Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    You should probably infer that every post you make on these forums is combative and volatile, perhaps "look inward" and ask yourself why you have to belittle other players to make a point. I can already tell you that it's because you're a miserable excuse for a human being irl, but I'm sure you don't have to very introspective to figure that part out.
    If objectively pointing out that one is playing badly is "belittling other players", you need a lesson on how to not take constructive criticism as a personal attack.

Especially in a thread where people don't play well, it shows up on logs but they blame the spec instead. I play badly from time to time like every other player, but my first reaction isn't to say "oh my goodness disc is 50-50 hybrid sucky other healers overtuned" - it is to see what I can do better myself.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-11-11 at 05:41 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Nah man, pretty sure you're just a pretentious dick that gets off by belittling people over a video game. Even after you shit on him he still asked you some legit questions which you didn't even remotely attempt to answer. You just kept being a condescending asshole to the guy. Hope you see this before the moderator who doesn't know how to moderate removes it.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-11-11 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If objectively pointing out that one is playing badly is "belittling other players", you need a lesson on how to not take constructive criticism as a personal attack.

Especially in a thread where people don't play well, it shows up on logs but they blame the spec instead. I play badly from time to time like every other player, but my first reaction isn't to say "oh my goodness disc is 50-50 hybrid sucky other healers overtuned" - it is to see what I can do better myself.
    Dude, stop it. You helped him, he even thanked you for it and you still found a lot of ways to insult him in every post. He admitted to his failures and you keep stomping on the guy. What you do is definitely not "constructive criticism", it's telling him what to do better while also telling him how much he sucks.
    Newsflash for you: in order to belittle someone, you don't have to actually say "I belittle you".

This kind of thing used to be the norm in the Nilla' days. You were blatantly told you sucked.. Then you took that hatred/sadness/whatever and used it to get better. Nowadays on WoW is that it's so damn easy to not suck at the game, that if you do indeed suck at it, there's really no help for you :l.

tl'dr - Stick to LFR.

I don't think the guy is denying he sucks, but if everything you are going to post towards him is just "you suck" though, that's not really constructive anymore, especially when he's trying to get better. That's fine I guess? But you really shouldn't pretend like you are trying to help him in that case then, because that's not feedback he can use to play better. Any idiot (even those who suck) can say "you suck" and "read a guide", it takes a lot more to help someone if you truly want to do that.

If getting good was as simple as reading a guide, everyone would be all-stars. There are people who are just not up to par, and expecting everyone to play at a 100% percentile level is just silly and shows how out of touch you are with reality. We all come up with excuses from time to time about bad play (his shaman comment), even those who are hard on themselves, but again, to assume everyone should think like you, be like you, and play like you with no empathy at all is just stupid. He's not killing your family, jesus christ. He's bad at WoW - he's going to live, you will too. At the very least, he wants to get better so that already makes him better than 90% of the population.

P.S. I would make some comment about what kind of person you have to be IRL in order to have such a huge ego in a video game that you feel the need to look down on people, especially one that requires so little skill like WoW, but that would just become a shit-tossing contest no one is going to win...well, maybe for the guys who have huge egos in this game for some odd reason.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-11-11 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    He called you bad because you are playing badly. You aren't playing disc in an optimal way so of course you'll see lackluster numbers on the healing meters. If you want to get better you need to prep for the damage ahead of time, unload when you your atonements out, then go into mana conservation mode. Disc is very much a cyclic healer, and you should talk to your guilds resto shaman and other healers to work with you. Disc is insanely good for healing burst phases + saving other healers mana. Why use HTT when the disc priest can just front load the heal and save it for that oh shit moment? From the sounds of it, your shaman is just wanting to top HPS meters and not play ball with the healing team.
    Damn man. And you are a Priest moderator? PosPosPos was bashing OP in EVERY post, not helping but sadisticly pointing how bad OP he was and you are agreeing? On what subject? That OP is bad? No shit Sherlock! That is why he made this post and is asking for help. And instead of help you guys will tell him to reroll or better quit game because he is worse than you. Great help and great moderation indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    Damn man. And you are a Priest moderator? PosPosPos was bashing OP in EVERY post, not helping but sadisticly pointing how bad OP he was and you are agreeing? On what subject? That OP is bad? No shit Sherlock! That is why he made this post and is asking for help. And instead of help you guys will tell him to reroll or better quit game because he is worse than you. Great help and great moderation indeed.
    Well, not to take away from your point, but it wasn't the OP, just some other guy that happened to rant in the thread.

