raiding I sometimes miss old Anger Managment aka you regg x amount of rage while in combat. Most other classes regg their primary ressource while not attacking. So they start with full Runes, Energy when they can engage the boss again. Warriors on the other hand do not regenerate rage unless they can hit stuff. It even decays between fights. I know it always has been this way but I guess I would really enjoy thinking "Well Boss, you forced me to move away from you.. now I am full of rage and gonna burst your butt"
    Or maybe instead of a passive reggen how about removing Heroic throws CD and let it generate a small amout of rage per use.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2016-11-07 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    I always loved stance dancing and having 3 stances. It really increased the skill ceiling for warriors, especially in pvp.
    I however doubt that this will ever return, unfortunately =[

Quote Originally Posted by stukov View Post
    I always loved stance dancing and having 3 stances. It really increased the skill ceiling for warriors, especially in pvp.
    I actually had an idea about Arms being the only Warrior spec actually using said "stance dance". Being the more tactical spec, it would be able to manually trigger the "burn phase" on and off. Say, 2 stances, Steady and Aggressive. In Steady you can gain resources and Rage, in Aggressive you spend them to do more damage. You always have a choice to enter Aggressive too early to burn something down quickly, but in longer run it's a bad idea, due to some Exhaustion mechanic or something.

They went with simple "hit with axe when button flashes", second best option really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stukov View Post

stance dancing was fun "in a way" long ago but its out dated and has no place in todays game.

all stance dancing did was make for clunky game play and a weak class over all.

stance dancing arms warriors could not compete with other classes that can do just as much damage if not more- have the same tools as we did- better d-cds and better self healing all without stance dancing.

look at rouges all rogues needed to do was hit 1 button and disarm someone- arms needed to spam a macro switch to d stance disarm the target then smap the macro again to get back to battle stance. draining all your rage/stopping all your damage and hoping lag did not f you over.

you can go right down the line -pallys -rogues- dks and the like then add in casters they can do it all/everything warriors can do without stance dancing. pummel in berserker to stop a cast -then back to battle- o what i need to disarm = back to d stance then back to battle -ok now i cna dps but i need to reflect that cast = back to d stance and burn all my rage again= not ty.

stance dancing had its place long ago like i said but it was always top restrictive and held warriors back - thats why it was designed to do. hell we would have to jump to zerker stance just to intercept because charge was not usable in combat.any play with half a brain knew a warrior was going to intercept when they switched and could easily counter it.

keep in mind back in the day warriors had the biggest health pools -we hit the hardest -we could take a ton of damage and had old school blood crazy to heal us,but not anymore. sub par damage - no self healing abnd made of paper ,no way could stance dancing even be a thought in todays game. like i said its took us 3 times as long/ 3 times the cost/ and killed our damage just to be able to do a simple disarm that another class can do at a drop of a hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is is right. Stance dancing felt clunky and required a ton of Macros to work. However Dstance as it is now fits into that nostalgica and suits the tactical class Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He is is right. Stance dancing felt clunky and required a ton of Macros to work. However Dstance as it is now fits into that nostalgica and suits the tactical class Fantasy
    MOP dancing was the best it got.

Battle and berserker utilized for maximizing rage based on encounter damage bursts, defensive to mitigate damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post

Battle and berserker utilized for maximizing rage based on encounter damage bursts, defensive to mitigate damage.
    This ^^^

MoP dancing was interactive and useful. Some can argue that it was scumbagging, and maybe it was to an extent with zerker, but it wasn't clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post

Yup, it provided a nice little bonus for who cared enough and paid attention, but wasn't necessary for the avg player. It increased the skill cap of the class by a small amount.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    stance dancing was really awesome for pvping, but pve? i'd argue that it is annoying to some point

So what do you guys feels need to be addressed for 7.1.5 ?

The main focus should be secondary stats balancing. I feel that mastery should be nerffed by x% first and raw damage increased to compensate.

Secondly, battlecry should be changed to "grant 50% crit and 20-30ish % mastery" making crit not so useless and making all the crit we have on legendary / tier pieces + 4part bonus not feel like a burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post

The main focus should be secondary stats balancing. I feel that mastery should be nerffed by x% first and raw damage increased to compensate.

Secondly, battlecry should be changed to "grant 50% crit and 20-30ish % mastery" making crit not so useless and making all the crit we have on legendary / tier pieces + 4part bonus not feel like a burden.
    bc already gives 20% more mastery (=20% more damage w blood) and I for one enjoy a fucking damage cd that does something for fucks sake as opposed to that trash reck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Subjectively speaking allowing the spec to perform more consistently with a smaller delta when you don't have the legendary gloves, while they should provide an increase they shouldn't turn the spec from consistently high into an outlaw rogue just from the lack of them.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Increase ap modifier so strength is more valuable and nerf mastery to compensate.

Crit has its place as a rage generator so it's not a useless stat and with a mastery nerf it's value will rise as a by product.

Focus rage to become baseline, deadly calm to be moved back onto the artifact

The issue with crit is that it's highly devaluated by the increased uptime of BC (2 part) + the trinket that reduce BC duration in nighthold + Anger management. We would at least a lechanic à la fire mage where you gain something for all the extra crit above 100% during bc

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand why it's devalued I'm just stating it's not useless. As it stands there's still 30 seconds between battle cries where crit is pretty handy.