Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Both are corrupted, but I prefer Trump over Hillary. Trump is a big businessman and ther are pretty much never good. He is an asshole and is probably going to bring USA to its knees.
    But Hillary? She knows politics, she is fully aware what she can get away with and she's been doing shady things like forever. She is the worst person as a president.
    I'd rather have the evil that knows politics than the one who doesn't. Trump will be played like a puppet by Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Hey, it's still bias

Meanwhile my message is simple: both are crooked and I would have voted for neither

Liberal left-wing identity politics, intersectional feminism etc - all that stuff has alienated normal moderate democrats like me to the point where someone as crazy as Trump is now President of the USA

I would have hoped that the good to come of all this mess is that current liberals would realise the error of their ways, look inwards for how to fix the Democratic party

But looking at the naive, narcissistic SJWs here doubling down on their Hillary>Trump wagon, I guess not
    You focus on the fringe of the democratic party but ignore the guys in the hood masks and the religious right? Let's make it clear most never wanted Hillary and if you look at the data from not trusting, believing and enthusiasm for her it was pretty obvious. Unlike Trump supporters who think he will walk on water once elected people had very somber views of her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'd rather have the evil that knows politics than the one who doesn't. Trump will be played like a puppet by Putin.
    I disagree completely; if anything this whole process shows that it's Trump who is playing other people, quite successfully

In many ways the story the media is missing is the lone hero who against all odds saved the republican party and defeated the entire establishment with no help and little money -- thanks to a combination of brazen, untested tactics and raw charisma -- and became President despite being an outsider to the political elite (see how easy it is to craft insane narratives?)

Trump is a lot smarter than he's given credit for, and a lot smarter than Hillary who is actually quite dull

Sadly Trump's abilities might lead to terrible, disastrous outcomes -- but being played by Putin is not one of them
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-11-11 at 11:32 AM.

I disagree completely; if anything this whole process shows that it's Trump who is playing other people, quite successfully

In many ways the story the media is missing is the lone hero who against all odds saved the republican party and defeated the entire establishment thanks to a combination of brazen, untested tactics and raw charisma - and became President despite being an outsider to the political elite

Trump is a lot smarter than he's given credit for, and a lot smarter than Hillary who is actually quite dull

Sadly Trump's abilities might lead to terrible, disastrous outcomes -- but being played by Putin is not one of them
    Trump is good at manipulating stupified masses. It doesn't take much, just be an outrageous populist. Putin's a different game.

In many ways the story the media is missing is the lone hero who against all odds saved the republican party and defeated the entire establishment with no help and little money -- thanks to a combination of brazen, untested tactics and raw charisma -- and became President despite being an outsider to the political elite

I think calling Trump smart is grounds for losing your British citizenship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm not blaming the lawyers for trying to get the things Trump says suppressed. Shit they should probably ask the judge if they can get him a Hannibal Lecter mask for the duration of the trial.
    You realise they'd want pretty much anything a client said to not be allowed, don't you? They want to limit what the prosecution can use in any way they can, it is not a Trump thing, it is a lawyer thing. For most people it doesn't matter all that much, as most people are not the next President of the USA and not public figures.

If it was you, then your lawyers would want anything you'd written on social media, any emails or texts you'd sent, any conversations you'd had, all to be blocked from being used as evidence. It makes their life a whole lot easier when they don't have to come up with numerous arguments defending everything, but can instead focus their resources on narrow issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of bias, here you are, for about the thousandth time, posting about feminism in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
    What else should we expect from the biggest SJW on mmoc?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    I think calling Trump smart is grounds for losing your British citizenship.
    People like you who think he's not smart are just clueless about business and what it takes to succeed

You'll point at bankruptcy or crookedness or inheritance or indexing against the S&P500, and claim those are silver bullet to his incompetence, but that's how business and entrepreneurship works, from Buffett to Gates to Jobs and many others, they all go through periods of extended failure, insolvency, and sometimes questionable tactics

You've just been lied to all this time: you've been told Trump is an incompetent buffoon despite being literally one of the most successful businesspeople in the world, and the next president of the USA

His resume will go down in history as one of the best resumes a human being has ever had -imagine if Warren Buffett became president

It's time to realise your understanding of the world is poor; look at the reality, the guy is an accomplished, almost miraculous asshole, and earned much more of what he has than Hillary

That said, he is still a total ass, I'm just saying Hillary is worse
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-11-11 at 11:42 AM.

And Trump has not been found guilty of anything either

Don't get me wrong, I think both are crooked as hell - but saying one is the devil and the other is an angel despite both being quite corrupt - well that's the aforementioned four letter word
    joking right?

This is why the entire Trump vs Clinton discussion has such a huge chunck of crap in it, this is the true double standard.

The Clinton scandals have been proven to be BS, investigated to death by people that wanted her to be jailed
    Trump is still has to go to trial or is on trial, meaning their is a actual case against him!

But both are equal right?

Finally I wouldn't be surprised if Trump at this point got off, given that in the US you can be a white terrorist and not be found guilty so which judge or juror has the balls at this point to convict the future president for fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You realise they'd want pretty much anything a client said to not be allowed, don't you? They want to limit what the prosecution can use in any way they can, it is not a Trump thing, it is a lawyer thing. For most people it doesn't matter all that much, as most people are not the next President of the USA and not public figures.

If it was you, then your lawyers would want anything you'd written on social media, any emails or texts you'd sent, any conversations you'd had, all to be blocked from being used as evidence. It makes their life a whole lot easier when they don't have to come up with numerous arguments defending everything, but can instead focus their resources on narrow issues.
    Again, why do you think I'm blaming the lawyers for doing the best they can with their terrible client?

