Thread: Bot ban wave

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Bot ban wave

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752045247

great!

oh wait, its only for 6 months... again.

Meaning we'll have all of these guys back botting again in 6 months.

Fuck sake Blizzard, just perma ban them you actual retards

I'm sure NONE of these folks will bot again in 6 months, or immediately make new accounts and keep botting, since most of their banned accs were throwaways.

IP PERMA BANS PLEASE!

and the flask price goes up! Without botters i could not afford flask and pots. They only have affected me in a good way, don't understand the hate really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

great!

I'm sure NONE of these folks will bot again in 6 months, or immediately make new accounts and keep botting, since most of their banned accs were throwaways.

IP PERMA BANS PLEASE!
    Most of them have multiple accounts in case of bans. They will be back within days.

It's good news. Your right though.. They need to take the same stance they do on Overwatch cheaters.

IP banning wont be worth anything. It does very little to deter, if at the most inconvenience scumbags using these tools.

Until bans are enforced using Hardware ID (The same way these scummy cheat merchants authenticate their crappy customers). Not much will change.

IP bans are not a good solution due to most residential users not having static IPs and those who share public IPs with other users including businesses and schools. Blizzard can however perform hardware ID based bans and is at least rumored what was done with Overwatch bans.

Blizzard is claiming they will not do perma bans anymore for WoW due to their research that suspensions are more effective at stopping the behavior long term rather than a player outright losing their game licence and buying a new one. They did not answer about repeat offences and what players do between those six months. No mentioning of those who run multiple game licences with one for botting and one clean.

Personally a second account flagging for botting should result in a game licence and hardware ID perma ban along with a suspension on all linked accounts and licences.

Its not the people botting for their own personal benefit that you should be concerned about. Their impact is minimal. The people who actually impact the game with bots do so knowing that getting banned is an inevitability. They just purchase new accounts, which they can always make more money on.

15+ Year Old Account
    HOW long does it have to take for blizz to ban/deny their credit/debit cards?
    They WILL just come back with alt accounts and bot and be doing it again in a few days.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

great!
    Great. Wonder how much herb prices will shoot up now. I have a bunch I've been holding on to debating if I want to use it for when I level up my alchemist.

Now can we get a bot wave going in Overwatch too?

Deleted
    They don't do permabans.

10+ Year Old Account
    IP PERMA BANS PLEASE!
    For most people IP bans are easily bypassed. I can change my own IP in less than a minute.

What about MAC / HWID bans you might ask? Well, MAC bans are, in some cases, easier to bypass than IP bans. There are a lot of software titles out there (non-malicious ones even) that can let you easily change your MAC address. The same goes for HWID to a degree. If they ban by the ID of your HDD for instance, that's easily changed. I don't think it's so easy if they do it by processor or mobo.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

They permaban accounts on 3rd time. 2nd time is 18 month ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    and the flask price goes up! Without botters i could not afford flask and pots. They only have affected me in a good way, don't understand the hate really.
    PVP, the complete dominance of all gathering professions, to the point that NOT botting makes you stupid as fuck, kick bots in arena and bgs

the fact that one guy can play for 24 hours a day 7 days a week and get ahead of you in every avenue of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They don't do permabans.
    just for silly shit, like organizing server events and accidently crashing servers

thats the real shit right?

Destroying battlegrounds for 8 years, destroying the economy, thats completely fine. destroying 1500-2400 rated arena, totes fine. give em 3 chances!

fucking X to the D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    For most people IP bans are easily bypassed. I can change my own IP in less than a minute.

What about MAC / HWID bans you might ask? Well, MAC bans are, in some cases, easier to bypass than IP bans. There are a lot of software titles out there (non-malicious ones even) that can let you easily change your MAC address. The same goes for HWID to a degree. If they ban by the ID of your HDD for instance, that's easily changed. I don't think it's so easy if they do it by processor or mobo.
    Honestly i'd just prefer if they hired some goon to go round their house and shank the cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post

You guys seem to believe blizzard WANTS To perma-ban people from their games. They don't. They want to make it look like they're trying, with out losing on that potential money if the people really want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They don't do permabans.
    They use to and then they changed the policy some point during WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They use to and then they changed the policy some point during WoD.
    If that's true that changed after the release of HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by katerra View Post
    If that's true that changed after the release of HFC.
    First big ban wave in WoD happened mid-BRF, that's when they gave their '6 months' speech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Most of them have multiple accounts in case of bans. They will be back within days.
    Don't hype.. people lost faith in that program, just go read that forum as I did, I'd say that bot is done for good, ofcourse there will be people who use bot to gather and farm, but those are not core users, they even called suicide botters because they know what's coming, and their job is to gather as much as possible recources, gold for real life profit before it all goes away. So just by doing little math it only makes sense for them to get back on track asap, but those aren't big numbers.

This definitely has a ripple affect, I see this bot dying, 3 large scale banwaves, and these are not some mad auction pleb reports, this one is real detection of cheating software. They are so done

People get permabanned without a final warning for "harassment" (simply whispering or trying to avoid ignore etc) and people intentionally hacking/cheating don't get permabanned. Hmmm
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Ah, I am banned as well!
    RIP fishing bot :<
    Account Action: Suspended until 2017/05/10

It's the price to pay I guess.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-10 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Ah, I am banned as well!
    RIP fishing bot :<
    Account Action: Suspended until 2017/05/10
    Hah and I remember you chirping in other threads about your bot usage as well. Sweet sweet karma.