Thread: Varian

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Varian

So he's coming back as a possessed spirit or as a Death Knight or as a quest giver or as a raid boss, right? This is World of Warcraft so I can't help but feel like this is going to happen. Are there any blue posts confirming he's completely out of the picture? I know they added him to their Heroes game or they're going to in the future but does that really mean anything at all?

No. Varian is dead, Vol'jin is dead, Tirion is dead, Glenn is dead. None of them are coming back. The only death knight that came back this year that I cared about is Jon Snow.

As he was dying Gul'dan overfill his body with fel making it explode, so maybe he was anchored to twisting nether before dying(like Illidan) and his soul will search for suitable body to inhabit...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    No. Varian is dead, Vol'jin is dead, Tirion is dead, Glenn is dead. None of them are coming back. The only death knight that came back this year that I cared about is Jon Snow.

Actually they said on the Blizzcon that they have further plans for Vol'jin.

7+ Year Old Account
    for the god damn last time, WE WILL NOT GET ENCHANTING DUST AS A BOSS!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's true. We don't know what plans though. Could be a caverns of time thing or the trolls using the voodoo to talk to his spirit. Though who knows. I do think they are losing too many lore characters that were in the spotlight.

He seems like a potential garrison minion like Admiral Taylor or maybe he will help Anduin kill KJ like Goku helped Gohan kill Cell.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    As he was dying Gul'dan overfill his body with fel making it explode, so maybe he was anchored to twisting nether before dying(like Illidan) and his soul will search for suitable body to inhabit...

getting killed with fel magic doesn't make you a demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Winter is coming
    the lich-king will rise again
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given he was incinerated to dust by fel magic, he will be put back together with tape as you would a shredded piece of paper.

OR

If you guys look closely at the "Fallen Avatar of Sargeras" and see its face (the picture revealed at BlizzCon)... what does that face resemble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Given he was incinerated to dust by fel magic, he will be put back together with tape as you would a shredded piece of paper.

OR

If you guys look closely at the "Fallen Avatar of Sargeras" and see its face (the picture revealed at BlizzCon)... what does that face resemble?
    looks like a draenei face tbh
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, most likely as a very dead spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Who is Glenn ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Who is Glenn ?
    an asian dude who loves popeyes
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He's dead. Then again they're talking about bringing that fucking troll we had as warchief last expansion back so I don't know anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    an asian dude who loves popeyes
    Keep an eye out for him. He'll find you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

With Vol'jin the implications of a return are different. Varian's arch had ended and his storyline satisfied. Vol'jin on the other hand was completely gutted and cut down like nothing just to stop the Alliance from crying that only they lose a faction leader.

The fact that Vol'jin didn't deserve getting poked by Felguard #2 and dying notwithstanding, he's a Shadow Hunter and his connection with the Spirit world, Voodoo and the Loa are strong, to the point where in the books it seems he's in the good graces of the most important Loa, Bwansamdi.

Like Gara'jal the Spiritbinder in Mists, he might make an appearance as a Ghost, or take his place amongst one of the Loa Gods and guide us into the Zandalar expansion/content patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avatar of Sargeras is a fel-infused titanforged simulacrum of the real deal. It's not a resurrection of Varian. That's all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Our new Warchief is the ghost of Vol'jin who will be inhabiting Sylvanas's body. Does that make him trans?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Who is Glenn ?
    Are you serious.