Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You had me at corpse explosion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Actually, there is. Maybe not much but in this case, there is a lot more given that the Witch Doctor only has access to zombie dogs. His only other summons are the Gargantuan and the Fetishes, neither of which are "zombies". Also, I should point out, that from the video alone we can see the Necromancer with a fairly sizable amount of skeletons in tow. That's not something you get with the Witch Doctor without very specific skills/items.
    Still. Druid would've been so much better if we have to have something from D2 without even an expansion.
    And I meant this one:
    https://media-diablofans.cursecdn.co...-nov-6-197.jpg

Great buzzwords. Basically the same pet class with different colors and themes. At least the Necro has some control over the skellingtons appereantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I also will buy it, given a reasonable price. If anything, showing that the game can still net some money will maybe make Blizzard to invest some more on it. If anything, Blizzcon confirmed to me that D3 is running on a skeleton crew because since the game isn't a blockbuster like say OW there's no reason to invest a lot on it.

Meanwhile OW gets the entire Arcade and a program to support progaming and esports in a very meaningful way, meaning they're going to put quite a bunch of money on that.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed that - and that sucks. Really. So D3 future is about getting wings/pets in 5 hours every 3 months as i don't care about ladders and at this point i cannot stand the "hassle" of even doing Guardian.
    I'm on the other side of the fence. I won't buy the Necromancer, even if i want Diablo to get more content. I'm extremely annoyed how RoS went and the past months have been incredibly stale. I'm done giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt for Diablo and if i buy the Necromancer it's just abusing my goodwill, because there is no guarantee RoS will get better content or an expansion with that fund.
    Damn, Heroes of the Storm is a better mantained game than Diablo 3 at the moment without having the success of the major Dota games in the market and i'm happy for it.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I'm on the other side of the fence. I won't buy the Necromancer, even if i want Diablo to get more content. I'm extremely annoyed how RoS went and the past months have been incredibly stale. I'm done giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt for Diablo and if i buy the Necromancer it's just abusing my goodwill, because there is no guarantee RoS will get better content or an expansion with that fund.
    Damn, Heroes of the Storm is a better mantained game than Diablo 3 at the moment without having the success of the major Dota games in the market and i'm happy for it.
    Well, i forgot to mention a thing - even not buying the class right off the bat, the pack will have the stuff included even later. Anyone can do new seasons with the standard classes and get the same rewards. So there is actually ZERO reason to throw money at the screen.

Before buying i'll wait for news. If there's nothing, then i won't buy it.

Really, D3 needs freakin content that's not GRs or revisited GRs. We have a story mode dead. We have an adventure mode worth only for a couple of runs due to cubing items and that's it. You do GRs over GRs and frankly it's just depressing how the situation has become.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Dunno if Necromancers will be the most amazing class to ever exist, but I, at least, am excited about it. I might actually start playing Diablo 3 again. Necromancer was my most (and frequently only) played class in Diablo 2. And I loved them primarily because of the pets.

"Witch doctors pretty much do the same thing". Not really. They are the closest alternative, but they are a pale shadow compared to the massive armies necromancers marched around with.

Sure, necromancers might suck, but that won't stop me from playing them.

Don't mind me though, please return to blatant bashing of Diablo 3. And I don't mean this in a bad way; to an extent it deserves it.

We will have to wait and see for that. D2 Necromancer had an army of bones plus Golem. Screenshots from new Necromancer shows 10 ish undead + Blood Golem plus army of the dead summoning 100 but only for a couple of seconds.
    Hopefully that is not all but my WD live has more pets than what we saw (20 fetishes, 3 Gargantua's and 4-5 dogs). I hope I am wrong and they make as many minions as in D2. They said the new Necromancer would not be a copy of the old one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Still. Druid would've been so much better if we have to have something from D2 without even an expansion.
    And I meant this one:
    https://media-diablofans.cursecdn.co...-nov-6-197.jpg

Great buzzwords. Basically the same pet class with different colors and themes. At least the Necro has some control over the skellingtons appereantly.
    I strongly disagree. While I do understand wanting the Druid back, the Witch Doctor (as I have said several times) is an absolutely abysmal replacement for the Necromancer. This is made worse by the fact that they insisted on bringing back the least interesting class to exist: the Barbarian. Besides, it's only fair that with all the melee classes we get another ranged caster. That said, I do find that image quite amusing and it is rather obvious they're grasping at straws to justify his addition but I'm okay with that because now I get the one thing I have wanted since they started revealing information about Diablo 3. Who knows? Between the interest in the class itself and all the "hate" they seem to be getting, there is a chance they may realize that the interest for the game is still there and try to put in some actual effort to give us content worthy of our time and money. I'm kidding, that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would have been more interested to see a druid. As blizzard has stated in the past, Necro overlaps a lot with WD. I see this as a concession to fans in an attempt to breathe life back into an aging game.

But honestly, I don't think D3 was well designed from the start. It's a gambling game, not a dungeon crawler RPG. Most of the critical RPG elements and psychological factors were eschewed in favor of ease of access and addictive gameplay. I was hoping for D4 on this basis - with the idea that maybe, if they try again, they can get it right.

