Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I think people may finally stop harrassing white people, for once.
    Laughed so hard I choked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Problem is the facts don't seem to matter anymore, feels beat reals.
    That's been the case for a LOOOONG time. How do you think Obama got in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like him at all, didn't vote for him but whatever its done. At least I won't have the "blood of millions" like one guy told me when he guessed who I voted for since he believed Russia would invade his country in the election's aftermath. I'm glad I don't have to have that weigh on my conscious, since my state did come pretty close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

I didn't say the GOP isn't, but Trump isn't. The rest of the GOP is though. Nothing will change, since Congress is still inept.
    Trump says he isn't. But watch who he puts in his Cabinet and other high level positions. That'll tell the story better than any 30 sec. soundbite. He's already got Pence, Giuliani and Christie lined up, among other all-stars of the regressive right.

Shit! How did they manage to stay up till it got called, riot and burn stuff and still make it to work on time this morning?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Remember that ACA was modeled after Romneycare. Legit logic bro, and all of that.
    You are 10 posts late to understand the original context. It's not your fault but, this started with the notion that this was all a big compromise of both parties.

Violence in riots is a definite no. Any point people are trying to make goes out the window the moment they resort to intimidation and the destruction of property. Then again this isn't at all surprising - the 'regressive left' as it has come to be known bears many extremist elements that refuse to accept democracy or even work to form some sort of compromise.

They had multiple opportunities to mitigate the situation. They ignored Hillary's dubious scandals, they branded an exceptional amount of people as 'bigots' and 'racists'. It was the same with Brexit and history is repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Doubt it. I think people may finally stop harrassing white people, for once. So no, it's a big win.
    I doubt that. Just look at Daelak's comments, vitriol, hatred, and straight-up racism. There will be people all over who target you and say "you're a white male, you're all the things wrong with this country". Genocidal racists like Lena Dunham will only be emboldened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Oh I know, and it'll be like that in another 4-8 years. People are craving a silver bullet to fix all their problems but seem to not understand that you can't claim you want change while voting in nearly all of the same people into your government every 2-4 years. It takes more than just President to fix America, that was true 8 years ago, 16 years ago and it's true today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sciarc View Post
    Laughed so hard I choked.
    Please don't die, I don't want the first death caused by the elections to be caused by me on a social forum board

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I doubt that. Just look at Daelak's comments, vitriol, hatred, and straight-up racism. There will be people all over who target you and say "you're a white male, you're all the things wrong with this country". Genocidal racists like Lena Dunham will only be emboldened.
    White people fought alongside minorities for so long so everyone would have a fair chance. Today, minorities are fighting against white people out of spite because they didn't help them soon enough. It's saddening.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You are 10 posts late to understand the original context. It's not your fault but, this started with the notion that this was all a big compromise of both parties.
    Yeah I didn't read back that far into this section. But I can't give either party a pass on this health care giveaway to the ins. corps. since they're both responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Violence in riots is a definite no. Any point people are trying to make goes out the window the moment they resort to intimidation and the destruction of property. Then again this isn't at all surprising - the 'regressive left' as it has come to be known bears many extremist elements that refuse to accept democracy or even work to form some sort of compromise.

They had multiple opportunities to mitigate the situation. They ignored Hillary's dubious scandals, they branded an exceptional amount of people as 'bigots' and 'racists'. It was the same with Brexit and history is repeating itself.
    Except the point of : not going to take your shit no more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Except it was Trump who said he'd wait to accept the results, Trump who suggested 2nd Amendment people might need to "do something" if Hillary wins, it's Trump who constantly said he and his supporters would take the country back. To suggest that only one side has been divisive is disingenuous at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    So if america becomes a literal dictatorship people shouldn't rebel? I'm condemning the current riots. People will get hurt, it drags the democract's argument into the dirt and just galvanises more support for trump. But I am very fearful of what the next 4-8 years will bring. You've just elected a man who has openly stated he will ignore election results he doesn't like. What are people to do if Trump does that in 2020 or 2024?
    you suggesting he's gonna pull a hitler and have the house and senate grant him full furher like powers with the army answering only to him?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    which is an absolutely shit point to make on a legally elected President. People need to grow up, even if they hate Trump. Regroup, plan better, and get a better candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Do you not remember the 2008 election? Mcain was a decent candidate but Palin was scary as fuck. Trump is male though so its ok for him to be completely uninformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the army answering only to him?
    That's already the case in the USA. WRT the military, Congress just controls the money and can say "You can't spend any money to do this stuff".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Idiots, doing idiot things, because they're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    which is an absolutely shit point to make on a legally elected President. People need to grow up, even if they hate Trump. Regroup, plan better, and get a better candidate.
    the minority always have to suck it up, that's life, but sometimes, they don't suck it up quietly

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    That's always been a weak counter point on their part, though. If it's 'equality' they seek then they'd be out there pushing for genuine equality and acknowledging that many of the issues they try to paint as only affecting 'minorities' is just as applicable to the 'Straights' and 'Whites' that many of them try to delude themselves into believing are naturally privileged.

They're not. There's an awful lot of discrimination going around in all directions but a lot of people (on both sides) are buying into the ridiculous divisive rhetoric. If and when people start learning how to think critically and consider different perspectives whilst compromising on complicated issues then that is when great change will sweep over America and Europe.

Until then I fear it's just going to be more of the same.