10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I ask again, are people seriously still bitter months later that Bernie ran a pretty bad campaign and lost because of it? He had good ideas, but campaigning is not his strong suit.

Please note that any kind of strawmanning or shoving words in my mouth (my mouth is already too full of words you've put there already) will be met with ridicule.
    then maybe you should state it more clearly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Every major growth in minority rights is met with a white backlash in US history.
    They can try to dam the flood but they are only delaying the inevitable. The high tide is coming, and with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm glad your so polite when adding nothing to the conversation.
    I add nothing? Every argument you make is how bad something is for you or how mean people are to you.

I ask again, are people seriously still bitter months later that Bernie ran a pretty bad campaign and lost because of it? He had good ideas, but campaigning is not his strong suit.

Please note that any kind of strawmanning or shoving words in my mouth (my mouth is already too full of words you've put there already) will be met with ridicule.
    The reality with Bernie is that if the Democrats had actually bothered holding a contested primary this year, he would've gotten completely pushed aside. The only reason he gained any traction at all is because they cleared everyone out to make room for Clinton and with Bernie being the only one to oppose her he was naturally going to attract interest just for being some kind of alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's like 1 ridiculously gerrymandered district drawn by Dems. You should see all of the ridiculous districts that Republicans drew in 2010. States with 60% Obama support but 70% of the seats are red, go figure.
    Oregon: 52% Clinton, 41% Trump. 4 Democrat and 1 GOP House member.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    It's just hard for a lot of the white working class to accept that what they believed to be normal was actually just a temporary and unsustainable period of prosperity where every level of government pretty much pulled out all the stops to make sure that they were well taken care of, until it was simply no longer feasible in the face of mounting competition from third world labor. Our global reach and influence is proportionally much less than it was during the post war period, so we couldn't go back to the glory days no matter how hard we tried, if the working class wants to better their lot it's up to them to make it happen now.
    I find it quite funny that what gave the rust belt it's standards of living, eventually ended being the reason why they are ont succeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You got one, good job.

The reality with Bernie is that if the Democrats had actually bothered holding a contested primary this year, he would've gotten completely pushed aside. The only reason he gained any traction at all is because they cleared everyone out to make room for Clinton and with Bernie being the only one to oppose her he was naturally going to attract interest just for being some kind of alternative.
    i still think they would have been better off if they had gave bernie VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I heard that most women voted for trump. Is that true? That'd be a great stat to shove in the face of feminists claiming misogamy.
    A slight majority of WHITE women voted Trump. Less educated ones. Overall women voted distinctly Democrat, as usual.

Women supported Clinton over Trump by 54% to 42%. This is about the same as the Democratic advantage among women in 2012 (55% Obama vs. 44% Romney) and 2008 (56% Obama vs. 43% McCain).

In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980. For example, in 2012, there was hardly any difference between the two groups: College graduates backed Obama over Romney by 50%-48%, and those without a college degree also supported Obama 51%-47%.

Among whites, Trump won an overwhelming share of those without a college degree; and among white college graduates – a group that many identified as key for a potential Clinton victory – Trump outperformed Clinton by a narrow 4-point margin.

Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump, compared with just 28% who supported Clinton, resulting in a 39-point advantage for Trump among this group. In 2012 and 2008, non-college whites also preferred the Republican over the Democratic candidate but by less one-sided margins (61%-36% and 58%-40%, respectively).

Trump won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%. In 2012, Romney won college whites by a somewhat wider margin in 2012 (56%-42%). Trump’s advantage among this group is the same as John McCain’s margin in 2008 (51%-47%).

Due largely to the dramatic movement among whites with no college degree, the gap between college and non-college whites is wider in 2016 than in any past election dating to 1980.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...der-education/

The media isn't kidding about his base being the uneducated. That's the one group he really excited, presumably because he spoke their language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I understand them. It's why I voted for him. Sorry your side lost, deal with it. MAGA!
    i still want an answer on how trickle down will work, and how deregulation will not fuck the poor white people more.
    China is happy with this. The Communist party sees this as a death throe of the US, and then they can take the mantle... and now i get it, they think at least 50 years in advance.
    they say that neoliberalism cant last a thousand years
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-11-10 at 05:28 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how does it feel that clinton lost to trump?
    My biggest concern is his environmental policy is going to be shit, and we're going to spend 2020 or 2024 cleaning up Trump's mess. Other than that, I doubt he can do much damage, but who knows? People claim Bernie would have won easily, but really, would have have? His strongest demographic was disenfranchised millennials, and even with more of those voting, he probably still would have lost looking at exit polling.

