Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Replying "science" is being an asshole? Waw, that's some issues you have there. I'd probably would have laughed at the response. But what can we hope in the age of 0 actual social interaction.
    asking a question and constantly getting an endless stream of "witty" humor is starting to get really fucking annoying.

you can't ask shit in trade anymore for the wise ass piss ants swarming.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-11-09 at 05:03 AM.

I literally just typed science, kicked 1 second after (indicating the vote kick was already set in motion the moment I made my suggestion)
    Those kicks go through in 1 second sometimes, just need enough people (kicker + 2 more?) to hit yes

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sucks to be you. Maybe you should have answered the question instead of acting like you're better than everyone else because you knew something they didn't? You don't see my snarky sarcastic anti-social ass complaining about the anti-social nature of the community.
    This is what I was thinking as well. OP made a suggestion. Tank asks "how", then OP doesn't say and gets snarky/sarcastic then wonders why he was booted.

If you think they already know, why make the suggestion?
    If you think they don't know, that's a good reason to make the suggestion, but why would you then not explain it?

I guess I'm lost on this one.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

the kick was just waiting for your answer, wich you failed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Alot in the 5 man group. -.-

Are you one of those guys we need to talk to like its a child? I must specify everything little thing so his mind can process one grain at a time.

shit happens. tell your story if you must, i know it helps me, and then move on.

Then don't talk...? It's not like you're being forced to get on Mumble or Vent. If you have anxiety with talking to people on a video game via chat, perhaps MMOs are not for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Do you know why you were kicked?

Science~
    HAHAAHAH!

Owned... Btw, 100% True.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

This games community is beyond disgusting, but it's the community ghostcrawler wanted and got. Now that WOW is full of such a disgusting community, the devs have to cater to it.

Thanks ghostcrawler!

Online gamers in general (and WoW players especially) can't stand it when someone else in the room is more knowledgeable than they are. You were perceived as a threat and was dealt with as such.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    To both of you above posters pointing fingers and resorting to victim blaming, I literally just typed science, kicked 1 second after (indicating the vote kick was already set in motion the moment I made my suggestion) whilst typing that if you don't click the orb, the boss won't activate. But thank you for assuming the worst in people, you two are great contributors this Wednesday morning. I wouldn't be questioning my removal if I was being a snarky cunt. (I urge you to read this post carefully with special attention given to the cursive).

But I realize this will now devolve into a "well that's what you claim situation" and the legitimacy of this post has already gone to shit.
    Yeah, these forums are part of that awful community and will treat you worse than an animal as well.

This game, and every community surrounding it, is disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We can't tell since you conveniently don't have timestamps on your chat - but all we see from the screenshot is you being an asshole and a group being triggerhappy with kicks.

If you're going to be an asshole it's probably best you don't speak in group chat, yeah.
    He was an asshole?
    Wow.
    I'm speechless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Replying "science" is being an asshole? Waw, that's some issues you have there. I'd probably would have laughed at the response. But what can we hope in the age of 0 actual social interaction.
    Agreed. No way was he rude, he was...being a human being and communicating.

These replies in this thread just prove everything I'm saying right too, lol.

Sorry OP. You are right, but coming here was a mistake. This games community and outside community have severe issues not being rude and insulting everyone and think everyone is a "moron".

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwalls View Post
    Still a waste of time. Unlikely that matters to someone like you but for others, just maybe.
    Almost as much of a waste as creating a thread on MMO-Champion about it.

If I was the silent 4th or 5th member of that group, I would have kicked you, too. You come across as a complete asshole announcing that you can skip stuff and then just saying "Science" when multiple people ask you "how?"

Excellent story my friend.

Why is every so hostile? YA YOU DESERVE TO BE KICKED FOR SAYING SCIENCE SERVES U RIGHT.Like wtf is wrong with you people.
    Hi Sephurik

Firstly, if you want to say "we can skip these" the next thing you should type is probably HOW you skip it, not a bunch of irritating comments like "not everyone knows this" and "science". If you're not quickly going to say how to skip why bother saying anything in the first place? Sure, someone overreacted and they shouldn't have kicked you, but you did kinda ask for it (plus you're a DPS so if you annoy tanks/healers they will vote kick you).

