Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Of course. Also bad healers, bad dpses and bad trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    There should be a system that forces every warrior, paladin, death knight, demon hunter, monk and Druid into their tank spec if the queue takes longer than 50 seconds for a healer.

The outright disgust when you're stuck as a healer in a group with a DK, DH and Ret pally sitting around waiting for a tank. you could be twice as useful if you change specs you turds.
    then it goes south coz they dont have the artifact for those roles only have the ret/ww artifact on my pala/monk
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2016-11-08 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    How about removing the bag.
    Then they don't queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Trying to pick up a fight with the tank community? Good luck.

Yeah sure, put a protetction, but only if there's one for dps too. I swear those people don't walk around with a interrupt on their bar anymore.
    Try running a +6 teeming with a shaman and 2 mages and going nearly oom every pull having to heal these assclowns because they forgot what polymorph is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    ROFL

Yes, i only see bad tanks. Bad DPS with low - Very low performance and bad healers is not something you see very often?!?! or, is it?
    Hard to tell. A good tank can make a bad healer not even noticable. It's really lame actually that, in heroics and to a lesser extent regular mythics, a healer can basically afk and be awful and the group still won't wipe, if the tank is good. Meanwhile a bad/ignorant to content tank, and especially low dps, stand out like sore thumbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    then it goes south coz the dont have the artifact for those roles only have the ret/ww artifact on my pala/monk
    Why bring you over a Mage or warlock then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If a tank is bad, dies a lot or is simply too slow, the best piece of gear their character has should be forcefully removed and disenchanted. With the mats being given to the best member of the group. This will be done automatically via an ingame system that can easily detect slip ups in a tanks rotation and will time them between pulls.

I mean sure queue times will skyrocket and guilds won't be able to recruit tanks anymore but at least we made them pay for being bad.

Am I right? Of course I'm right.

As a healer I can tell when we have a bad tank or not very very fast. Actually I can 100% of the time spot bad players. There's something about the way they move their characters right away that tells me everything I need.

I actually create my own groups most of the time especially if my main group isn't playing and I can tell you that I'm very serious about the entry requirements into said group. Still, more often than I would like, a few baddies actually manage to slip into my group but they hit a brick wall because I'll kick them the moment I see them move the wrong way.

I'm very serious about my time .

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable.
    The same can be said when I queue for a heroic and see myself do 50% of both dps and healing total as a tank but I don't ask people to be "penalized for not pulling their weight"?

Tbh when my demonhunter alt has 860 ilvl from just world quests, emissary caches and world bosses it's a bit unfair to compare a freshly dinged 810 (or what is minimal level to queue for heroic) with such chars, 810 can never "pull their weight" against semi-competent 850+ (unless the higher ilvl player sucks or afks).

If the 810 is a dps, their dps will be piss poor, everything will die before they do anything. If it's a tank, obviously he can't mass pull 50 mobs because he'll insta die.

The whole system is a stupid design and I don't want to bother with random heroic for that reason the gear levels between players are completely bonkers and we're only into the first tier of expansion, can't imagine at the end when a fresh 810 is matched with some 1000 ilvl guy who one shots everything.

Last time someone wanted to kick a warlock for "dps below the tank" I declined, the warlock had bad gear (freshly dinged), was demo (too slow spec to do good aoe) and I was the DH tank with 860 ilvl and we had another DH dps with higher gear decimating everything. The warlock didn't stand a chance. The kick failed 3 times and then a mage ragequits. Must be him spamming the vote kick. Don't be like this guy and try to police random heroic.

They removed silver proving grounds requirement so you can read it as "if you expect any skill, go do mythic dungeons and then you can pick people you want". Random heroic is now smaller scale lfr.

LFR doesn't matter again, people tank there everything together even on dragons / cenarius because nothing really hurts. You can be stunned on dragons for 20 sec and you still won't die. On lfr it literally doesn't matter what the tank does as long as he actually is hitting the mobs so they don't run off.

P.S. I know Jaylock thread... Weren't you a big fan of no-queue content and now you complain about the queue content, isn't that a bit weird? I personally do very little queue content unless I have a garrison, sorry order hall quest for lfr / dungeon or there is WQ for hefty reward in a dungeon. I don't see a reason to do daily heroic for AP if you can run a m+ with friends and save yourself "random" experiences.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-11-08 at 03:24 PM.

There should be a system that forces every warrior, paladin, death knight, demon hunter, monk and Druid into their tank spec if the queue takes longer than 50 seconds for a healer.

