10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    American politics rarely focuses on policies, it's more about having a persona people would vote for.
    Thing is I know some of Trump's stances, they are batshit crazy, but I know them, so he got them out there.

Trump - anti-PC, ban Muslims, Make America Great Again, build a wall
    Clinton - did she have any?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    This is exactly my feeling as well. They ignore the anti-establishment feeling and arrogantly put forward a candidate who, fairly or not, is seem as the embodiment of establishment politics, with unfavourables which are unprecedentedly high, in comparison with everyone apart from her opponent. However, because he represented an extreme he was always going to have high unfavourables while electrify certain groups, while a middle of the road candidate should not have high unfavourables!

The establishment has brought this on themselves by making the people pay for the financial crisis and letting the perpetrators off scott free. Now we have Brexit, Trump and right wing populism. Fucking thanks for this self-inflicted wound.
    Sir you speak too much sense. Stop it
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Conservatives exist in Norway? Or Scandinavia? Does not compute. (and that Brehving guy is a nutjob, not a conservative)
    There was (is) a rise of right-wing politics in Europe, mostly based on fear of muslim immigrants and refugees. The government of Norway is currently a coalition of mostly right-wing parties, although the are still fairly moderate/left by American standards.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Well... hopefully congress will be able to keep him in check. Even if he's the president I sincerely doubt he could pass some of his more "interesting" ideas.
    time to go Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Oh, nobody doubts that Trump truly wants to "Make America Great Again". The problem is that he has absofuckinglutely no clue at all how to do that, is utterly unsuited to be in charge of an entire nation, and is quite literally the last person any sane individual should want anywhere NEAR the kind of power that he has just been handed. You just handed a Narcissistic Delusional Megalomaniac with absolutely no political experience whatsoever who practically believes that Politics should be run like a fucking Reality TV show the reigns of one of the most powerful nations on earth......... anybody who thinks that is a good thing is insane....
    Political experience means person is good at lying. Nothing else.

He's a successful businessman that knows how to organize people. He has experienced people near him that will tell him what exactly needs to be done to fix things

Better than career politicians that are only good at exchanging favors and counting votes to become popular, regardless of consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Sure she did.

Something something bag of deplorables fuck trump voters something something

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Conservatives exist in Norway? Or Scandinavia? Does not compute. (and that Brehving guy is a nutjob, not a conservative)
    They do, but they are to the left of US Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    You said people should drop the anti-SJW 'circle jerk', but that anti-SJW sentiment was a significant factor in his victory, it is time to ditch that divisive crap.
    Early on perhaps but if you watch his most recent ads, he barely focuses on being anti-pc or making that point accros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYdFMhEBmk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNvJnCmmJbk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8bguw_RsZc (Only the first two actually focus on what would be considered being anti-pc, the rest are attack against the corrupt system)

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    There was (is) a rise of right-wing politics in Europe, mostly based on fear of muslim immigrants and refugees. The government of Norway is currently a coalition of mostly right-wing parties, although the are still fairly moderate/left by American standards.
    Norway and right-wing in the same sentence? I'm guessing this right wing would be the equivalent of Bernie Sanders if compared to America?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Well... hopefully congress will be able to keep him in check. Even if he's the president I sincerely doubt he could pass some of his more "interesting" ideas.
    All Obama needed was his pen right?

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Because trump didn't declare that any sports stars supporter him right? It's ony celebrities we should ignore and not NFL stars peddled by a candidate crying about such celebrities?
    It certainly wasn't done to the same extent - but yes, they should have been ignored as well since they're equally famous and out of touch.

Deleted
    Thing is I know some of Trump's stances, they are batshit crazy, but I know them, so he got them out there.

Trump - anti-PC, ban Muslims, Make America Great Again, build a wall
    clintons policies were long winded and boring.

how can a minimum wage increase compare to a big beautiful wall and winning bigly?? you gotta have short, catchy taglines that grab their attention.

As much as I disagree with Stephen Colbert when it comes to politics, and as much as I was looking forward to seeing him moan about the election, he made a very, very good video wrapping the season up with some final thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Whelp we were starting to not be completely hated around the world, but here we go! Back to being the international laughing stock.
    Idk about you, but i'd rather have a race war, than a fucking nuclear war. Besides, putin does have FAR better relations with trump, than with hillary, and putin is that type of guy you don't want to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    clintons policies were long winded and boring.

how can a minimum wage increase compare to a big beautiful wall and winning bigly?? you gotta have short, catchy taglines that grab their attention.
    What were her policies?

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I bet you thought you were real smart when you wrote that. Guess what? I'm from a country that doesn't matter. I'm richer than you are. Future is bright for me. How about you?

Since you're on the internet, here's a hint, go check global news sites from Asia and Europe. People all over the world would be laughing at you if the situation wasn't so tragically serious and threatening.
    I can tell. There is a peoples movement going on now in the west and if your countries leaders don't recognise that and try to fight the tide well there not going to be in charge for very long. Have fun being stuck in the past
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    "I don't like Hillary's smug face"

It goes far beyond that, and i am sorry you fail to understand why Clinton is a shitty human being that was the worst possible candidate to keep Trump away from presidency.
    The "Bernie would have won" - argument is based on naive hopes, and he will probably be forgotten along with Jill Stein before long.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately my facebook is becoming littered with LBGT folk worried about suicide among their peers. Some people are scared for their lives, others have posted their tickets out of the country.

All I can do is say what the fuck? They're spreading fear and terror among themselves to the point they want to die? Don't jump into the water before they even talk about tearing down your bridge people.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Dunno, but good news is if you are from New Zealand you should be getting your first American Nuke pretty soon since we will be handing them out like candy.
    Nz used to base a few I think. Then told the US to gtfo with them

Deleted
    the post on 4chan got it right, this whole election has been about Trump, hes caused so much noise the other candidates were just drowned out. He threw so much shit hillarys way, she had to spend all her time arguing her way out of that shit and then trying to throw shit back at Trump, and didn't have a chance to talk about politics or make her self look good. Trump controlled this election from the start by loudmouthing and shit throwing his way to victory.