To throw out some total generalisations/opinions: you spoke with a LFD pug group they way you would speak with a group of your friends. People in LFD aren't your friend, and they don't want to be your friend - they're there to run the dungeon and finish their quest as fast as possible... they just happen to need some other bodies to do it with them. Talking in chat and suggesting things just brings notice to yourself (and not in a good way); it's really just best to keep your head down, your mouth shut and don't make waves. Obviously there are exceptions - if you get a sociable group friend them/try to get them to do more runs with you because it's rare. If you want to chat and joke around with randoms then expect to get kicked occasionally when someone takes offence or decides you're wasting time.

If you want a fun/chatty dungeon grab a couple of guildies or friends and get on voice chat. If you want to skip trash/bosses, go with friends, don't expect pugs to be interested in deviating from the norm/learning anything new.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2016-11-09 at 05:25 AM.

It's something about skipping bosses...

Was once upon a time in Utgarde Pinnacle timewalking as a tank, a dps asked me can we skip Svala, I said yea and continued forward, "you have been removed from the group". No one even bothered to say "but I want to kill that boss, don't skip". Just insta kick. You even get a deserter because you technically didn't kill a boss yet in that instance. Logged an alt and queued for another timewalking while deserter expires, but it's quite bullshit if you ask me.

I hope Blizzard removes all skippable bosses or makes them non-skippable in queueable content, and remove all wall jumps while we're at it. There's always drama about it and very little benefit. Tbh they did fix some stuff like the "skip to last boss Everbloom speedrun" trick making all bosses except spider mandatory. And people still made drama about spider, I don't mind either way but it's sickening if half the group throws a tantrum you don't want to do optional boss and if you agree to do it, the other half of the group starts throwing tantrums you're wasting their precious time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    This games community is beyond disgusting, but it's the community ghostcrawler wanted and got. Now that WOW is full of such a disgusting community, the devs have to cater to it.

Thanks ghostcrawler!
    Community was always bad, even back in late Vanilla Barrens chat was pretty toxic..

Yeah your best bet is to not speak unless spoken to. Pretty much anything can set people off these days and further increasing the risk of losing your spot from speaking isn't worth it. You should also make sure you're running whatever cookie cutter spec is recommended for any given situation and make sure you gear, enchant and gem correctly since people have been kicked for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Utgarde Pinnacle timewalking, number 1 seat on the meter, no prior communication at this point, arriving at the taxidermy boss prior to Skadi.

I make the following suggestion:

Now, this might have been the third time this month I make any sort of suggestion in match making content, and this happens. I have legitimately become afraid to communicate with strangers in this style of group content, extending as far as normal raid grouping. I have been away from the game for 3 years, moved to Asia for work and ended up playing on Oceanic US realms. I'm not sure if it is local wow community culture to be extremely and utterly devoid of any social sense but the level of assholery has risen to unprecedented levels in all of my online gaming experience.

I think you can deduct from chat that the problem does not lie with me, and after three such instances in October/early November alone I have given up hope trying to make a chat, suggestion or even dare press that enter key in any sort of situation out of fear of wasting my precious time. I just can not believe 3 people would click the yes button or the initiator even suggesting I need to be removed for A: talking, B: hinting at a faster way to clear, C: transitioning from auto-pilot to active group participant.

Is this WoW anno 2016? An "isolated" incident in a string of incidents? Or is this region-specific nonsense an do other Oceanic players experience this as well? WoW has always had its fair share of A-holes sure, but never have I experienced the feeling of disconnect with the community as I have during me picking up Legion and the last few months of playing (No I don't need a break, I am enjoying other aspects of the game just fine, but this anxiety is getting to me a bit).
    Can be similar shit on EU realm also, minus the occasions where people don't bother to read at all - or they can barely speak English.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.