Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm quite happily doing lfr every week tbh. Some weeks are so busy it is all I have time for. Id much rather spend those weekly 2 hours on LFR + other stuff than drag my dps warrior ass without Curve through the group finder tool. At least them I'm sure I'll get something done, rather than getting kicked or my entire group leaving once it is discovered I don't have curve yet. I guess It might get better once I bridge the last 2 ilevels needed for 870.

I run it in hope of finaly getting a usable legendary.

You can get both legendaries and 895 titanforged gear in LFR so it's really worthwhile for everyone to do. It's still lacking the fun factor though but for getting AP and gear it does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Go give your grandmother a copy of Skyrim and see if she finishes the story.

LFR is grandma mode. Grandma doesn't normally get to see all of these things because grandma can't finish the game. The game has no exclusivity locked behind skill anymore, though I hope that changes when the solo skill based weapon appearances come out.

LFR can be pretty bad for the game since it offers the easiest possible way to see all of the content and, as such, will cause some players to think they've experienced everything so stepping into a harder version of the same thing is completely unnecessary.
    LFR got made because people weren't stepping into any form of raiding.

Blizzard had two options: Make lots of non-raiding content and stop focusing on raiding, or make raiding queuable. They think raiding is very important, and they themselves love raiding, so they went with the latter.

TBH, I don't even care about the difficulty. I imagine a lot of people don't. If I could queue for higher difficulties, I would do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    LFR got made because people weren't stepping into any form of raiding.

Blizzard had two options: Make lots of non-raiding content and stop focusing on raiding, or make raiding queuable. They think raiding is very important, and they themselves love raiding, so they went with the latter.

TBH, I don't even care about the difficulty. I imagine a lot of people don't. If I could queue for higher difficulties, I would do them.

I think you pretty much nailed it there.

As for myself, LFR and LFD will be awesome tools to get the story from when I eventually return to the game. I am not really interested in a dungeon grind for gear and the newer modes (LFR in particular) will be an awesome place to take part in the story content of the expansion with minimal effort. Then I can go back to doing stuff I'd rather be doing.

I am looking forward to it.

I use LFR to get my free mythic raid item and most importantly, I've looted 2 Legendary items from LFR so I tend to clear it even when I don't have a raid quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual intention was for time-poor players to still see the story. That's a noble goal, and I support it fully.

It has been hijacked by neckbeards who can't interact with people and then proceed to get mad that they don't get Mythic rewards from something not designed for them.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    its easy to get in and no hassle need to link achievements or item levels to anyone
    Basically this.
    No player-dictated entry requirements.
    Players are the reason why group finder is not replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    The actual intention was for time-poor players to still see the story. That's a noble goal, and I support it fully.

It has been hijacked by neckbeards who can't interact with people and then proceed to get mad that they don't get Mythic rewards from something not designed for them.
    Ignorant to assume that applies to all.
    It applies to some you have encountered there, and isn't an attitude unique to LFR.

If you want people to move up into organised content, then actually given them reason to, and the option to.
    Offer a less hostile atmosphere.
    Understand that for some people real life is hugely inconvenient.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-11 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Go give your grandmother a copy of Skyrim and see if she finishes the story.

LFR is grandma mode. Grandma doesn't normally get to see all of these things because grandma can't finish the game. The game has no exclusivity locked behind skill anymore, though I hope that changes when the solo skill based weapon appearances come out.

LFR can be pretty bad for the game since it offers the easiest possible way to see all of the content and, as such, will cause some players to think they've experienced everything so stepping into a harder version of the same thing is completely unnecessary.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jgwdkxzg78

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Ignorant to assume that applies to all.
    It applies to some you have encountered there, and isn't an attitude unique to LFR.

If you want people to move up into organised content, then actually given them reason to.
    Islam has inarguably been hijacked by extremists, and yet I have the mental faculties to recognise that not all Muslims are extremists.

In the same vein, I know that a lot of LFR players aren't entitled brats, but I also know that the vocal minority has still hijacked LFR to try and justify higher rewards for people that simply don't need it.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who refuse to do any social interaction with the other players of the Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Star View Post
    For people who are unable to complete current content on the easiest difficulty provided, it gives them a step down so they at least see the zones and bosses and get to press some buttons for a sense of satisfaction that they do not deserve.
    "Deserve" is a very subjective thing isn't it? I'd argue that more serious raiders don't "deserve" to have the cost of developing their raids cross-subsidized by the subscription fees of players locked out of that content due to family, work or life circumstances.

LFR fixes that problem.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    If you want people to move up into organised content, then actually given them reason to.
    I think they offer enough incentives at this point to get people into organized raiding, it's just not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus
    In the same vein, I know that a lot of LFR players aren't entitled brats, but I also know that the vocal minority has still hijacked LFR to try and justify higher rewards for people that simply don't need it.
    I can get better gear from WQ's then from LFR. The rewards in LFR are just fine for the difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    I think they offer enough incentives at this point to get people into organized raiding, it's just not for everyone.

I can get better gear from WQ's then from LFR. The rewards in LFR are just fine for the difficulty level.
    And despite the incentives it isn't attractive.
    Which means the problem is player-driven.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-11 at 12:20 AM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And despite the incentives it isn't attractive.
    Which means the problem is player-driven.
    Or people just don't like raiding . It's likely a combination of both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    With Normal mode being completely cross-server compatible, along with how easy it is to use the current iteration of the group finder tool, does LFR really fill a necessary role in the game these days? In terms of being a no effort way to click a button and join a raid, the group finder pretty much fills that slot on its own; on both fronts you have to select the raid you want to run, and in group finder you can even have a bit of control over what groups you want to join.
    It stills has it purpose. As you said, you can choose the group. So can they decided whether to choose you.

It also means people do not have to do the whole raid in one sitting. People can also leave if and when they have too without impacting the group. Not everyone can do the raid in one go. Or play uninterrupted for over an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Or people just don't like raiding . It's likely a combination of both though.
    Not liking raiding can have a variety of causes, the experience of it being one.
    And it is pretty clear that players are contributing to a poor experience in raiding.
    For some LFR is a "necessary evil" when they can commit to other formats, for some LFR is their only realistic option.

LFR is there to let people who are 1. Unskilled 2. Lazy 3. Entitled 4. Intimidated to "see" the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    So my niece and nephew can complete current content.
    Made my day! Still laughing irl!

To generate endless QQ threads on the forums, what else?