10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But it does reaffirm the message that we are really living in a post-factual, populist world.

Europe needs just one or two more populist bigots to start yapping for next __exit and it has all gone irreversibly to hell.

Trump removes US involment in the NATO and Europe, and EU weakens itself. Time for Comrade Putin to start his invasion into Baltic to rebuild the USSR.
    I can't see my own country falling to it, we just need to build a huge wa... I mean dyke around the country and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You guys did just vote in Trump, I would expect the same if we voted in Wilders.
    Hillary was a known risk, Trump was an unknown risk. Rational thought prevailed for those worried about their own self interests.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    You have to be a horrid horrid candidate to lose this one. Trump did not win this election. Hillary lost. That is what happened.
    False.

You would be correct if it wasn't for the actual numbers.
    The voter turnout was higher than in 2012.
    Clinton had in most cases the same or more votes than Obama 4 years earlier.

At some point the Kool-Aid is used up. Blaming everything on her is getting seriously old.

Fact, the Trump camp appears to have been correct with their claim of the "silent majority".
    While Clinton took the cities in the battleground states, Trump killed her with an unprecedented high count in the rural districts.

No, Clinton is not at fault here.
    If anything, the stupidity ingrained in the common man is at fault.
    A system is at fault that allows for lying deceiving surrogates to hammer their false narrative into the simple citizen day after day after day on any possible mass media, unchecked, just because...

America is at fault. It's love for it's nearly unlimited first amendment with the arrogant belief how America is invincible to words.
    No, it isn't. Words factually matter, because humans respond and react to them.
    And if you really wanna seek the blame, then look at the First Amendment.
    As long as it benefits and enables demagoguery and fascism without any recourse and action. For as long the country will be vulnerable to the Trumps and other narcissists of the world.
    That is the price of freedom.
    How to counter?
    Fix the First Amendment, or fix the level of common knowledge, and education in the population.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    My uncle said that African Americans aren't humans. That's not racist?
    You're uncle is racist. Not sure how that makes me or any other Trump supporter racist.

your uncle must speak for all folks that voted trump!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    She doesn't have a mansion full of closets to pick through like Killary, she'd have been seen as a beacon of light compared to the others. Probably. Maybe.
    If you're a progressive than sure, otherwise no.

She made over $400,000 a year when she was a professor at Harvard and she stills makes a 6 figure salary plus her Husband's nice tenured Harvard salary so she's not doing too bad herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurts? No, not at all.

I am just saying that it is stupid to go around shit talking people and expecting them to side with you and vote for your chosen candidate.
    For all this talk about how people are stupid, anyone still doing this failed tactic is an even dumber idiot.

I too am educated. College and all. Scored well on standardized testing all my life. Even have a history in the Talented and Gifted programs and made Deans list in college. I am part of Honors society too thanks to my GPA. So I like to assume I am not stupid.

Yet Hillary supporters are fast to call me an idiot cause I was undecided. Not even pro Trump. I hated both of them and was genuinely gridlocked. Yet you guys are so fast to call me a fool and expect me to side with you? Then you are shocked when some blue states go red and undecided voters sway Trump?

That's just stupid.
    I didn't call you stupid. I simply said that he was heavily supported by the uneducated which were those that couldn't see through his lies.

It's rather simple to sway the uneducated vote...tell them what they want to hear. They won't actually see if its true or feasible, instead they will eat it up because they feel like its a validation of their views.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Oh look. More of the same.
    I didn't call you stupid. I simply said that he was heavily supported by the uneducated which were those that couldn't see through his lies.

It's rather simple to sway the uneducated vote...tell them what they want to hear. They won't actually see if its true or feasible, instead they will eat it up because they feel like its a validation of their views.
    Stop taking it personally. I wasn't talking about you alone.

And a great way to ensure they don't listen is to shit talk them. Look, I am not even disagreeing with you here. I am just saying that shit talking someone and calling them a moron will not result in them suddenly agreeing with you and taking your side.

Doing so and then being shocked when they go against you is even dumber.
    Last edited by Asiwassaying; 2016-11-09 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    First of all, the alt-right had little effect on this election.

Second of all, if racists were one of the big 3 reasons Trump won and they were simply mad about Obama, why did it take 2 elections for a Republican to win and why would racists care if the opponent is also white?
    First of all, that's a bunch of bullshit. The alt right was HUUUUUUUUUGE in this election. Just do some actual research and see what Breitbart and Infowars has done.

Secondly, the reason it took 2 elections is because Obama was an inspirational figure and Hillary wasn't. The 3 things I said weren't separate from each other, but actually worked in concert.

This election went to Trump because of apathy from moderates. They felt like they were choosing between the lesser of two evils. That wasn't a problem with Obama, the moderates were inspired by him. They came out in bigger numbers than the racists. This didn't happen this time, because Hillary's campaign thought they could rest on Trump being a joke. They didn't inspire the people to come out, until about the 3rd debate. But then the FBI pulled their bullshit.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Electing Trump as your president is like thinking your house can be improved by shitting on the living room floor.

