Just Downloaded ... Not Good

I have a level 56 (11 characters in total) and played a lot for a while .. Reason I stopped is still live:

Poor game performance and responsiveness

I play WoW and do lots of PvP and have ZERO issues playing WoW at high graphic settings with a stable and high fps .. My rig is for gaming and my net is also dedicated and solid ..

Just finished downloading the update and went in .. Felt really sad the same issues still exist .. Character seem a fraction of a second slower than WoW, can't turn on a dime and I can't to hit my desired stop movement location inside PvP .. Choppy (lowered graphic still choppy) and just feels sluggish ..

Too bad BioWare you have such a great opportunity but refuse to deliver on the most basic of game feature: Engine Performance

Suggestion: Get a game engine that would allow for Ilum 40v40 or 100v100 back and we MIGHT have something to talk about ..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really experience any of those anymore. Also have a few year old Rig now that still runs it with good FPS in 99% of situations. try installing it on an SSD works great.

Maybe check your drivers. You could have even had a bad install of a new driver if you didn't do it right.

I can't say I currently have any of the problems you mentioned. I used to a long time ago but nothing like that in the past year or more.

7+ Year Old Account
    The question is.. is this more of a gameplay related problem or a technical one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    The question is.. is this more of a gameplay related problem or a technical one?
    Seems more like a technical one to me.

I know to many that currently play wow and SWTOR. Those just don't seem to be issues they have.

one of our most recent things was in PVP. A commando on our team was running. Jumped up and did a 180. Hit propulsion round for a huge burst of speed backwards, then jumped and did another 180 and just kept running in a straight line the entire time. It's was cool to see him pull it off so smoothly.

Thats not to say the SWTOR engine is amazing because it's not, especially when it comes to large scale groups but as far as the porblems the OP mentioned, from what I know and the groups I play with, it just doesn't currently sound like a game problem.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-11-10 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    I'll go with technical too.

I play both SWTOR and WoW and don't have those issues. For reference last time I upgraded was before WoD and WoW at 7-8/10 graphics gives me rock solid FPS regardless of activity/number of people. My net is nothing special.

Or it could be personal preference, WoW is definitely more twitchy than SWTOR, that might be why Cempa feels the game is sluggish and unresponsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    I'll go with technical too.

I play both SWTOR and WoW and don't have those issues. For reference last time I upgraded was before WoD and WoW at 7-8/10 graphics gives me rock solid FPS regardless of activity/number of people. My net is nothing special.

Or it could be personal preference, WoW is definitely more twitchy than SWTOR, that might be why Cempa feels the game is sluggish and unresponsive.
    So its by design then as I definitely prefer how my characters responds in WoW .. Any way to adjust ToR?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So its by design then as I definitely prefer how my characters responds in WoW .. Any way to adjust ToR?
    For a far off guess at what might help you.

For what you're asking maybe set your mouse speed higher. If you have one that has a DPI setting crank that up. Might give you a more twitchy feel with faster tracking but as I said. Thats a massive guess given what you seem to be requesting.

No, it's the SWTOR Hero engine. It sucks. Nothing compares to WoW in that regard. WoW is the Quake 3 of MMORPG engines.