People like you who think he's not smart are just clueless about business and what it takes to succeed
    Uh, being born into a multi-millionaire family? A father who gives you your first (only?) job at said company? That'll do it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

His resume will go down in history as one of the best resumes a human being has ever had -imagine if Warren Buffett became president
    Warren Buffett wasn't born into his wealth. And he's articulate and not a giant asshat who embarrasses himself whenever he's given a public forum. And I doubt he'd appreciate you making the comparison lol.

Also, how many fraud trials has Warren Buffett had? If you'll forgive me for forcing you to post on topic for once.

Treason FBI investigation vs deceptive marketing civil court case... yea I am happy the people chose trump.

Deleted
    Uh, being born into a multi-millionaire family? A father who gives you your first (only?) job at said company? That'll do it lol.
    OK - if I give you 1 million dollars today, do you know how to turn it into 10 billion in let's say 30-40 years? Because if so, I'll hire you right now

I can tell you, being a billionaire is something most people cannot do, and getting a million dollars doesn't even come close to getting you there - in fact it's almost irrelevant

What gets you there is a rather rare combination skillset that characterises the careers of people like Buffett, Gates, Ambani, Wang, Ma, Ellison, etc - and Trump

If you really believe Trump is not an amazing businessperson, then honestly you simply don't understand business, especially at that kind of scale

Also, how many fraud trials has Warren Buffett had? If you'll forgive me for forcing you to post on topic for once.
    Buffett, like Trump, is a fantastic manipulator of opinion, and a hero of the democrats, so of course you would idolise him

His folksy charm is legendary, but look under the hood at how he made his money, with Berkshire's involvement in around 70 businesses

He has done many of the same crooked deals as Trump, is heavily connected into Wall Street, uses managers like his right hand man Sokol (a known insider trader who made millions from deals with Berkshire) to do the dirty work while keeping his rep clean -- because in business there is always dirty work to be done

Not to mention that most of Buffett's money was made in the same kind of way as Trump - by a strange combination of luck, being in the right place at the right time, and having a new approach that worked out well in a changing corporate environment

In many ways buying Berkshire Hathaway was a thin-skinned emotional mistake that he got lucky with between 1962 and 1967, and a business that underperformed for 20 years because he made so many mistakes, but eventually became successful through sheer tenacity and adaptation (just like Trump)

But don't let me spoil your own journey of discovery, go google the story for yourself
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-11-11 at 12:01 PM.

OK - if I give you 1 million dollars today, do you know how to turn it into 10 billion in let's say 30-40 years? Because if so, I'll hire you right now
    Does Trump?

Donald Trump would be richer if he'd have invested in index funds

Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.

The S&P 500 has grown 1,336% since 1988.

Other billionaires’ net worths have beaten the stock market’s growth in that time. Bill Gates, for example, saw his grow increase 7,173% since 1988 to $80 billion. Warren Buffet’s wealth grew 2,612% in the same time period, to $67.8 billion.

Another recent Associated Press report found that Trump is a much more cautious businessman than he lets on. “He holds few stocks for someone of his wealth and has grown increasingly dependent on making money by lending out his name to others rather than developing real estate himself,” the AP wrote.
    http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

What do you even do for a living anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Nice. Good thing you didn't extend this courtesy to Clinton. You still don't
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say. My point was that just as Hillary was cleared of charges, so Trump will be cleared. Because there is / will be pressure from above. I have yet to see any democratic country where court succesfully sentences and carries the sentence through on one of the active politicians from the top.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, why do you think I'm blaming the lawyers for doing the best they can with their terrible client?
    This whole thread is pointless, they would do the same with any client. This is not a Trump thing, it is a lawyer thing, it is about restricting the prosecution's potential evidence.

Other than Trump being a public figure, there is nothing unusual here.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You know what truly "alienated" people? Obama. He was a black President. Trump launched his platform on Obama being a Kenyan Muslim. This election was biggest whitelash since ever. Silver lining is that it showed the weakness of "white power". Even though EC still favors white voters, their numbers fall with every election. If Trump couldn't beat Hillary in popular votes, no republican ever will.

As I have said before, just wait. Time is an amazing actor.
    Whites still make up 70% of this country, if we start kicking out illegals even more. What Democrats just learned is you need whites to win the election. You can't focus all your efforts on minorities and ignore/hurt the majority and win an election.

Trump being crooked doesn't make Hillary less crooked.

Just as Hillary being corrupt doesn't make Trump any more intelligent, he's dumb either way

Stop with the comparisons. We wouldn't want to compare Trump's intelligence with Hillary's, but please don't try to compare which one is more corrupt because the answer is in plain sight

Deleted
    Mhh... why does this remind me of Berlusconi?

In many ways the story the media is missing is the lone hero who against all odds saved the republican party and defeated the entire establishment with no help and little money -- thanks to a combination of brazen, untested tactics and raw charisma -- and became President despite being an outsider to the political elite (see how easy it is to craft insane narratives?)

His own staff manipulated him a dozen or so times, starting from his bloody VP pick.

And lets not forget that his own bloody staff took away his Phone/Twitter account because he couldn't control himself.

And what kind of genius loses a 1B dollars?

Maybe he is a great salesmen and the american people are stupid enough to buy his BS but again that does not make you smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Other than Trump being a public figure, there is nothing unusual here.
    ???

That's precisely the reason for the thread?

And also the particularly ridiculous nature of the comments Trump directed at the judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taland View Post
    Mhh... why does this remind me of Berlusconi?
    That was exactly my first thought.