Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The fact that someone from Brietbart was on the Trump campaign doesn't mean that Breitbart and Infowars swung the election. "Well, you're wrong". I don't think I am dude.
    WHAT?!?!?!

He's not "from" Briebart, he is Brietbart. He's not "on the campaign", he's the goddamned CEO of the Campaign.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-manager.html

Bannon’s emails to his former Hollywood writing partner Julia Jones show he at least had reason to believe he had Trump’s ear. In emails reviewed by The Daily Beast, Bannon brags about his political influence.

“I'm Trump's campaign manager,” Bannon wrote in an email sent on August 30, 2015 to Jones, who provided the email to The Daily Beast.
    “OMG! Is that confidential or can I tweet it ),” Jones replied later that day. “I am soooo impressed. Really! He couldn't have picked a better person. OMG!”
    “Confidential,” Bannon responded. “Don't u ever read breitbart--its trump central.”
    “Confidential it is,” she wrote. “I thought [Rick] Santorum was your buddy. Isn't Trump a little far left for you?”
    “Santorum, [Ted] Cruz , [Jindal], Dr. [Ben] Carson, Carly [Fiorina] all great,” he wrote back. “Trump is a nationalist who embraces [Sen. Jeff Sessions’s] immigration plan.”
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Smaller states get more EC votes per person than larger states.
    Ah, I see. Intewesting.

Stupid system when you can win popular vote, and lose, but intewesting nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    #boycottchina

A big part of this election was blue collar rural vs technocrats.

I don't blame the blue collar for voting against people who insult them, it is not an unjustified response to have. If technocrats really want to convince certain demographics to change their positions they need to talk them into it, bullying people into something doesn't work when they can overpower you.
    No. Bullying works. See Trump.

No, it's not blue collar rural vs technocrats. The Democrats don't represent the technocrats, it represents progressive policies to help the middle class, tax the rich, and social inclusiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The US people chose the Hitler of our time (minus the sharpness and intellect) as their Supreme Leader.

I've never felt my heart sink as a President has been announced before... Hopefully it'll all turn out to be hyperbole and election noise and Trump will turn out to be alright as President...
    Exaggerate much?

Trump is a moron i could entertain. But Hitler? Ha no. Unless there is a secret camp somewhere where he is gassing and burning large swaths of people, I think you may be slightly high.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    And now the truth surfaces. You liberals are truly the enemy of the free man.
    You're free to have no education, fine by me. See how much I love freedoms?

But that isn't why he won.

Racists are people like the KKK right? Xenophobes are different, if you think Trump won because of xenophobic support that is practically a fact that can't be disputed. The idea that Trump won because people didn't like that Obama was black is really pushing it.
    There is a fine line between the two, lets not missunderstand each other, but basically yes. Xenophobes have a general fear for everything coming from the outside in terms of influences and so on... overly simplified. Racism is much more based on the "race" of men so to speak. Both are horrible mindsets and i think both are absolutely disgraceful for us as a species. But yes. Xenophobes won the election and he definitely is one himself. The racist groups like named Breitbart and the KK and so on are something else... they still played their part in my eyes. A lot of... questionable mindesets let to Trumps election.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Well to the victor go the spoils, tbh it serves the left right when their only argument is "hes racist and you are for supporting him" not once did i hear one of you lefties even attack his policys. You lost here the same way you lost Brexit. People will not even take notice of you once you bashed the racist button over and over again. It did not work, take it as a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So.

Someone that understands the U.S. system needs to explain something to me. What purpose does the electoral college serve? At least originally.

Because Clinton won the popular vote by about 140,000~ votes, and yet lost so bad? Is that really Democracy?
    We're not a democracy. We're a constitutional federal republic.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    The fault lies squarely at the dnc. They could've had Sanders running, but instead colluded with a Wall Street shill. Sanders would have won in a landslide.
    Bullshit.

I supported Sanders but he lost fair and square by millions of votes. It wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!

He's not "from" Briebart, he is Brietbart. He's not "on the campaign", he's the goddamned CEO of the Campaign.
    So? How does that prove that the alt-right played a major role in the election?

Breitbart was a news site that appealed to the alt-right for the simply fact that it was consistently pro-Trump, not an alt-right news source in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The US people chose the Hitler of our time (minus the sharpness and intellect) as their Supreme Leader. He's like a ... Hitler Bieber...
    Do you get like this giant sigh of relief when you post such hyperbolic crap?

Trump is a shitbird, but I swear some of you should apply for reality TV.

Deleted
    All the "outraged celebrities" are tickling me funny bone.
    Tweeting about revolution. Democracy is so unfair I guess?
    Bunch of well to do cunts.

Maybe if the Democrats hadn't put up someone who litteraly reminds me of the antichrist then they wouldn't have lost.
    They could have put up anybody else and they would have smashed Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    As a champion of the privileged, I suppose Trump is closer to Sulla. Though I really think that's giving him too much credit :P
    It is. Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix was a fucking genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    snip
    That's confirmed fake, he never actually said that. Fox News wasn't even big in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Give it time, it wasn't like Hitler had them from the start.
    Hitler was actually well liked at first. So even in that context dude is way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!...
    Really? ... Oh wow. Really. Even i didn't know it went that deep.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    People construe what they want out of what people say.
    I will say there is a strong level in irony considering all of the left's attacks on Donald Trump for words he says the are offensive, but then the left can't come to terms with the fact that people find them offensive as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's not an exaggeration by any stretch. Trump has not just called for the deportation of all illegals (which is in itself a ridiculous claim because there are over 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US and deporting all of them is not feasible, nor would it do the country any good.) he's also called for a "complete shut down of Muslims entering the US."

He's not going to formally legalise sexual assault obviously, but he's admitted on tape to doing it and has been accused multiple times; the man is clearly a sexual predator using his wealth and power to avoid prosecution as so many before him have done. What kind of culture does that create in America?

Pence is a massive proponent of gay conversion therapy. And Pence is going to be given a lot of power. Conversion therapy is perhaps the most barbaric practice that goes on in the modern world (literally electrocuting children) and you guys have just voted in a government in support of it.

I'm not sure how to put it any more simply that a man who has discussed not accepting election results is a threat to democracy. We'll never know what he would have done upon losing this election. But by 2024 at the latest he'll be confronted with being forced out of office. Can you really not see why people are worried?

Everything I'm saying here is literally just repeating the position/actions of trump and his party.
    It is an exaggeration to claim people should be worried about things like future elections.

All you are doing is saying that your paranoid ramblings are legit and their paranoid ramblings weren't legit. Neither are legit, they are just paranoid ramblings.