10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    No need for this nation bashing.
    You guys did just vote in Trump, I would expect the same if we voted in Wilders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Americans voted for this guy

Also turns out Candas Immgration website actually crashed from the flood of traffic.
    Why didn't Mexico's immigration website crash? I mean that's much closer to California than Canada? Where 90% of the hits on the website came from.

This election was less about liking trump but more about hating Clinton, the Washington elite and the democratic smugness. You can't disenfranchise half the people in the country, mock them for years and not expect them to bite back when they get the opportunity.

I think the entire country is getting trolled right now...

Clinton had far more money and far more ground game in the whole of the country.

So how did this happen?

There was not much of a well-defined reason to vote for Hillary other than "I'm not him." Add that she had plenty of baggage and was the pick of Wall Street...

*sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    This kind of rhetoric is why Hillary lost.

I see you guys haven't learned a thing.
    Sorry the truth hurts. I'm educated. So there are job opportunities outside of this country for me. I can't say the same for the blue collar workers that voted Trump in. When the shit hits the fan...they have to stay and get hit by it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Actually. I am a moderate voter. What resonated with me is the following.

- The illegality of the server isn't an issue. The fact that she did something that an underling would be fired for is what bugged me.
    - The fact that she acted like she didn't know what "wiped" meant. It means she either was lying, or she is technologically illiterate.
    - The fact that the DNC robbed Bernie the nomination.
    - The fact that she was being fed debate questions.
    - The fact that the entire media machine was in her favor.
    - The fact that the #1 reason anyone had for her to win was because she had a vagina.
    - And the fact that me just saying i wasn't sure which turd was slightly better, Hillary supporters dogged me like I was a moron for not automatically toeing the line.

But hey. What do I know.
    A part of me wonders if Bernie would have actually won or not. I voted Hillary in the primaries thinking I would stick with her until she started spouting about the disproven gender wage gap which is really a soft spot for me. In hindsight, the Bernie supporters were so childish that basically you had to please them or they would have the tantrum they did in fact have that helped Trump win. The problem is that Bernie wasn't robbed, since Hillary won the primaries without even needing super delegates so I don't know why people keep insisting that is the case. So yes, I think if Bernie actually won in some alternate reality, he would have at the very least done better than Hillary not by his own merits, but because of the fact that his voters are children just like the ones rioting right now.

now they got a president that is convinced global warming is a Chinese hoax hahaha^^

just to mention it for those who don`t know. the Chinese are traditionally the country alongside USA, who have opposed global warming with most determination.

this is for economic reasons...not factual. Over 99% of scientists worldwide agree upon the global warming being a fact AND..manmade. a conspiracy with all the worlds scientists pulling in one direction is laughable....... and almost impossible. fox news and others continuing to spew lies to discredit this have little to with democracy and press freedom. but more to do with cynical political and corporation propaganda

Just like for Brexit, if people didn't want Brexit or Trump to succeed they would've paid more attention to the people suffering from globalism. Globalism is what got Trump elected and what caused the Brexit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    And hes heavily supported be the non-educated. The majority of the country and those who can't see though his lies.
    The right has for years said the media is a vast liberal conspiracy all working together to sway the public.

In the process of doing that, they've built their own media conspiracy with Fox, Brietbart, Infowars and email chains. Essentially, they've done what every cult has done, convince people all sources of information are lies, except for theirs. People that voted for Trump actually believe things like, Islam is being taught in public schools, that Hillary wanted to install Sharia Law, Obama is a Kenyian Muslim and Syrain refugees are not only coming here un-vetted, but are ISIS sleeper cells.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Well, brits and 'muricans then.

West Mainland Europa is still save.
    But it does reaffirm the message that we are really living in a post-factual, populist world.

Europe needs just one or two more populist bigots to start yapping for next __exit and it has all gone irreversibly to hell.

Trump removes US involment in the NATO and Europe, and EU weakens itself. Time for Comrade Putin to start his invasion into Baltic to rebuild the USSR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting real tired of people saying that Trump has never said anything against LGBT rights. That's a blatant lie.

Here's a good summary.

Trump also pledged to sign the first amendment religious freedom act, which is a vile piece of legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    A part of me wonders if Bernie would have actually won or not. I voted Hillary in the primaries thinking I would stick with her until she started spouting about the disproven gender wage gap which is really a soft spot for me. In hindsight, the Bernie supporters were so childish that basically you had to please them or they would have the tantrum they did in fact have that helped Trump win. The problem is that Bernie wasn't robbed, since Hillary won the primaries without even needing super delegates so I don't know why people keep insisting that is the case. So yes, I think if Bernie actually won in some alternate reality, he would have at the very least done better than Hillary not by his own merits, but because of the fact that his voters are children just like the ones rioting right now.
    This, I remember being relieved Bernie didn't get the candidacy, I didn't think he had the image. Now, I'm not sure it was the right call, I thought Hilary would walk it.

