Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont see that many on my server. Other than women and gay guys, not many people play them. I see mostly Orcs and Tauren. Blood Elves really suck because all the gear is too tiny and hard to see. real men wear giant shoulder armor

Horde is not primarily Blood Elves though, so the OP is wrong.

I don't have the statistics, but I can easily imagine Blood Elves having a plurality of Horde players though. But to suggest that there are more Blood Elves than the other races combined? Silly.

Deleted
    12 chars in horde, 2 orcs, one undead, one troll (druid) and the rest are blood elves, and why? because they look better, but mainly because their movement animation is the best of all races in the game, follow close by humans, that is why, i do not care about lore reasons or better racials, all i know is whatever i play with a blood elf, male or female, feels fluid in his/her movement and combat animations.
    Please do not make me say what does the movement animation of for example the gnome looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    12 chars in horde, 2 orcs, one undead, one troll (druid) and the rest are blood elves, and why? because they look better, but mainly because their movement animation is the best of all races in the game, follow close by humans, that is why, i do not care about lore reasons or better racials, all i know is whatever i play with a blood elf, male or female, feels fluid in his/her movement and combat animations.
    Please do not make me say what does the movement animation of for example the gnome looks like.
    I disagree as I find that female pandaren have the best movement/attack animations in the game as they are way more fluid than the other races.

THAT BEING SAID.......I like how my female blood elf warrior attacks look, a lot.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Well, too much BEs is why I left horde years ago. I remember those dungeons, me and 4 male BEs... my god, only memories of that give me a huge wish to puke.

Nowadays, nothing have changed - at least for me. I play Alliance and gank those fuckers wherever I can.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I disagree as I find that female pandaren have the best movement/attack animations in the game as they are way more fluid than the other races
    Never have had a pandaren, so you could be right, but the rest of the races, ally or horde, are worse.
    I also like my female blood elf monk attacks a lot, same with my female blood elf pally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nowadays, nothing have changed - at least for me. I play Alliance and gank those fuckers wherever I can.
    Nah, nothing beats the pleasure of killing a gnome in a BG while you ROFL at his/her movement animation while you kill the little horror XD.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    So what's the issue you're getting at?
    Horde being too teen a concept to have people pick horde characters for non-mechanical reasons?
    Some hordies being butthurt about it? That surely never dies, since I already saw an edgy teen in this thread complaining about straight guys running around in slutmogs.
    It's been some years since the moment belf started dominating Horde population, hasn't it?
    The race was introduced for the very purpose of making Horde a viable choice for people over 11 so all's fine and dandy isn't it?
    what is not fine is blizzard refusing any improvement of other races, the hunchback has gotten old and should be removed
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Never have had a pandaren, so you could be right, but the rest of the races, ally or horde, are worse.
    I also like my female blood elf monk attacks a lot, same with my female blood elf pally.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, nothing beats the pleasure of killing a gnome in a BG while you ROFL at his/her movement animation while you kill the little horror XD.
    Noooooooooo, my alliance DK is a gnome!

Also, fun fact, these threads get a lot of views as those pictures I linked have 2k+ views already. Sheesh!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what is not fine is blizzard refusing any improvement of other races
    Yeah, i do agree a lot with this, and for both factions.
    I would really like to have a hard time deciding which race to play with, because they all look and play amazing.

It's the only horde race where males don't look like huncbacks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feels fabulous, Beats being in the same leagues as gnomes. o/

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Can't wait for them to add the straight back orc option, will hopefully up the amount of orcs tremendously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It's why I stopped maining Horde and play mostly Alliance now (still have 5 Horde alts to play for the lore).
    The Horde just doesn't feel the same when 1 out of 4 characters is a blood elf. Instead of the savage tribalistic faction, it's now just the red faction with pretty boys and girls.

At least in the Alliance, Night Elves fit the theme and aren't as disproportionately numerous as blood elfs (humans are #1 in the Alliance)
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what is not fine is blizzard refusing any improvement of other races, the hunchback has gotten old and should be removed
    Nah, thug life chose him and hump is the proud hallmark of being chosen by thug life. Most of fervent hordies name monstrosity of horde races as a plus, no sense trying to make them prettier. Belves are the pretties, thugs have monsters.

Deleted
    They are - apart from maybe Forsaken - the only Horde race I really like and would consider playing. So I don't mind.

From a lore perspective the worgens being in the alliance makes less sense than belves being in the horde.

The worgens got domesticated by night elves, but that could just as well been tauren druids. Considering that worgens got rejected by the humans initially it makes them very similar to belves and it would also make sense if they had joined the horde as freak rejects.

I second the comments that belves were added to the horde to balance the playerbase. Towards the end of vanilla most of the kids and casuals played alliance and mostly hardcore players went to the "bad guys" camp. Adding belves to horde balanced this out a bit.

Combined with the class alignment the horde got some "teen appeal" and lost some of its massive PvP edge. It also finally added an extra alliance win-condition in AV (apart from "horde getting bored and letting them win"). Noobs on both sides made for more balanced queues and battles... go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, too much BEs is why I left horde years ago. I remember those dungeons, me and 4 male BEs... my god, only memories of that give me a huge wish to puke.

don't cut yourself on that edge buddy

I have a char with every horde race except BElf, and every class except gayladins.

Don't have a DH yet (although I think I may make one eventually)
    Last edited by Panta; 2016-11-08 at 01:10 PM.

how does it feel to know that alliance is 95% humans? (or was at least)

If they are it absolutely doesn't seem like it. I have 12 Horde chars and none are BE. Females are too tiny and Males have just the worst standing pose ever.