PosPosPos is a good player (at least he makes it sound that way from as far as I remember, I haven't actually seen any logs of his since I don't even know what character he plays, maybe that info is out there somewhere), so I can see why Djriff took his side. This "tough love" shit isn't really tough love at all though, because some people just aren't able to tell what they are doing wrong, even if they go through logs or video replays. Even if they do figure out what they are doing wrong, applying it in practice is also something that comes with time and experience, and not something most people can immediately fix, especially in the heat of the moment when fights get chaotic.

It's why skill gaps exist in games.

If you want to look down on someone because that's how you are, that's good for you I guess. I think it's silly in a game like WoW (I would understand it more in higher skill based games like any FPS or MOBAs etc), but to each his own. Don't act like you are helping him out with tough love though, because really, you are not. You are just berating him because he's not up to your standard. Even if the guy is in denial over his skill and chalking it up to classes (and really, is that so hard to understand why someone would do that over choosing the option of, "damn, I fucking blow"?), doesn't really mean it's time to open the flood gates and let his ass have it. That's how I look at things though, maybe I'm just a carebear.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-11-11 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Well, not to take away from your point, but it wasn't the OP, just some other guy that happened to rant in the thread.

PosPosPos is a good player (at least he makes it sound that way from as far as I remember, I haven't actually seen any logs of his since I don't even know what character he plays, maybe that info is out there somewhere), so I can see why Djriff took his side. This "tough love" shit isn't really tough love at all though, because some people just aren't able to tell what they are doing wrong, even if they go through logs or video replays. Even if they do figure out what they are doing wrong, applying it in practice is also something that comes with time and experience, and not something most people can immediately fix, especially in the heat of the moment when fights get chaotic.

It's why skill gaps exist in games.

If you want to look down on someone because that's how you are, that's good for you I guess. I think it's silly in a game like WoW (I would understand it more in higher skill based games like any FPS or MOBAs etc), but to each his own. Don't act like you are helping him out with tough love though, because really, you are not. You are just berating him because he's not up to your standard. Even if the guy is in denial over his skill and chalking it up to classes (and really, is that so hard to understand why someone would do that over choosing the option of, "damn, I fucking blow"?), doesn't really mean it's time to open the flood gates and let his ass have it. That's how I look at things though, maybe I'm just a carebear.
    I just want to re-iterate on my response... If you suck at wow, be it healing, tanking or DPSing, after ALL the developers have done to make it extremely streamlined and easy for you, then you honestly can't possibly get better at this point. You just can't. There's absolutely no hope for you. As horrible, bad and mean that may sound, it 100% is the truth. OP can possibly explore LFR, that way s/he doesn't have to make threads such as this one, and it all doesn't really matter anymore.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2016-11-11 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endocry View Post
    Nah man, pretty sure you're just a pretentious dick that gets off by belittling people over a video game. Even after you shit on him he still asked you some legit questions which you didn't even remotely attempt to answer. You just kept being a condescending asshole to the guy. Hope you see this before the moderator who doesn't know how to moderate removes it.
    But I did, I linked the logs of players who did the same encounter, but played disc correctly.

Sorry you couldn't see the forest for the trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post

PosPosPos is a good player (at least he makes it sound that way from as far as I remember, I haven't actually seen any logs of his since I don't even know what character he plays, maybe that info is out there somewhere), so I can see why Djriff took his side.
    I linked my logs before, if you really want to find out just trawl through my post history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    I wasn't replying to the OP, much less "bashing" them. Certainly, I have also never said anything to the effect of "reroll or better quit game" either. Nice lie though.