Oh well.
    welcome to the future, where people rather play ease of access games, and time gated games then dificulty and grindy games
    same things happening to wow and look at mobile games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    the Witch Doctor (as I have said several times) is an absolutely abysmal replacement for the Necromancer. This is made worse by the fact that they insisted on bringing back the least interesting class to exist: the Barbarian. Besides, it's only fair that with all the melee classes we get another ranged caster.
    Oh I agree. The WD is a terrible class. The Necro will undoubtadly b better. But it's just that. One simple class with not even 4 sets. (which at this point should be 5+ for all 7-8 classes with a new expansion)

Between the interest in the class itself and all the "hate" they seem to be getting, there is a chance they may realize that the interest for the game is still there and try to put in some actual effort to give us content worthy of our time and money. I'm kidding, that will never happen.
    Yeah. The game is dead. It will try to sell new classes every half-2 years, with major patches every 3-4 seasons...

It's sad really. I was always looking forward to D3 with every new season.

If you really think about it, character packs make sense. With D3 being on consoles, they'd lose out on money if they kept making expansions, because they'd come out with another Ultimate Evil Edition which would contain all the way up to the new expansion. So as I see it, this is a way to where they can either keep life flowing into the game with other free updates, or, for them to breathe life into a new game in the series.

I think this is a good thing, but it ultimately boils down to how they price this pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    I would've loved Necro + Druid for 10€... 1 class is not enough imho. I'm a huge fan of these 2 classes, and I will buy it, just because it will give me another 50-100 hours.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem for me is that there's little else to do with the new class. You have two new zones which you'll likely only visit for bounties after a day and then everything falls back on Rifts. Necromancer will likely feel fine and look great but then you'll be funneled in to specific builds which may or may not appeal to certain players. Hammerdin was mega hyped with the Crusader which I looked forward to the most but quickly fizzled in to nothing more than an 'okay' build in the grand scheme of things so who knows how that'll impact key Necro builds and talents unless they really step up their balance game.

It all feels like the same song and dance regardless of what I play and, with each season, I hit an impenetrable realization of "what's the point?" after a couple or few weeks of play because I feel restricted in my enjoyment and the item hunt is essentially over.

I'll keep an open mind about it and will make my decision based on whether or not they take balance serious for once or if it'll just be another case of musical chairs: builds edition and they don't go full-retard with the pricing. $10? Sure. $15? Maybe. $20 or more? Necro is dead to me and Diablo 3 is nuked off my hard drive.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-09 at 11:05 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

What I don't get is why it will take such a long time to deliver the necro to the game. I've seen people playing demos already, the basic model is done, quite a few spells are ready. Will it really take them almost an entire year to polish this? Isi t some kind of business thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The dibbelz team is a lot smaller than it used to be. I think that's part of the driving force behind doing a dlc style pack for a class rather than a full blown expansion.
    That is still no excuse for the lack of end game content. Death of AH, achievement sets on start of seasons, rerolling insta legendaries, fishing for ancient items using th ecube and infinite paragon levels are all a crucial problems. The season ladders are unreachable during the start because of all the people, like streamers, who play the game at a much higher level. Then when they finaly stop and give you a shot at top 100 at least the bots take over due to them farming 24/7 and just get stupid amounts of paragon points more.

I used to play this game for character progression. Farming items, finding upgrades, selling things to buy better things. Today all that is gone. Hit level 70, get a free set, farm for another 10 hours to get missing pieces and then fish for ancients. I feel ancients are just boring and there is no other end game than GR. Game needs a real purpose again and more end game diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    What I don't get is why it will take such a long time to deliver the necro to the game. I've seen people playing demos already, the basic model is done, quite a few spells are ready. Will it really take them almost an entire year to polish this? Isi t some kind of business thing?
    A lot of time has to be put into balance and design, making sure the Necro's kit is fun and more importantly that all the skills are there for good potential builds. There's not just one or two ways to play the character. Then there's all the art that has to go into it, making sure each and every visual armor piece works with the Necro's animations. It's not as easy as slapping a deformer on it and calling it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget they're also putting in 3(?) sets for the necro. So they need to check that Necro is fun and worth playing, with maybe 2/3 interesting builds, while using random gear...

Then they need to make sure that the sets are balanced and that they all promote interesting game play and builds, without being too overpowered.

Also, I have the distinct impressiont that they've already moved on to the next character pack, which will hopefully come out fairly soon after Necro. Assuming that the Necro pack doesn't bomb too hard.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Necromancer looks terrible. It's NOTHING like how the D2 felt at all. This reminds me of some watered down hero being played in Heroes of the Storm, not the Necromancer we loved from D2.

I can already tell that they really dropped the ball here. There was so much potential, but no.. They could've made this awesome class with ton of pets and curses for support/damage.

A full blown, bonafide summoner class where I can run around commanding legions of undead to do my bidding? This definitely going to bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    A full blown, bonafide summoner class where I can run around commanding legions of undead to do my bidding? This definitely going to bring me back.
    Problem is it's not coming til second half of 2017
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Assuming you can actually do that. In D2 you had 30+ skeletons, along with the merc, your golem, the revives, whatever that flying aura wisp thing was called that druids had, etc., then you just wandered around spamming curses and bone walls and teleporting into stuff to stack your army on top of it, etc., generally just enabling your army to fight, not fighting yourself. You even cared about your summons; finding enough corpses to summon all that shit wasn't a trivial affair, you wanted to keep your temp. skill-buffed summons alive as long as possible, you had to make sure you had the right skeletons, you treasured the right revive targets, etc. Probably the coolest ARPG class ever made, at least for the ones with such limited movement systems. An extremely rare archetype as well, at least to see well-executed.

In D3... I expect the "summons" will just be generic moving dots that you conjure out of nowhere without needing to find corpses and that don't even snapshot because snapshotting is unintuitive or whatever. Probably can't have a lot of them either. And you probably have to do a ton of fighting yourself as well, instead of leaving it all to your army.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."