View Poll Results: How long do the Baltics have before Russian intervention?

Voters
135. This poll is closed
  • None. The 1st Tank Army rolls out within days.

5 3.70%
  • A couple months. Russia will wait until Trump is sworn in.

22 16.30%
  • A year or so. Russia will wait for the US to get distracted.

10 7.41%
  • A few years or more. Russia will wait for NATO to break up first.

24 17.78%
  • Forever. Russia is peaceful and wont' threaten them.

74 54.81%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Sorry, bad hombre. You lost. Deal with your own divided and crumbling state of affairs before digging graves for other countries.
    Let me get this right.

You're a fetishist for all things Russian, as part of your bizarre Pan-Slavic nonsense vision (reminder: nobody has slaughtered slavs, like other slavs).

You would, as you have expressed, sell out your country, Bulgaria, to live under Russian thralldom.

And it is the United States digging graves for other countries?

This is a deeply unfortunately election that leads us into dark, dangerous waters. But it also offers the opportunity for the United States to show the world the deeper defenses of liberal democracy. Greatness without challenge is no greatness at all - it's a slogan.

A bet against the US remains rarely a winning bet. Do so at your peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Maybe the baltics should make sure their minorities got their rights instead of escalating the problems?
    You see, they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You see, they do.
    Yes, sure. Denying them citizenship is for sure "taking care of them".

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Yes, sure. Denying them citizenship is for sure "taking care of them".
    Tell me again how they are denied citizenship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We could have elected a stuffed animal. In electing an illiberal orangutan, we did one better.
    Well, some have tried to vote for Harambe. Didn't really change anything.

It certainly DOES rewrite how the US will, in years ahead (including post-Trump) have to fight Russia across the globe.
    as we find ourselves, 25 years later, in a brawl with revanchist-yet-declining Russia.
    The whole point of opposing the SU was because it was communist and trying to spread their ideology. In the 90s they have completely abandoned all of that, so what's the point of continuing to oppose them over every little shit.

Instigating a revolution in Ukraine was what caused the whole shitshow there to begin with. There's really no gain in trying to turn ex-soviet states into western states, they're far too poor to be worth it for the West in the long term.
    You keep talking about how you have to compete with China, but then you waste time and resources on completely irrelevant ex-soviet states, instead of trying to play well with Russia to ensure their support against China.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2016-11-09 at 11:09 PM.

A bet against the US remains rarely a winning bet. Do so at your peril.
    It's astounding how you can continue to regurgitate these talking points that clearly fly in the face of rational thought and reality.

Your predictions failed in Ukraine, The Philippines, Iraq, Lybia, the Iran deal, TPP & TIPP, Crimea and the Election yesterday. Nothing you have to say has value, just empty machismo from a cholito who can't see that he is already on the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Tell me again how they are denied citizenship.
    Latvian non-citizens?

- - - Updated - - -

It's astounding how you can continue to regurgitate these talking points that clearly fly in the face of rational thought and reality.

Your predictions failed in Ukraine, The Philippines, Iraq, Lybia, the Iran deal, TPP & TIPP, Crimea and the Election yesterday. Nothing you have to say has value, just empty machismo from a cholito who can't see that he is already on the ground.
    Too soon, man, too soon. You shouldn't have said that, as he might still consider suicide. You don't want that. Give him a couple of days to recover.

Deleted
    You have to be mentally challenged to actually think that Russia will try to conquer anything. Crimea was about NATO encroaching to Russian borders, not about conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It wasn't nearly as corrupt in the Soviet Union.
    Soviet Union was pretty much an apex of corruption. Corruption in modern Ukraine and Russia combined is nothing, compared to what took place there.

Latvian non-citizens?
    No one is denying them citizenship, they can apply same way everyone else does.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Give him a couple of days to recover.
    No time. On Sunday we are electing a new president. The last Washington doormat was disgraced and forced to not run for a reelection. He was such a shill that Ukrainians chose him for person of the year.

The next president will be a mig fighter pilot who wants closer ties with Russia and an end to sanctions.

I will rub that in his face too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Soviet Union was pretty much an apex of corruption. Corruption in modern Ukraine and Russia combined is nothing, compared to what took place there.

I'm sure that in Nazi Germany everyone could apply for life like everyone else. By being pure Aryan.
    Lmao.

No time. On Sunday we are electing a new president. The last Washington doormat was disgraced and forced to not run for a reelection. He was such a shill that Ukrainians chose him for person of the year.

The next president will be a mig fighter pilot who wants closer ties with Russia and an end to sanctions.

Well, we're pretty much fucked. New "anti-extremist" law is about to get passed. Time to abandon this country and leave it to neo-marxists.

While Latvia is a much better place to stay in for Russians than Russia even without being born with citizenship rights. Latvia is being a bit nasty with how they treat their Russian minority. Which makes up about 1/4 of the country. I can understand the country being sensitive to things Russian but it serves no one by not recognizing Russian as an official language and allowing the Russian minority to get citizenship through birth and by obtaining it in the Russian language.

