Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bloodfang Widow Mount 2,000,000 GOLD Why blizzard?

what made them decide to make this mount cost 2mil gold just why

Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    welcome to months ago...gold sink because warlords. its not complicated as to why. I'm fairly certain Ion even said in a Q&A straight up it was there as a gold sink and that they like to put stuff in that is non essential but for people with lots of gold to spend their money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you played on WoD you easily had 2m to sink into this at the beginning on the xpac

Deleted
    what are you suprised over? i think its nice and alright.

in MoP the cash mount costed what 128k? thats 2 expansions ago. so 2mil is not that much compared to MoP.

the "why" is a question people should ask you on why you don't have any gold?

since legion got out, i've only purchased ingame gametime via gold. I easily create 50k gold with no real efforts weekly just by proffesions. If i tried to get more gold, i would proly easily achieve more.

and you can even turn blood to herbs. just create some damn flasks or pots by dungeon spamming, then even a casual player can create gold.

the price is fair - hopefully blizzard will keep the price high.

It's a thank you to people who thought WoD was actually tolerable enough to stay subbed for.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's a thank you to people who thought WoD was actually tolerable enough to stay subbed for.

or every herbalist in the game at the beginning of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    If you played on WoD you easily had 2m to sink into this at the beginning on the xpac
    Perspective Bias, HELLO!

No, most people have less than 50k. Trust what blizzard says, not what you think.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Game needs goldsink. Needs some massive dumps for people who like to save up or does not know what to spend all their dosh in.

There is simply so much free gold generated out of thin air in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    There have always been gold sinks (aka gold drains) in the game. It is designed to get some money out of the economy and generally helps to keep that virtual economy much more stable.

Deleted
    I didn't have 2 million after WoD, and I ran 11 garrisons constantly with all the high value candy from them, plus two tailors banging out bags. However, I've made almost a million extra gold since Legion started, so I don't think 2 million is such a hard target. Might take a bit longer to get for some, but if you know anything about making gold, you'll get there.

Having said that, I'm aiming for at least twice that before I feel comfortable dropping 2 million on a ground mount which will soon not get used anywhere except battlegrounds again.

Deleted
    another casual mad he cant get anything for zero effort

10/10 generation of gamers, you should try one of those instant gratification mobile games where you can buy anything with real money cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    They made a gold sink of 2 mil gold and then they screwed the economy so bad that the person who bought the mount returned and tripled his gold within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    another casual mad he cant get anything for zero effort

10/10 generation of gamers, you should try one of those instant gratification mobile games where you can buy anything with real money cash.
    I think farming gold is about as casual as it gets.

Did you want the mount to cost 500g? Or is that still too much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I think farming gold is about as casual as it gets.
    How do you define "casual", then? If you spend 24 hours every day, 365 days a year, farming gold, never sleeping or eating, you're still "casual"? I'm guessing you're using the false dichotomy of "casual vs raider", which makes no sense. What if you're just talented as hell, and you do nothing in WoW except turn up 2-3 days a week to a raid, spend a few hours in the raid, and never touch WoW. You do everything amazingly well, but your /played is like 10% of what other people have. That's you being casual, right there. You casually raid. You're amazing at it, but you put no work into it.

Or, you're the world's best PvP player, without having to put time into the game at all. No sweat, no tears. It just comes naturally to you. You've got very little time put in the game, but you're #1 in the world in your class. That makes you casual. You're amazingly good, but you're still casual.

The term "casual" speaks to time and effort. Not what activity you partake in. If you spend an insane amount of time doing something, then you're not doing it "casually".

You can absolutely be a casual PvP player, and top lists, if you're good enough. You can absolutely do world first raids casually, if you're good enough. And, you can absolutely never step foot on rated arenas, rated battlegrounds, or any raids, and be hardcore as hell in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How do you define "casual", then? If you spend 24 hours every day, 365 days a year, farming gold, never sleeping or eating, you're still "casual"? I'm guessing you're using the false dichotomy of "casual vs raider", which makes no sense. What if you're just talented as hell, and you do nothing in WoW except turn up 2-3 days a week to a raid, spend a few hours in the raid, and never touch WoW. You do everything amazingly well, but your /played is like 10% of what other people have. That's you being casual, right there. You casually raid. You're amazing at it, but you put no work into it.

Or, you're the world's best PvP player, without having to put time into the game at all. No sweat, no tears. It just comes naturally to you. You've got very little time put in the game, but you're #1 in the world in your class. That makes you casual. You're amazingly good, but you're still casual.

The term "casual" speaks to time and effort. Not what activity you partake in. If you spend an insane amount of time doing something, then you're not doing it "casually".

You can absolutely be a casual PvP player, and top lists, if you're good enough. You can absolutely do world first raids casually, if you're good enough. And, you can absolutely never step foot on rated arenas, rated battlegrounds, or any raids, and be hardcore as hell in the game.
    World firsts and casual do not go together, sorry dude but pushing 18 hours a day for several days is hardly considered casual.

What makes a gold farmer casual is the fact that they're not spending time doing much content and experiencing the game, they're sitting in an AH buying and reselling or in their garrisons send out guys on missions and just waiting for them to complete.

I guess you can say they are "hardcore gold farmers" but that's hardly considered hardcore in the traditional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    World firsts and casual do not go together, sorry dude but pushing 18 hours a day for several days is hardly considered casual.

What makes a gold farmer casual is the fact that they're not spending time doing much content and experiencing the game, they're sitting in an AH buying and reselling or in their garrisons send out guys on missions and just waiting for them to complete.

I guess you can say they are "hardcore gold farmers" but that's hardly considered hardcore in the traditional sense.
    This is just stupid. All of it. Who fucking cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some players 2M is rather low. Maybe you'll want to learn about gold making strategies to be like those players

"2m isn't that much gold"

god this game is trash now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    They made a gold sink of 2 mil gold and then they screwed the economy so bad that the person who bought the mount returned and tripled his gold within a week.
    please elaborate
    I don't think the economy is screwed since legion