Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by escott410 View Post
    It only got nerfed by a 2% chance to proc, whereas it never worked before period. I'll take that.
    4% wasn't it? From 10 to 6? With 3 ranks that's from 30% to 18%. Sure the bug fix is nice but couldn't we see how it worked out before they nerfed it?

Quote Originally Posted by juicyz View Post
    Is this spec consider hard to play compared to other healers?
    It's not hard but it has some intricacies. Being aware of serependipity and the CD's of your holy words takes a bit of brain power if you're planning ahead, but overall I'd have to classify it as easy because it doesn't have any positional requirements, has tools for every occasion, and doesn't have any unique mechanics like holy power or that sort of BS to manage. I have a hpala, a resto druid and a priest at 110. I'd say none of them are really that hard.

Disc priest on the other hand is pretty tricky to play well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    4% wasn't it? From 10 to 6? With 3 ranks that's from 30% to 18%.
    The chance was 10%->15%->20% per point in trait. So in the end the nerf was from 20% to 18%.

Seems like they gave us that pom-renew buff without realize the trait wasn't even working and now they just wanna to compensate...a little.

Quote Originally Posted by rosastolemyseat View Post
    I thought that benediction worked a lot better for Guarm. The only time I felt that apotheosis would be really good is during the charge. However, depending on where he started I was running way too much to make use of it.
    You might be right on Bene for Guarm. Like I said, I didn't exactly try to min/max for normal and heroic.

What I did notice was that the ticking damage during charge hurt me a LOT if he had gotten buffed (which would obviously be a no-no for Mythic, but we were carrying guildie friends and whatnot). The pain of the lack of a personal CD struck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    The chance was 10%->15%->20% per point in trait. So in the end the nerf was from 20% to 18%.
    Ah okay yeah. That sounds right. No big deal then!

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    You might be right on Bene for Guarm. Like I said, I didn't exactly try to min/max for normal and heroic.

What I did notice was that the ticking damage during charge hurt me a LOT if he had gotten buffed (which would obviously be a no-no for Mythic, but we were carrying guildie friends and whatnot). The pain of the lack of a personal CD struck again.
    I didn't find Benediction to be particularly useful on any of the fights. My logs got corrupted so I only had Recount to go by, but renew was 6-8% of my healing done rather than the ~12% it is in EN. I think I would have much preferred to have Apotheosis in all three fights, and will in heroic on Thursday.

And you're not kidding about the charge damage. I'm at 871 or 872 and the charge ticks on normal were taking me down to like 6% health. Can't wait to feel the pain Thursday.

What are the best trinkets for Holy Priest? Just leveled mine to 110 and went to Nightmare and got the Vial of Nightmare Fog - I'm getting 5-6% overall healing out of the absorb. That's pretty impressive for a proc trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What are the best trinkets for Holy Priest? Just leveled mine to 110 and went to Nightmare and got the Vial of Nightmare Fog - I'm getting 5-6% overall healing out of the absorb. That's pretty impressive for a proc trinket.
    Seventh Spine from BRH is pretty much BiS at any ilvl with the talent Trail of Light as it puts the buff on 2 people (although keep in mind the same talent can delay the proc as well)

I personally use Nightmare Fog as my second trinket and like it quite a bit. Only thing I could see competing with it would be the int/mastery trinket from Nightbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    I didn't find Benediction to be particularly useful on any of the fights. My logs got corrupted so I only had Recount to go by, but renew was 6-8% of my healing done rather than the ~12% it is in EN. I think I would have much preferred to have Apotheosis in all three fights, and will in heroic on Thursday.

And you're not kidding about the charge damage. I'm at 871 or 872 and the charge ticks on normal were taking me down to like 6% health. Can't wait to feel the pain Thursday.
    It's not that Bene is good/useful, it's just that finding a good place to use apotheosis is quite hard. I found that there are very rare occasions where apotheosis gets more than a 15 second uptime. Those situations are mainly when a healer dies, or someone fucks up the raid cd rotation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Seventh Spine from BRH is pretty much BiS at any ilvl with the talent Trail of Light as it puts the buff on 2 people (although keep in mind the same talent can delay the proc as well)
    I use two throughput trinkets, but i run largely just 5 man content. Dunno what the dealio is for raids, but i run Vial of Nightmare Fog and a Focusing Lens, together they make up about 8-10% of my throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Praytell View Post
    I use two throughput trinkets, but i run largely just 5 man content. Dunno what the dealio is for raids, but i run Vial of Nightmare Fog and a Focusing Lens, together they make up about 8-10% of my throughput.
    In 5mans, mana trinkets suck because mana isn't an issue in 5mans; bosses are only 1-2 minutes and you can just drink in between pulls.

In raids however, mana is the biggest limiting factor of healing, and with all mana-restoring cooldowns removed (shadowfiend, etc), mana trnkets are a godsend.

With Promises and Spine, I almost never run out of mana unless I specifically try to spam as much as possible. Spine returns 300-400k mana depending on the length of the fight. It's to the point where I'm surprised they haven't nerfed it yet.

Deleted
    How much better is Intellect compared to secondary stats? Should i chase secondary or is a +5/10 ilvl with intellect better in most cases?

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what performs better in 5 man content, a Concave Reflecting Lens or a Naglfar Fare?

Both seem pretty good, but im leaning more towards the Lens right now

The Naglfar trinket is pretty strong. 3-4% of overall healing. Lens might be pretty strong in raid environments due to the amount of people you're healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyz View Post
    How much better is Intellect compared to secondary stats? Should i chase secondary or is a +5/10 ilvl with intellect better in most cases?
    I did a calculation, where I used my stats for the following formula: Int*(1+krit)*(1+haste)*(1+mastery)*(1+vers) and then took the derivatives of the different secondary stats to calculate the stat weight. So that is a very basic approach, ignoring pretty much everything (overhealing, 2nd golden trait uptime, ...). After all, stat weights were usually in the order on 0.75 to 0.85, where int was normalized to 1.

Depends on your personal stats of course, but thats somewhat an approximation.

Looks like now the talent benediction is the most popular choice between almost all holy priest in every situation, even without the legendary legs. That's changes a lot of things and players can maximize the renew play stile, with relics (+healing renew) and also makes haste more attractive (even changing flash heal to heal).

Where I can find some stat weights for holy?

I raid with a monk druid and shaman and i cant really beat them , especially the druid pulls some sick hps even when no real damage is coming out , i dont know how he is doing it , is this normall? its not like i dont heal but there is usually not enough damage to heal , they probably have some sick snipe skills or something.

Unless ofc skada is different than recount and counts overhealing as healing.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-11-13 at 09:04 PM.

the druid is probably pre hoting the raid alot, his overhealing is probably just as sick, and if theres nto enough to heal you probably have to many healers for the current difficulty your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnian View Post
    the druid is probably pre hoting the raid alot, his overhealing is probably just as sick, and if theres nto enough to heal you probably have to many healers for the current difficulty your doing.
    can he prehot 20 players?