Last I checked, @MrsTargaryen is different from @Saiyoran
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-11-11 at 11:09 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTargaryen View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am pretty frustrated after every single raid.
    I can't stand a chance against our Druid healers.. they do always much more HPS/Heal than I do..
    Is it just because of me or disc in generell?
    I raid with a resto druid, a resto shaman abd a holy pally, there some fights like illgnoth that r very disc unfriendly, but im top or 2nd HPS im most EN fights.
    So u r provavly doing something wrong.
    Disc is all about knowing the dmg pattern and how to setup to heal it.
    Look at ur dmg taken graphs on logs, choose the spukes dmgs to heal and setup for it.
    Train ur low attonemt rotatio, around 5 without contriction and 7 with it.
    The other part is mana management, wich is basically doing the other 2 parts well...

That's a common behavior on this forum to bash neophytes with elitism. Only the first stage of solving a problem is acceptance and that guy looked pretty much like he understood that he's doing something wrong. Nevertheless, Pos continued to bash him with a silent approval from a moderator.

The irony is, the guy is raiding in a mythic guild and is linking kill logs of a content's hardest boss – so we may safely assume, that he belongs to ~1-2% of the best players of WoW community. And most likely, he is a good player. But life just works that way – first step to doing something good is to suck at that.
    And since he comes for help here, he is not satisfied with this situation. No need to bash him. You could've said all of that without insults and get a plus to your karma from that guy and a bunch of silent readers.

And despite multiple claims from other guy, that this game is easy – it's not exactly like that. You need some practice and experience – you need to teach your brain pressing correct buttons without thinking, to put it on your reflexes. And disc is a healer, which requires the most of it. Then it becomes easy.
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2016-11-11 at 01:53 PM.

Even if I do my burst phases correctly, I'm at a disadvantage healing against a Resto Shaman and Druid that have roughly a 7 ilvl lead and two strong legendaries. I can't tell them "please don't aggressively snipe me during my obvious burst phases" because they'll throw a few keks at me and call it a day. Disc isn't hard to play at all, but it's a tremendous amount of work and it's very easy for other healers or mechanics to smash your sand castle.

Disc has blatant weaknesses while other healers do not. It doesn't even have that sweet free dps advantage since Blizz nerfed dps trinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    Even if I do my burst phases correctly, I'm at a disadvantage healing against a Resto Shaman and Druid that have roughly a 7 ilvl lead and two strong legendaries. I can't tell them "please don't aggressively snipe me during my obvious burst phases" because they'll throw a few keks at me and call it a day. Disc isn't hard to play at all, but it's a tremendous amount of work and it's very easy for other healers or mechanics to smash your sand castle.

Disc has blatant weaknesses while other healers do not. It doesn't even have that sweet free dps advantage since Blizz nerfed dps trinks.
    Uhh communicate with your healers and tell them youre going to do all the healing and don't heal? Why is that hard. Disc does have a weakness but it's not what people describe. Why do people think that putting in effort as disc isn't worth it? You can literally burst heal more than any other class popping all their cds. There is a reward for doing all the set up required for disc, but somehow pepole can't see this?

Oh I forgot, disc isn't capable of doing dps without dps trinkets. Hmmm... that 100k+ dps that disc priests do must be an error in logs if someone isn't running dps trinkets. Makes sense to me!
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Uhh communicate with your healers and tell them youre going to do all the healing and don't heal?
    "I can't tell them "please don't aggressively snipe me during my obvious burst phases" because they'll throw a few keks at me and call it a day."

Communication is there, but people don't care or listen. In fact, the resto shaman was telling me I wasn't playing with the team and sniping his heals *because I was healing all of the damage during Rots*. Anyways, a healer class shouldn't have to ask the other healers to not heal just so they can properly heal.

"I can't tell them "please don't aggressively snipe me during my obvious burst phases" because they'll throw a few keks at me and call it a day."

Communication is there, but people don't care or listen. In fact, the resto shaman was telling me I wasn't playing with the team and sniping his heals *because I was healing all of the damage during Rots*. Anyways, a healer class shouldn't have to ask the other healers to not heal just so they can properly heal.
    It's not about telling other healers not to heal, it's saying hey I have this so save your healing CD for the next big thing that happens that i'm not prepared for. Healers don't always have to use all their CD's in an encounter if it's not needed and if they are they just want to pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I just want to re-iterate on my response... If you suck at wow, be it healing, tanking or DPSing, after ALL the developers have done to make it extremely streamlined and easy for you, then you honestly can't possibly get better at this point. You just can't. There's absolutely no hope for you. As horrible, bad and mean that may sound, it 100% is the truth. OP can possibly explore LFR, that way s/he doesn't have to make threads such as this one, and it all doesn't really matter anymore.
    Er, I don't know if I agree with this lol, so I guess we can agree to disagree.