are you happy now?
    Not really, but I'm not unhappy either. If Trump succeeds in making America better, I win. If he doesn't, I'm in a secure enough position that I get to gloat to all the dumbasses who believed Trump would deliver a silver bullet unto their problems with vague promises.

this country is going into the shitter headfirst.
    The biggest concern I have again, is environmental policy and foreign policy. Trump is going to be Putin's obedient little puppet, especially with all the loans he has out from Russian banks. As long as Trump doesn't start an international war, we'll be ok, and we can dismantle all of this "clean coal" legislation later.

bernie was the direction america needed. the dems rejected their youth vote. they paid the fucking price.
    Bernie supported Clinton, and urged anyone who believed in him to believe in her. She adopted much of his platform into her own, and much of their policy turned into the exact same thing. But again, millennials were not voting for policy, they were not voting for his position, his ideas, his values. They were voting for Bernie, the man. It's pretty much the epitome of voting off your feels to vote for one person but not the other despite incredibly close policy stances.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    probably but since the dems were so dead set on annointing their queen elect....we got this trainwreck. the youth vote wanted change and clinton was not it. but the dems didn't want to hear that answer so they trucked on even though the primaries were indicitive that it might be a bad idea but who cares what the people want? it's those big corporate donors and baby boomers that mattered.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how does it feel that clinton lost to trump? are you happy now? this country is going into the shitter headfirst. bernie was the direction america needed. the dems rejected their youth vote. they paid the fucking price.
    Are you saying you are against democracy, bread?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I understand them. It's why I voted for him. Sorry your side lost, deal with it. MAGA!
    I don't think you know what my side is. Do you see me crying? My side has won long ago, and some crazy president in some country hardly will change anything. I am in as good a mood as always, going through the Orc campaign in TFT again!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    They avoid it because, as it turns out, you need a bit of an ego to run for president. Sticking the number two in there can cause serious clashes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

Such gerrymandering, so corrupt, wow.

oop...

Some of these districts literally run for hundreds of miles on very thin threads just to link two heavily democrat areas together into a single district.

Case in point:

Includes Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Orlando. All major cities, all in the same district.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, but I'm not unhappy either. If Trump succeeds in making America better, I win. If he doesn't, I'm in a secure enough position that I get to gloat to all the dumbasses who believed Trump would deliver a silver bullet unto their problems with vague promises.
    Want to target this part of the comments since I agree with the rest. Since we know a majority of Trump's supporters seems to be disenfranchised working class white folks what do you think will happen if he fails on his whole jobs spiel and the economists are correct about his tax plan and jobs idea set to end up in the massive negative?

Would you assume those folks who have banged on so long about social programs will change their minds once they need them to survive or do you think they'll continue preaching bootstraps while collecting they welfare they so loathe others having?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You got one, good job.
    Its the one I am familiar with.

10+ Year Old Account
    that probably would have been enough of a compromise between the two but they wouldn't accept even that.

Bernie supported Clinton, and urged anyone who believed in him to believe in her. She adopted much of his platform into her own, and much of their policy turned into the exact same thing. But again, millennials were not voting for policy, they were not voting for his position, his ideas, his values. They were voting for Bernie, the man. It's pretty much the epitome of voting off your feels to vote for one person but not the other despite incredibly close policy stances.
    I guess that's the problem when no one believes you. You can "adopt" all the policy you want, but when there are youtube videos of you running on the exact opposite positions that isn't inspiring.

They should have gone with Warren, and then pushed the feminist angle much harder than they did. Yes, that will turn some people off, but those people weren't gonna be voting Clinton anyway, so why not at least take a single message and push that as strongly as possible?

Problem is, Hillary's ego couldn't bear the thought of being outshined by another woman on her coronation, and so they picked a nobody rather than someone who could've hammered both Trump and Pence hard every step of the way.