Hell if anything it would be a propaganda coup for Latvia. Essentially turning around and saying to Russians "Look at your brothers and sisters here. They're living the high life of a free society and are prosperous. Wouldn't you also like this without Putin breathing down your necks?" and also essentially eliminating any rational for Putin going "Russians second class citizens need protecting."

Trump gives Russia a chance to back out of its super-conflict mode, keep the parts the ukraine it controls, and get on good terms with the west again.

I don't think Putin will push the West any more on this. He can safely reverse course without losing face.

Of course all countries around Russia will want improved relations but more invasions will risk international ire. It's probably not worth it to Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that in Nazi Germany everyone could apply for life like everyone else. By being pure Aryan.
    Lmao.
    What a constructive argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    While Latvia is a much better place to stay in for Russians than Russia even without being born with citizenship rights. Latvia is being a bit nasty with how they treat their Russian minority. Which makes up about 1/4 of the country. I can understand the country being sensitive to things Russian but it serves no one by not recognizing Russian as an official language and allowing the Russian minority to get citizenship through birth and by obtaining it in the Russian language.

Hell if anything it would be a propaganda coup for Latvia. Essentially turning around and saying to Russians "Look at your brothers and sisters here. They're living the high life of a free society and are prosperous. Wouldn't you also like this without Putin breathing down your necks?" and also essentially eliminating any rational for Putin going "Russians second class citizens need protecting."
    I personally don't see the point of encouraging Russian language to spread, when it was brought to Latvia by conquerors in the first place. Latvian language is official and good, and if Russian citizens in Latvia couldn't be bothered to learn it and use it in a Latvian-speaking country, then that's their problem. No one expects Latin American immigrants in the US to be able to get away with not speaking English, right?

I agree that there is a certain degree of nationalism in Latvia, but it exists on the social level, not on the governmental level. Again, Russian citizens in Latvia can apply for Latvian citizenship any time, like anyone else can.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

But then without tension the balts can't make up excuses to freeload on us taxpayers, poor balts!

- - - Updated - - -

What a constructive argument.

I personally don't see the point of encouraging Russian language to spread, when it was brought to Latvia by conquerors in the first place. Latvian language is official and good, and if Russian citizens in Latvia couldn't be bothered to learn it and use it in a Latvian-speaking country, then that's their problem. No one expects Latin American immigrants in the US to be able to get away with not speaking English, right?

I agree that there is a certain degree of nationalism in Latvia, but it exists on the social level, not on the governmental level. Again, Russian citizens in Latvia can apply for Latvian citizenship any time, like anyone else can.
    Citizenship applies to newly arrived people not those who were same citizens as balts in the ussr.
    Balts go against international norms but because they target Russians whom are seen as competition with the west, the balts racism is ignored.

10+ Year Old Account

A MiG pilot trained in the Soviet ways.... Well at least he knows how to let his masters control him.

Russia won't be attacking the Baltic States in foreseeable future, and if it ever does, it will be as an attempt to probe NATO's reaction in case of an open war. That probing attempt would obviously end up with Baltics being run over within 3 days, but this isn't something NATO can ever stop, unless it decides to place an unreasonable number of soldiers there. The only thing that changes with Trump is that Europeans will have to start spending more money on their military and stop relying on USA being the big daddy they can always call on if they feel scared of a black Volga. Europe will continue to be a mess internally, but Russia is not a threat to peace here. The Pacific region is going to see struggle in the next few years, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Russia won't be attacking the Baltic States in foreseeable future, and if it ever does, it will be as an attempt to probe NATO's reaction in case of an open war. That probing attempt would obviously end up with Baltics being run over within 3 days, but this isn't something NATO can ever stop, unless it decides to place an unreasonable number of soldiers there. The only thing that changes with Trump is that Europeans will have to start spending more money on their military and stop relying on USA being the big daddy they can always call on if they feel scared of a black Volga. Europe will continue to be a mess internally, but Russia is not a threat to peace here. The Pacific region is going to see struggle in the next few years, though.
    Russia may be able to run them over, but it is not really able to hold them for very long unless the US does not uphold its treaty obligations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Citizenship applies to newly arrived people not those who were same citizens as balts in the ussr.
    Balts go against international norms but because they target Russians whom are seen as competition with the west, the balts racism is ignored.
    No, what you describe was only relevant in 1991. It's been 25 years from then, you can't start issuing citizenships retroactively. In any case, the claim was that people are being denied citizenship - which is false. They can apply for it and get it.

Last movie including repeats? Mad Max 9/10.

Not including repeats? Bachelorette on Netflix with the GF. I know, i know, every guy is suppose to hate RomComs but I find most jokes funny as fuck in them. 7/10.

I feel like most RomComs these days aren't actually RomCom, they're just women's crude comedy with a love story tacked onto it. Calling most RomComs 'RomCom' is like calling Shrek a romance movie.