Deleted
    You Americans just sentenced a lot of people to death in environmental disasters all around the world, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Well, this is a total disaster.

Republicans control all 3 branches of government so they can:
    1. Repeal Obamacare so that 20M lose insurance, and can go broke or die.
    2. End climate action. Paris Accord is almost certainly dead, and so is the planet.
    3. Implement their $5T of trickle-down tax cuts for the rich, so inequality can skyrocket even further to screw over ordinary people.
    4. Repeal Dodd-Frank so that Wall Street can be deregulated once again.
    5. Create even more voter suppression laws to make it harder for minorities and Democrats to vote.
    6. Wreck the economy with their incompetence and economic-illiteracy.

This is all but assured. The other question is will erratic, ignorant, and trigger-happy Trump cause any war.

The fight back starts now.
    vote suppression? Requiring people to prove US Citizenship to register to vote and then show ID to verify registration at the voting booth is not suppression. That's a logical system that prevents fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Fox hasn't called it yet but AP has Trump as winning PA. It's over.
    If that holds that is the knockout blow.

The firewall collapsed if that is true.

Guess I'm £800 richer. Belief in MAGA already making me richer because I bet on Trump to win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So you don't see the benefit in you existing?
    Pretty much.

I really do understand the justification for not voting or being politically involved, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    No. This is hysteria.

If you actually believe this, you need to wake up. If only because Trump is not appointed until January, and if anything happen to him, you end up with Pence. You don't want Pence.
    We have to wait another 4 years for a second shot at meaningful healthcare and climate action. For the latter, at this point we basically have to rely on 1) industry 2) China and 3) Europe to fix it because this administration sure won't do a damn thing. And I don't know about you, but having an administration that denies the existence of one of the biggest global problems is just very sad.

Not even Reagan was this stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Than they won't win elections, especially if Trump can help the people that got him elected.
    That's all that is left to do now. See how terrible he really is or isn't. (Probably is)

Oh. And collect tears because, seriously Connal. Look at this thread. This is a tiny microcosm of what is happening. No soul searching. No reflection. Straight up rabid attacks and blames.

I truly feel concerned for Trump supporters and their safety for the next few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The Trump campaign has already indicated that Pence would be the one in charge of "domestic and foreign policy" while Trump himself focuses on making American great again, whatever that means. So pretty much we'll get a few partisan hacks on the Supreme Court, and a concerted effort to pretty much undo all of the progress that the country has made in the last 50 years. And you know, THE WAAAAALLLL.......
    Well, I think, there are two sides to it. Pence essentially doing Trump's work is good in the sense that, unlike Trump, he is actually qualified and knowledgeable about presidential work. It is bad in that his policies, like you mentioned, will undo a lot of the progress of the last few decades. I don't know, somehow I still feel that the momentum Obama's administration has created will successfully resist the attempts of these two to time-travel to 60-s. Overall, I don't think great times are ahead, but I also don't think a catastrophe has happened. People have made a stupid choice, but the system will smooth the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Domestically....maybe depending on the senate, internationally he doesn't need anyone's approval for a lot of things.
    Yes, this is actually where I see the real danger from him: him making outrageous speeches in front of other world leaders, alienating many allies and strategic partners. But then, Trump isn't the first one to employ the "big stick" policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It really isnt hysteria. Its all on the table for reps.
    No, it's taking a tree branch, bring it close to your eye and claim it's a tree because it take the same space in your vision.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    No. This is hysteria.

If you actually believe this, you need to wake up. If only because Trump is not appointed until January, and if anything happen to him, you end up with Pence. You don't want Pence.
    This is not hysteria. This is the Trump-GOP agenda, they've been screaming it from the rooftops for 8 years.

They have all 3 branches of government, they can do almost anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I can agree that any change Trump brings won't necessarily be for the better.

If Clinton had gotten elected, I have a pretty good idea what would have changed. Not a damn thing.

With Trump... there will be change, for better or worse, and I honestly believe that's better than maintaining the status quo. Something had to give.
    I guess it'll be like the Bush Administration, only instead of wasting billions on a war that didn't work you'll waste billions on a wall that didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The benefits of that remain to be seen.
    What, you want communism now or what? When democracy doesn't work in your favor?
    Got news for you. Democracy ISN'T SUPPOSED to work in your favor. You probably don't understand how it works. There isn't anything like "your democracy". There's only democracy.

Haahahahahahaha. Hahahaha. oh man. holy shit im laughing so hard. foot in mouth amirite

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The benefits of that remain to be seen.
    Name another country with the influence America has that offered the amount of freedoms and things you seem to hold so dear. I'll be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    vote suppression? Requiring people to prove US Citizenship to register to vote and then show ID to verify registration at the voting booth is not suppression. That's a logical system that prevents fraud.
    The issue was that the IDs required were things like a driver's license which only punishes minorities who have a significantly higher rate of not having to defend against a problem that, like welfare queens, is massively overstated and largely doesn't exist statistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true Clinton's not even going to speak tonight? Heard she's sending out Podesta

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    The suppression comes in making it hard to get a valid ID.

Course that won't be very hard to make constitutional if Ginsburg dies and we get two Trump justices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    But if this happens, it will all somehow be Liberal's fault. What remains to be seen is how much Trump and the GOP can actually work together, or whether they will be at odds and fail to get much done.
    The GOP are for the most part spineless, look how they all stopped short of calling Trump the antichrist in the primaries and then fell in line after words, what ever it takes to to keep their seat has been the normal for a few election cycles now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What, the benefits of getting rid of you?

EVEN WITH TRUMP WINNING, America and other Western democracies are the absolute best places to live FOR ANYONE, including LGBTs and minorities.
    Which really isn't saying that much.

Deleted
    Markets already plummeting everywhere.