15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That has been part of the problem with the voter supression laws in some states. Many are requiring drivers licences, knowing that lots of people in cities have only ID cards and don't drive due to public transit.
    Not that many got that either but out of curiosity will a US passport do?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That has been part of the problem with the voter supression laws in some states. Many are requiring drivers licences, knowing that lots of people in cities have only ID cards and don't drive due to public transit.
    Or are poor and do not own cars, so there is no need for a DL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Or are poor and do not own cars, so there is no need for a DL.
    Yea the poor dont need to vote.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When was that exactly?
    Sorry I was only born in 1984.

If I go by the number of placard signs I've seen in people's yards, Johnson is going to win the presidency. The suburb I live in is literally papered with signs... but all for state-level or state senator/representative candidates. The suburb I live in tends to sway slightly more republican, but I've only seen 2 Trump/Pence signs and one Clinton/Kaine. I counted 5 Johnson/Weld signs between my house and polling place this morning.

So, all hail our new Libertarian overlords I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    WTF did I just read?

I knew I should have come into work with a bottle of vodka, this is going to be a long ass day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea the poor dont need to vote.
    Well the poor in rural areas NEED a vehicle, even if it's a beater from 1978, so they need a license. But the rural poor overwhelmingly vote R, while the urban poor vote D, so that's the logic on requiring a Driver's License. It doesn't block R voters as much as it would block D voters.

And of course, these same law makers often include NRA membership cards as valid ID, but won't accept university ID, and just in general look for IDs that Republicans are more likely to have to allow, and IDs that Democrats are more likely to have aren't allowed, despite being perfectly valid.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Workers at stations can't legally wear anything political. The only pathetic I see here is idiots excusing this. I'm sure you'd all be singing a different tune if it was a MAGA shirt.
    You may now kiss the ring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Well the poor in rural areas NEED a vehicle, even if it's a beater from 1978, so they need a license. But the rural poor overwhelmingly vote R, while the urban poor vote D, so that's the logic on requiring a Driver's License. It doesn't block R voters as much as it would block D voters.

And of course, these same law makers often include NRA membership cards as valid ID, but won't accept university ID, and just in general look for IDs that Republicans are more likely to have to allow, and IDs that Democrats are more likely to have aren't allowed, despite being perfectly valid.
    Swallowing the electoral system as a non-American is tough since we use direct democracy but the voter laws are beyond that.
    Defender of the free world and all that yada yada make it hard to swallow the blatant voter suppression. It's like one expect there to be a federal law and a non-partisan(rofl) SCROTUS to smack it down.

Swallowing the electoral system as a non-American is tough since we use direct democracy but the voter laws are beyond that.
    Defender of the free world and all that yada yada make it hard to swallow the blatant voter suppression. It's like one expect there to be a federal law and a non-partisan(rofl) SCROTUS to smack it down.
    Voter suppression is largely a problem in the south in Republican run states. Every time the federal government has stepped in to stop some practices they just come up with new ways to suppress the vote.

Something really needs to be done, but Republicans will probably never allow it because it benefits them.

The one thing that would go a long way towards improving the system which I do not understand why we don't do is break up the electoral votes of each state to be representative. A state has 10 electoral votes and the vote goes 60% Party A and 40% Party B, then Party A should get 6 and Party B get 4. I don't understand the "winner-take-all" mentality and why we can't get away from it.
    Only two states currently do this; Maine and (I believe) Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Workers at stations can't legally wear anything political. The only pathetic I see here is idiots excusing this. I'm sure you'd all be singing a different tune if it was a MAGA shirt.
    Personally I wouldn't care, either way.

Though I'm not sure BLM would count? Or are they officially counted as a political organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post

Though I'm not sure BLM would count? Or are they officially counted as a political organization?
    The law applies to wearing campaign stuff.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_electioneering

Pretty sure BLM does not count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

#NEVERTRUMP
    Grats, by doing so, you ensured that your vote gets disqualified.

+1 Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    And how is BLM political? unless you are saying republicans don't care about black people (or minorities for that matter). BLM isn't a democratic slogan like MAGA is for republicans.

But please, keep being falsely outraged by nothing while your party is actually suppressing and intimidating minority voters.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    As a Swede i'm terrified Hillary will win. She will start a new cold war right in my back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    And how is BLM political? unless you are saying republicans don't care about black people (or minorities for that matter). BLM isn't a democratic slogan like MAGA is for republicans.

But please, keep being falsely outraged by nothing while your party is actually suppressing and intimidating minority voters.
    BLM is affiliated with the Clinton Foundation. You didn't even bother to scroll down in the post you were mocking:

BLM is funded by Center for American Progress which is affiliated with the Clinton campaign through Neera Tanden and was FOUNDED BY JOHN PODESTA

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    As a Swede i'm terrified Hillary will win. She will start a new cold war right in my back yard.
    She's not the one promoting nuclear proliferation, wanting to build up the US nuke stockpile, and has asked why we don't use nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    She's not the one promoting nuclear proliferation, wanting to build up the US nuke stockpile, and has asked why we don't use nukes.
    Nah, she's just the one who is partially responsible for most of the wars in the middle east and the terrible US-Russia relationship.

It's not a Hillary campaign shirt, so your MAGA comparison doesn't make sense.

And I meant the comments buddy, not the post itself.

Shouldn't you call the police to report voter intimidation?
    DISGUSTING!!!!! ONLY 6AM AND ALREADY MAJOR FRAUD!
    GET THIS TO THE TOP
    Who's to say someone in a BLM shirt won't throw out your ballot? This is fucking disgusting.
    Google voter fraud number and report asap!
    GET THIS TO THE TOP THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
    and let me guess, this is your comment?

If you cant where a Trump shirt, why the fuck is he allowed to where a BLM shirt?
    SAD!