Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Explain this.
    Trump ran on a platform of thinly veiled racism. His candidacy has been supported by the alt right. The majority of his platform has been either about race or xenophobia. Racists have been pissed about Obama for 8 years.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not when Trump fires him on day one for not doing his job and gives the job to a good hardass like Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
    No worries! Racial profiling should be standard for the FBI! /sarcasm

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This is going to make for a great South Park episode.
    The best part about it, poor Mr.Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    No, Just Americans are.
    No need for this nation bashing.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump ran on a platform of thinly veiled racism. His candidacy has been supported by the alt right. The majority of his platform has been either about race or xenophobia. Racists have been pissed about Obama for 8 years.
    And hes heavily supported be the non-educated. The majority of the country and those who can't see though his lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. No need and apparently it was not the major issue the democrats thought it was. If the people want it to become a law, then they need to petition Congress. Otherwise, it is something not mandatory.
    I mean. He did promise people that he would release them. Not a great start to the Presidency if you're going to break that promise you've made, dozens of times, to the American people.
    Eat yo vegetables

It is really strange to wake up to the news of a Trump victory. I disliked both candidates, but I really do not understand the "against the establisment" rhetoric going around now and earlier. I honestly do not understand how people in lower and middle class expect Trump to bring forth change and trust him to that level. Nevertheless the next year will be really interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    No, Just Americans are.
    Brits did set a precedent back in June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    R.I.P America
    Reading some of the things Trumps planning for his first 100 days is scarey.
    " He proceeded to detail 24-hours designed to erase traces of Barack Obama's presidency and set America on a protectionist, nativist, track. " and he goes on to say he plans to 'Wipe him completly from the history books'
    " he would immediately begin the process of deporting illegal immigrants with criminal records. "
    " And last but not least there is the wall. This would not happen on his first day, he admits, but eventually a Trump administration would push through legislation "build a wall" along the southern border of the United States and make Mexico bear the costs. "

and it gets worse

" Advocating an ultra "America first" view of the world Mr Trump has also threatened to withdraw troops from Europe and Asia if those allies fail to pay more for American protection."
    " He has promised to "bomb the hell" out of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
    " In a deeply disappointing development for environmentalists, Mr Trump plans to cancel billions of dollars in payments to the United Nations climate change programs. "

Americans voted for this guy

Also turns out Candas Immgration website actually crashed from the flood of traffic.
    Like hell we gonna pay 'murica, we are going need the money for our dykes.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The US has a massive nurse shortage...It's only going to get worse too.
    Of course because they won't pay them. It is a job where you are more or less tasked with doing the jobs of doctors under some supervision but you make like 20-30k a year while the guy that comes in and smiles and waves at you for 3 minutes at the end of the visit is making 300-400k. I know so many people that went to nursing school either at the university level or at the technical school level that aren't in the field anymore for that reason alone. In fact, if I walk into a room and ask a group of middle aged to older adults (its normally women because the profession seems to lean in that direction, but men too) who has been a nurse I promise you hands will go up. Those people, the nurses, are swept away in the same money river between the same billion dollar companies like the patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You overestimate how much people care about it.

Vote showed different picture. Hillary was the one out of touch, not Trump. Otherwise outcome would have been different.

I think its circle jerk of political correctness that made you believe that Trump is out of touch. But fact is, most people don't care about political correctness. Its the very very vocal minority that cares.
    You miss my point. What I actually said is that a Billionaire that has never had to do real work a day in his life is more in touch with people than Hillary.

People would feel like they have more in common with Beyonce than Trump, but they still see eye to eye with trump over Hillary. That is some next level of bad. It's like losing an Israeli election to Hitler cause people feel like they agree with Hitler's policies over yours.

It's embarrassing.

As an African American male I am glad the American people overthrew the establishment not with violence. But with Voting. These voters just voted in an outsider into the highest office of our country. Im so glad that they let their voice be heard. Hopefully alot more non establishment candidates will start to get into office so we can change this country for the better.

Obama's opening words in his 2008 victory speech spring to mind.... "If there is any doubt that America is a country where anything is possible.."

Mind is beyond blown by the outcome of this election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Brits did set a precedent back in June.
    Well, brits and 'muricans then.

West Mainland Europa is still save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Not sure what you're driving at here? What I'm saying is America is in a hugely shitty position. We have a president openly in support of deporting (minorities), sexually assaulting (women) and torturing (LGBTQIA) his citizens. Who has openly discussed ignoring election results and now has the power to do that from the white house. The only hope the country has left is that this galvanising democrats into action.
    In the post I quoted you said virtually the same stuff the crazies on the right said about Obama when he got elected, you are no different from them.

Being the left wing version of right wing nutjobs is just a left wing nutjob. Two sides of the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    And hes heavily supported be the non-educated. The majority of the country and those who can't see though his lies.
    This kind of rhetoric is why Hillary lost.

I see you guys haven't learned a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    First of all, the alt-right had little effect on this election.

Second of all, if racists were one of the big 3 reasons Trump won and they were simply mad about Obama, why did it take 2 elections for a Republican to win and why would racists care if the opponent is also white?

Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    This kind of rhetoric is why Hillary lost.

I see you guys haven't learned a thing.
    its part of the reason she lost, its also true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    No need for this nation bashing.
    I don't really see that as a nation bash. The world has considered Americans to be stupid for a long time. Our education rankings support that, worse yet our election results heavily support that.

Really. Take a look. People are pissed off at political gridlock. Gridlock that was created by Republicans choosing to do nothing rather than their jobs. What do Americans do? Reward these same people with the entire government.

Honestly all they have done is restart the cycle. They swept the government. In two years the democrats will gain a little power back...in 4 the democrats will gain more and possibly the white house back pending Trump insanity. And then let the gridlock begin again.