What next to farm? - Q

Hi Guys,

Got a question to you as what should be my next priority to farm ( get rng drop ofc ).

Currently I have a 880 angerbora and 840 faulty countermeasure ( got from normal mythic using the coin... ). I also have eye of command 860 but doesnt sim higher than any of the two.
    I have been farming the counter measure on M+ as my armory says now 51 times and saw drops of:
    one 860 faulty countermeasure,
    one 880 with socket ( damn you rouge ! ).
    Question is should I keep farming for higher Ilvl countermeasure? I am kinda sick of this instance right now... or should I start for example going BRH for the relic?
    wow/en/character/blades-edge/Urwena/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urw View Post
    Question is should I keep farming for higher Ilvl countermeasure? I am kinda sick of this instance right now... or should I start for example going BRH for the relic?
    No one can answer you objectively on what you should do. I personally prefer doing what I find fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are joking right?

You telling me that you would prefer Justice Gaze, Prydez, Chain (for ret), or Sephuz? I''d even add Aggramar's to that list but I know that it is popular for some people.

Ignoring Liadrin's and the Cloak, the wrist are easily my 3rd best choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    You are joking right?

You telling me that you would prefer Justice Gaze, Prydez, Chain (for ret), or Sephuz? I''d even add Aggramar's to that list but I know that it is popular for some people.

Ignoring Liadrin's and the Cloak, the wrist are easily my 3rd best choice.
    I think you replied to the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    should be this one...
    "i wanted to rage quit after getting my legendary ret bracer."

Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    No one can answer you objectively on what you should do. I personally prefer doing what I find fun.
    mermer, I play wow for fun, but raiding I take rather serious so I want to maximize my dps. Besides doing 2-3 runs on VoW daily I do other stuff that I like ofc. Just asking what you guys are doing outside raiding ex M+ instance to get that piece of gear.
    I checked on Mr robot and countermeasure goes from 4,4% dmg 840 ilvl to 6,3%dmg at 880 ilvl on my char. 6k dps increase.
    Last edited by urw; 2016-11-08 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urw View Post
    I checked on Mr robot and countermeasure goes from 4,4% dmg 840 ilvl to 6,3%dmg at 880 ilvl on my char. 6k dps increase.
    I am by no means bashing you for wanting to farm a higher ilvl FCM. In fact, I would love to have a player of your mindset in my m+ group.

As for the 1.9% damage increase, I see it this way; some would categorize me as a filthy casual. Say you get the 880 ilvl FCM. Also let's say this week you killed Ursoc in 2m30sec (around the perfect fight duration for rets, right?). OK, due to everyone in your raid getting small upgrades here and there, say you kill Ursoc next week in 2m15sec. Your pure numbers will actually be lower because you had one full usage of crusade + FCM and one lasting only half the duration. I personally wouldn't bother chasing a 2% dps increase unless I was playing in a group where 0,14% increase to raid wide damage was very important (top 100 guild?).

Just my casual 0.2

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    By the Light, how could I derp so hard....

Anyway, back on point, the answer depends on the relics you have. If you have triple avenging wrath relic of decent ilvl, your best bet is working on your Faulty Countrermeasures. Otherwise I would search for VotW/BRH/DHT groups with no particular preference.

But I'd advise you not to get burned out, better to enjoy the game than lose your life on that shitty dungeon.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-11-08 at 02:15 PM.

I was in the same boat as you - must have done 30+ runs of VOTW at mythic+

Finally got it a few nights ago - although only 850.

Personally I'm going to start pushing BRH and Darkheart Thicket for the Wrath of the Ashbringer relics. I'm simming a much higher DPS gain for relic upgrades than adding more ilvls to the trinket.

I already have a holy 855 relic with wrath from WQ poped titanforged ( I actually had it replaced with 870 relic with +5% on storm nythendra) and Fire trinket 865 from Xavius also with wrath then a 880 with sharpened edge, landing in a 895 ilvl wep which isn't bad I think ( so had 899 but meh, Crusade FTW ) . Still thinking about that 3rd relic with wrath from BRH as you said...
    Last edited by urw; 2016-11-08 at 02:58 PM.

are these 2 trinkets you have (angerbora and FQM) a good combo for us rets? I also can only play casual and I am not focusing on raiding right now. too into the story of my beloved Paladin class.
    thanks in advance

Deleted
    Well FCM and Wrath Relics are the only gear pieces that you should farm in non raiding content by now (unless you are pretty much unlucky with everything else and secondary stats look awfull for you.)
    Weekly to do list: Farm AP in the best possible way. Farm FCM and Wrath Relics.

I just realized that i don't have the trinket he has. I thought I did but I have the the spiked counter measure and a nightmare eggshell. I did get lucky this mourning and got my leg cloak from a world quest cache.
    My armory for reference "I'm a casual player"
    /wow/en/character/malygos/Mex/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Well FCM and Wrath Relics are the only gear pieces that you should farm in non raiding content by now (unless you are pretty much unlucky with everything else and secondary stats look awfull for you.)
    Weekly to do list: Farm AP in the best possible way. Farm FCM and Wrath Relics.
    Unless you're able to farm M+10.

Almost all of the true BiS for ret are titanforged pieces from there since EN has incredibly bad secondaries on everything.

been Farming BRH VOTW DHT like a maniac, nothing.. i have Eye of command ilvl 870 and swarmingplague 865 ilvl and nightmare Eggshell 850 ilvl
    i know swarming plague is a cast Trinket but the proc and the sims are higher then nightmare Eggshell

Yesterday was a good day for me. Got a 880 chest upgrade with moar haste and some mastery, +10 ilvl upgrade and finally a countermeasure with 855 ilvl, but only cause the DH traded me as he didn't want it

Quote Originally Posted by Thejedimex View Post
    I just realized that i don't have the trinket he has. I thought I did but I have the the spiked counter measure and a nightmare eggshell. I did get lucky this mourning and got my leg cloak from a world quest cache.
    My armory for reference "I'm a casual player"
    /wow/en/character/malygos/Mex/simple
    These trinkets aren't that good...
    BIS is FCM and a stat trinket from WQ with high ilvl ( str with crit/vers), or the trinket from HOV hunger of the pack (str+crit), or arcano crystal as secondary trinket from world boss.
    Last edited by urw; 2016-11-09 at 09:42 AM.