Enjoy your turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This, I remember being relieved Bernie didn't get the candidacy, I didn't think he had the image. Now, I'm not sure it was the right call, I thought Hilary would walk it.
    He could always try again in 2020, I for one support our communist overlords.

(just in jest)

And hes heavily supported be the non-educated. The majority of the country and those who can't see though his lies.
    Actually... MSNBC had polling data last night that showed college educated whites went overwhelmingly for Trump.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    You're uncle is racist. Not sure how that makes me or any other Trump supporter racist.
    I'm not saying all Trump supporters are racist, but based on my point of view from the Trump supporters I know (which given is a small sample size) most are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What's becoming more and more obvious as this shitstorm unfolds:

The people with higher education, the people who get exposed to people of different backgrounds, live in progressed areas and can adapt to a political arena where the means of finding political solutions when facing differing opinions is not to turn isolationist and call everyone idiots, but discussion and compromise.

Artists, actors, online personalities, business owners that operate in and outside the US, politicians that work abroad and with political areas that also meet people outside the "white america", charity workers, and generally moderate people all saw Trump for what he was. A narcissistic bigot, a near fascist scared man who thought the recipe for "saving America" is to shut out people based on presumptive faith and call it prevention of islamic terrorism. A man that bends facts to his liking then denies what he has said on tape from one day to the next. But his supporters lap it all up in rampant apologism and willful ignorance like the sheep they claim the cucks are.

Now, as much as I hate to use this phrase to generalize it... without the isolated, lowly educated rural gun-waving voters, who sees any kind of immigration, secularism and global cooperation as a threat to their way of life, who can be persuaded more easily with lies and demagoguery than facts, Trump would never have had a snowball's chance in Hell. Sorry, just saying it like it is.
    One election night and the US set itself back decades on key issues and progression in this new reality. A VP who think homosexuality can be treated with shock therapy, and a President who can't even fact check "Country" vs "County" before going on a tantrum.

A man who could say just about anything, be it sexist, racist or incredibly bigoted, and his blind supporters dissect it and argue semantics.
    Supporters who, when facing the backlash of statements such as
    They're bringing drugs, crime and are rapists

yells "Not racist! He never said ALL MEXICANS or ALL MUSLIMS!"

America, you've lost. Not only this coming 4 year period but so much more that the ignoramuses in the Trump camp can't even comprehend.
    But alas, people who believed the US would stand strong against someone who has literally zero business in the White House, got lul rekt cuck
    I'm really happy seeing people like you eating themselves alive right now. You kept pushing your degenerate agendas by all means necessary onto working class people and it finally backfired. Enjoy!

The problem is that you couple your Uncle with people that have absolutely nothing to do with your Uncle lol. That's like me saying "all Obama supporters are cop killers" just because some weirdo in Texas that shot a few cops was an Obama voter. It's a bitter pill to swallow but the liberals have been the true villains of this campaign, mainly the younger ones. You know who you are.

America is at fault. It's love for it's nearly unlimited first amendment with the arrogant belief how America is invincible to words.
    As long as it benefits and enables demagoguery and fascism without any recourse and action. For as long the country will be vulnerable to the Trumps and other narcissists of the world.
    How to counter?
    Fix the First Amendment, or fix the level of common knowledge, and education in the population.
    You were right until you got here.

What has Trump said that he should be thrown in jail for? You are the real fascist here if you think speech should be controlled and enforced by law.

People here really want to have Soros ridden dictatorship. Your beloved Clinton is just a puppet of powerful and evil people. Glad she lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Actually... MSNBC had polling data last night that showed college educated whites went overwhelmingly for Trump.
    Which also makes a lot of sense. College educated whites while they don't make up a huge amount of voters are those who stand to benefit the most from Trump. These are the most likely to get into a tax bracket that will be cut by Trump. I fall into this category personally.

False.

You would be correct if it wasn't for the actual numbers.
    The voter turnout was higher than in 2012.
    Clinton had in most cases the same or more votes than Obama 4 years earlier.

At some point the Kool-Aid is used up. Blaming everything on her is getting seriously old.

Fact, the Trump camp appears to have been correct with their claim of the "silent majority".
    While Clinton took the cities in the battleground states, Trump killed her with an unprecedented high count in the rural districts.

A system is at fault that allows for lying deceiving surrogates to hammer their false narrative into the simple citizen day after day after day on any possible mass media, unchecked, just because...

How to counter?
    Only so long folks can stand being insulted by those who claim to know better then them. Keep lording your intellect over those you deem lesser.

Actually. I am a moderate voter. What resonated with me is the following.

- The illegality of the server isn't an issue. The fact that she did something that an underling would be fired for is what bugged me.
    - The fact that she acted like she didn't know what "wiped" meant. It means she either was lying, or she is technologically illiterate.
    - The fact that the DNC robbed Bernie the nomination.
    - The fact that she was being fed debate questions.
    - The fact that the entire media machine was in her favor.
    - The fact that the #1 reason anyone had for her to win was because she had a vagina.
    - And the fact that me just saying i wasn't sure which turd was slightly better, Hillary supporters dogged me like I was a moron for not automatically toeing the line.

But hey. What do I know.
    I 100% agree with this.