The outright disgust when you're stuck as a healer in a group with a DK, DH and Ret pally sitting around waiting for a tank. you could be twice as useful if you change specs you turds.
    yes, forcing people to do something because you find it useful is always the solution. That idea has NEVER been a bad one in the history of humanity. it's even MORE applicable because you know, this is a video game, which people play for enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Especially in LFD/LFR, should the game have some sort of "bad tank" protection if in fact the tank isn't pulling their weight / wiping the group / failing at pulls etc?

I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable. It really seems like the queue section of the player base has fallen in skill this expansion. Could just be my experience though.

So getting back to penalizing bad tanks, maybe if they solo queued for the bag, they don't get the bag at the end of the run? Or instead of 3 players required to vote kick, only 2 are needed? What suggestions can we make to fix the bad tank situation?
    I've seen you in dungeons playing badly as well should we have protection against you?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So it's not ok to be a bad tank but if you pulled less than 100k dps in LFR that's fine? Sorry but don't act like being bad at dps is an ok thing. It ain't. Nor is being bad at healing.
    I am not justifying bad DPS, FYI I have them 12 classes, I do 3 specs, so I'm not in any side, just neutral. But It's a LOT, (REALLY LOT) more common to see a tank who doesn't perform well being forgiven his faults only because is the tank, than a bad DPS, and there are really lots of bad DPS out there, so imagine.

PD: Not trying to defend bad DPS, simply saying that heals and tanks are in a "special bubble of instant queues and an autoproclamed right to bash DPS even if they are worse".
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2016-11-08 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    As a healer I can tell when we have a bad tank or not very very fast. Actually I can 100% of the time spot bad players. There's something about the way they move their characters right away that tells me everything I need.

I actually create my own groups most of the time especially if my main group isn't playing and I can tell you that I'm very serious about the entry requirements into said group. Still, more often than I would like, a few baddies actually manage to slip into my group but they hit a brick wall because I'll kick them the moment I see them move the wrong way.

I'm very serious about my time .
    This is either finely honed sarcasm or you're opinion of yourself is laughable and you're one of those things that gets people banned for minor flaming. I'm really hoping it's the first.

People very serious about their time don't play WoW.

Deleted
    "bad" tanks lol. Yeah sure. Saying someone is bad can mean a lot of things. Bad position ? Bad CD use ? Bad active mitigation usage ? To slow ? To fast ? Enough damage ? Not using interrupts / CC ?

Can we also get protection against bad dps that dosnt stun and interrupt or move out of aoe, stand behind the target they attacks etc ?

Blizzard tried with proving grounds which didn't fix all problems.
    LFG/ LFR is tuned to "bad players" so why should they get even more punishment ?
    Want to avoid bad players ? Then do stuff with your wow friends and guild members, who you know are decent skilled. Problem solved.
    Don't have online friends or are in a guild ? Well wonder why the rage.. Perhaps the attitude toward others are the problem ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well come on Jay then we should do the same to bad healers and DPS. Eye for an eye and all?
    Maybe there could be some minimum threshold on top of the arbitrary ilvl that says, unless you do say at LEAST 100k dps on the first boss, or if anyone has died due to a healing issue, the penalty is set in place for those classes as well?

Yes, bad tank protection would be nice for healers. If the idiot tank pulls when the healer hasn't had a chance to respecc to healer specc and sit down to drink, teleport the tank to the healers position and make all mobs evade back to their normal position. Ditto for if any dps ninjapulls.
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Trying to pick up a fight with the tank community? Good luck.

Yeah sure, put a protetction, but only if there's one for dps too. I swear those people don't walk around with a interrupt on their bar anymore.
    There would be no "fight" to pick if people who queued for the tank role were actually skilled at that role. Instead we have a situation where shit dps has a tank spec that they have their weapon for, but havent leveled it up at all because they see the tank bag available, and they get shit on because they arent mitigating anything and don't know how to tank.

Deleted
    No.

Mainly because I like to AFK on both tanks in LFR. But mostly I am there. I mean, the healers just need to throw some shit on me and I survive everything.
    I do handle the Volatile Rot on Nythendra properly. :>

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Did it ever occur to you that this is a video game and not everyone enjoys playing every role? I play tank and healer and to be honest with you I cannot begrudge anyone that doesn't enjoy the playstyle. It's honestly not for everyone.

And those of us like me, who decided to give Tanking a serious try? I will of course be slower than a more experienced tank, I will of course make noob mistakes, and the solution is to kick me instead of giving me tips and advices on how to get better? Really?

Eleccybubb's responses are in line with what I think so no need to say it again.

And yes people who want to try tanking probably will get discouraged by threads like these, I mean why even bother if people won't even give you the opportunity to learn and grow into the role? For a very long time I've been posponing trying tanking because of this mentality, but I've recently decided to not care and just try to learn and get good at it, if you think the tank sucks and don't want to help? Get out of the group and go queue again....

Cheers,
    Light