Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    This movie was insanely good. My new favorite hero movie.

The eye, the cloak, damn this movie took me back to my childhood.

An infinity stone inside the eye is not cannon, but I can let that slide since IG is coming.

Just saw it. It was one of the better MCU movies. The 75%+ / 8+ on aggregators are well deserved.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-05 at 04:01 AM.

It was defiantly a good/fun movie.

That said I felt it could have been quite a bit better though.

Like his intro to the ancient one felt rushed, I had no idea why she even choose to shut up his ass in the first place when he was being arrogant. And I felt like they skipped over his training pretty quick with the typical rocky training montage.

However the cloak was awesome, as was Mads however brief. I was really hoping they expanded more on him vs the ancient one. When he yelled "Hypocrite!" when she used dark magic, that was awesome.

And Cumberbatch was great as always. End villain was lame.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-11-04 at 11:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely agree on the villain being underwhelming. Never really felt a sense of urgency or imminent danger throughout most of the movie. It was alright otherwise.

The Thor credits scene was great. Unlimited beer!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's a Marvel villain, what did you expect?
    Eh, that's a bit of a cop-out though. It's true Marvel has a weakness in their villains but that doesn't mean we should just excuse it. Still, it was a very good movie, and the effects were out of this world (literally). Except for that damn car crash in the beginning. That looked more fake than baby Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    The Thor credits scene was great. Unlimited beer!
    I didn't get that part, what was this implying (with what Thor said about Loki and bringing him to earth)?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I didn't get that part, what was this implying (with what Thor said about Loki and bringing him to earth)?
    Strange was talking with "Thor" about finding Odin on Earth, and pointed out how Loki was a threat to Earth. However, given the ending of Thor 2, we can infer that "Thor" was actually Loki, because at the end of Thor 2 Loki fakes his death and secretly overthrows Odin and is currently impersonating him, with Thor unaware. Thor being aware that Odin is missing would be inconsistent with the current status of that plotline, so we can infer the Loki is on Earth to advance his agenda. He may know that Strange or the wizards have an inifinity stone, which may be why Loki is trying to gain access to it (ie, get close to Strange, tour the monastery under the guise of a superhero, snatch the stone).

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Strange was talking with "Thor" about finding Odin on Earth, and pointed out how Loki was a threat to Earth. However, given the ending of Thor 2, we can infer that "Thor" was actually Loki, because at the end of Thor 2 Loki fakes his death and secretly overthrows Odin and is currently impersonating him, with Thor unaware. Thor being aware that Odin is missing would be inconsistent with the current status of that plotline, so we can infer the Loki is on Earth to advance his agenda. He may know that Strange or the wizards have an inifinity stone, which may be why Loki is trying to gain access to it (ie, get close to Strange, tour the monastery under the guise of a superhero, snatch the stone).
    I didn't take that final scene that way.

I took it as to mean that this scene really came during Thor: Ragnarok. At some point Thor finds out about Loki and him impersonating Odin but Loki either not really knowing where Odin is or is pretending with Thor to not know. Either way, I expect to see a small scene with Dr. Strange in Thor: Ragnarok. Something along the lines of what we saw in that clip but expanded.

I just don't feel in that clip Loki was impersonating Thor at that point. Especially given one of the Eye of Agamotto major powers: see through all disguises and illusions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Critics seem to love it.
    Critics seemed to love the new Ghostbusters movie. See how that ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Are you trying to say all women aren't smart and funny?

I give it 2 thumbs up but it could have been better.

Main problem is it just needed to be longer.

More character development for everybody, especially Doctor Strange and the Ancient One. His training should have been MUCH longer. Rachel McAdams part was so small I don't even know why they hired her. The physical from of Dormmamu was too much a departure from canon and a rip off of Ego the living planet.

Main issue is I wanted to see Strange truly develop into the Sorcerer Supreme and I felt he was more like a gifted novice that used a hail mary trick at the end.

I think it was a very good movie but they will need to address the lack of training in a future movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Well, in the case of Dr. Strange...Audiences seem to love it as well

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016/

Critics: 90%
    Audience: 91%

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah unless you guys are downloading/streaming it, or you're in the movie, idk how you're watching it. It isn't out in US yet. Is it out where you guys are?
    Been out in the UK for a while. Most enjoyable MCU film thus far.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

It was an alright movie. Not great, though. Like a 7/10 at most. It was just so... formulaic and derivative. It's almost like it was written by a robot at times; like it was spat out from a conveyour belt. That's even besides stuff like how the underdeveloped love story shouldn't have been in the movie at all, or how the movie's humor was often really badly written and overwrote the more serious elements of the movie in really dissonant ways at times. Like how he just steals books from the library like it's no big deal, and suffers no consequences for doing so, right after the librarian told him he'd kill him if he did that, which completely removed all seriousness from that guy's character and even deflated the seriousness of killing the previous librarian... which, why did they do that again? When you can apparently just port in there and grab books like it's no big deal? Ah, who cares I guess; it was just a joke. Which is my point. Jokes like that undermine other parts of the movie. Like when they make a really big deal about how they definitely shouldn't be messing with the laws of nature, but then when he does the librarian is just like "lol if it works whatevr, idgaf" in a joking way. Really, man? So I guess "if it works" it's alright? You'd think that with an attitude like that, these guys would've recklessly destroyed the world long ago... of course, that was also just a joke; not meant to be taken seriously... it's almost like it was part of a different movie.

Then there was other really dissonant stuff, like how he's able to just casually pick up a completely unguarded infinity stone and fuck around with it. Then after he does so, nobody seems to mind that he just... keeps wearing it? Nobody's like, hey, bro, put that world-ending artifact back where it belongs. Instead they're all like, nah, you continue wearing that shit bro. It isn't yours, and you have no idea what you're doing with it, but whatever; we don't care - you need it to defeat the bad guy in the final act and we just can't be assed to give you a good reason to be carrying it around with you so we're just going to ignore that it makes no sense for you to be doing so.

The whole thing just felt like it was two movies smashed into one. They should either have gone straight into strange being dr strange, giving like a 5 min intro to who he is or whatever. Or they should've dedicated the entire movie to establishing the character. Instead we got this inconsistent, underdeveloped mess where stuff just sort of happens because it needs to happen according to the script; not because it makes sense for it to happen. And everything feels like it takes place over a weekend rather than... however long it was supposed to have taken. Only reference we even get to it having taken more than a few days is strange telling his love interest that he has "sent her emails", of which we seem him writing just one. At least show us him writing like 3-4 emails before he gives up or something, to give a sense of the time passing. But they didn't have time to do that, so I guess they just scrapped it.

Also, Dormammu looked like shit. Also way too much like Thanos, considering I've seen people think they were the same guy. Should've just kept him looking like his traditional self. The way he defeated him was pretty amusing, though. Also refreshing to see a super hero movie end without a city being destroyed... kind of.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-11-09 at 04:00 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

way better than the superman and batman recently released movies

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Also, Dormammu looked like shit. Also way too much like Thanos, considering I've seen people think they were the same guy. Should've just kept him looking like his traditional self. The way he defeated him was pretty amusing, though. Also refreshing to see a super hero movie end without a city being destroyed... kind of.

Everyone died, but then... they didn't.

I wonder if Mordo will appear in the Black Panther movie. Do we know if anyone else from other MCU films will appear in it, or will it all be original characters (original to the Black Panther story)?