Disc definitely requires a lot more skill than a resto shaman or resto druid. I won't pretend I'm a pro Disc player so maybe I'm wrong since I only heal from time to time, but it feels that way to me at least.

Though you are also underestimating Disc's strengths. Adding a 100-200k damage per fight is pretty significant and not something you can ignore. I also think a lot of people get caught up in healing meters that they completely forget what healing is suppose to be about. It's not like DPS where obviously the more you do the better (most of the time) - if you find yourself with nothing to heal for the duration of a fight, it's time to drop healers and add an extra DPSer. If you can't do that, but no one is dying and you are meeting DPS checks anyway, then Disc even if played poorly can add a good amount of damage while providing that buffer the raid needs to live if you really do need that extra healer for hard checks during the fight.

Healing is about keeping people alive, not a war on the meters to see who can outsnipe the other or who can heal the highest HPS in a burst damage timeframe and top the meters that way. If people don't die, you really shouldn't fret over that other healer being #1 and you are not. Only time healing becomes a problem is when you have to underheal a fight to meet DPS checks, at that point every healer's HPS should matter and there's no such thing as being sniped and whatnot, and if you are still underperforming then it's time to do better. Though to be fair, this usually only is an issue for early week mythic kills when everyone is still undergeared for the content, so it doesn't affect the majority of players, not to mention stuff like that usually rely more on smart healer cooldown usage as well as the raid doing it's best to avoid damage, not necessarily on how much HPS every healer is capable of putting out.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-11-11 at 03:58 PM.

If this is really that much of a problem and happens very often. Then it sounds more like that there are too many healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I still feel rsham is overtuned (I'm not the only healer losing to our shaman; our pally is the only one coming close to him on most bosses), but a specific comparison of where I'm playing badly is helpful to close the gap.
    RSham is absolutely not overtuned: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...100&metric=hps
    Have a look mate, at max percentile, Rdruid>HPal>Disc>Rsham>MW>=HPriest
    You drop the percentile a bit and rsham drops down to last and then back up to 2nd last when disc falls off at lower percentiles.
    Try to at least get some perspective outside your own raid group before making wild claims like that.
    Rsham isn't overtuned - your Rsham is just a much better player than the rest of your guild's healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    You should probably infer that every post you make on these forums is combative and volatile, perhaps "look inward" and ask yourself why you have to belittle other players to make a point. I can already tell you that it's because you're a miserable excuse for a human being irl, but I'm sure you don't have to very introspective to figure that part out.

Infracted - Djriff
    I've been around these forums since late 2013, and PosPosPos has been posting in that exact same tone the whole time. Thing is, as abrasive as he is, he's almost always correct and always, always takes the time to critique logs and offer advice, even if that advice isn't sugar coated.

- - - Updated - - -

You've got three situations:
    (1) Its progression and your healing team are sniping each other, going oom and the raid wipes. In this situation, your team needs to sort its shit out and work out who's using cooldowns/burst when.
    (2) Its farm and, you're overhealing it and your healing team are sniping each other trying to rank, and the bosses are getting killed anyway. This is a free for all, so all bets are off, snipe the shit out of each other and may the best healer win.
    (3) Its farm and you've dropped healers for dps. Your remaining healers will probably rank anyway, but they still need to sort their shit and coordinate with each other again as though it was progression or you'll get caught out stepping on each others toes and risk causing a wipe that will reflect badly on all of you.
    Last edited by Jimjam38; 2016-11-12 at 03:27 AM. Reason: three, not two
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

10+ Year Old Account
    in this thread people are mad at pospospos for trying to tell someone how to play because he said it rudely.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    in this thread people are mad at pospospos for trying to tell someone how to play because he said it rudely.
    I am pretty sure if I recited the laws of physics and added something rude at the end, people would think they are all wrong.