This kind of rhetoric is why Hillary lost.

I see you guys haven't learned a thing.
    This pretty much, liberals and the left wing in general have pretty much made themselves the ultimate villians in this election. Calling honest, hard working people racist, sexist, uneducated, and a whole lot more simply because they disagree with them politically. It goes beyond that though, getting people fired from their jobs, harassing people, people getting assaulted, and much more. All of that stuff ultimately woke up a sleeping giant. It's going to be a long time before the left comes to terms with the fact that they alienated A LOT of regular folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Just like for Brexit, if people didn't want Brexit or Trump to succeed they would've paid more attention to the people suffering from globalism. Globalism is what got Trump elected and what caused the Brexit.
    I agree with that, but Globalism isn't something that is easily stopped. Over the past 30 years there has been a significant shift of power to corporations and honestly they hold a lot more sway than the governments anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Best part is seeing all you forum posters being called out on your bullshit prediction. Where is all that arrogant cocksure swagger now?
    As a Hurricane fan, I always said I talk more shit after a loss than I do a win... but after the Golden years... fuck I'm exhausted. I figured Trump would win, but this is a spectacular shower of tears. Holy shit it's a great read. For a 50/50 vote split, people sure are bent lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This pretty much, liberals and the left wing in general have pretty much made themselves the ultimate villians in this election. Calling honest, hard working people racist, sexist, uneducated, and a whole lot more simply because they disagree with them politically. It goes beyond that though, getting people fired from their jobs, harassing people, people getting assaulted, and much more. All of that stuff ultimately woke up a sleeping giant. It's going to be a long time before the left comes to terms with the fact that they alienated A LOT of regular folks.
    My uncle said that African Americans aren't humans. That's not racist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    In the post I quoted you said virtually the same stuff the crazies on the right said about Obama when he got elected, you are no different from them.

Being the left wing version of right wing nutjobs is just a left wing nutjob. Two sides of the same coin.
    Except what I'm saying is based on things that Trump has actually said and done. His entire campaign was founded on deporting people. He's been recorded on tape multiple times admitting to assaulting women. His VP is notorious for his support of gay conversion therapy (which make no mistake is literally torture). He's discussed not accepting election results. This is not equivalent to racist right wing conspiracy theories from when Obama got elected. Obama said nothing like what Trump has been saying so any similar accusations from 08 were pure fearmongering.

The only thing crazy here is that a man can do all of those things and become president.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yeah unfortunately. The fact that Trump sucks doesn't mean Elizabeth Warren doesn't also suck.
    She doesn't have a mansion full of closets to pick through like Killary, she'd have been seen as a beacon of light compared to the others. Probably. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Sorry the truth hurts. I'm educated. So there are job opportunities outside of this country for me. I can't say the same for the blue collar workers that voted Trump in. When the shit hits the fan...they have to stay and get hit by it.
    Hurts? No, not at all.

I am just saying that it is stupid to go around shit talking people and expecting them to side with you and vote for your chosen candidate.
    For all this talk about how people are stupid, anyone still doing this failed tactic is an even dumber idiot.

I too am educated. College and all. Scored well on standardized testing all my life. Even have a history in the Talented and Gifted programs and made Deans list in college. I am part of Honors society too thanks to my GPA. So I like to assume I am not stupid.

Yet Hillary supporters are fast to call me an idiot cause I was undecided. Not even pro Trump. I hated both of them and was genuinely gridlocked. Yet you guys are so fast to call me a fool and expect me to side with you? Then you are shocked when some blue states go red and undecided voters sway Trump?

That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    he really should wait till the next election to appoint a judge after all at this point trump is a lame duck, they made held up obama for a year so why not 4 for trump?
    It hasn't even been a year.... It won't even be a year when he's inaugurated....

Honestly though I think that they need to either appoint a moderate to replace Ginsberg when she retires or she needs to stay until a Democrat takes office again.

I 100% believe the SC should be balanced between both sides with a moderate as the 7th. Everyone kept claiming that the one Obama wanted was a moderate and we should be happy, but Scalia wasn't. They are actually down to 2 conservatives and the rest are fairly liberal on the SC. Ginsberg might be close to moderate with some of her more recent statements, but not really sure. Sotomayor is definitely a piece of work that would be considered "liberal" especially since she has ties to an organization that wants to return most of the west coast to Aztec ancestors.