Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Battleborn players are coming together to help save the game

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...evive-the-game
    With Battleborn continuing to struggle, players have taken matters into their own hands in a bid to save the game.

Members of the Battleborn subreddit have organised a Battleborn Day for tomorrow, 12th November, in the hope that as many players will log-on to give Gearbox's MOBA-style shooter a shot.

And now Gearbox has taken notice, announcing all heroes will be free to try for the weekend.
    Battleborn Day was conceived by Reddit user bkndx, who in a post expressed his frustration at the lack of action.

In a post titled "Everyone's talking about saving Battleborn but not saying anything new so here's my idea," bkndx discussed the game's well-documented problems.

So let's talk about why it didn't succeed at the beginning, Overwatch competition, lacklustre marketing, bugs glitches and balancing issues. As time went on the problems shifted to low player base, and a large skill gap, matchmaking.
    So the question is how do we bring new players and keep them. Well if we can get an event going for a day where we get as many players online to play as many games as they can, this will solve matchmaking issues and allow everyone to try the game.
    bkndx called on experienced Battleborn players to give newcomers a chance on Battleborn Day in the hope they'll have a good time and keep playing.

As a community of high level elites we should recognise that if we get this going there's going to be a huge influx of newbs. We should be doing our best to not pubstomp and ruin their first impressions of the game so please, no double legendary loadouts. Experiment with new characters and try to keep away from the meta.
    Following the call to arms from the community, Gearbox posted on the Battleborn website to thank its community and announce it was "flipping switches" to help support the event.

Here's what's coming from today, Friday 11th November to Sunday, 13th November:

The badassest of badass in-game events: prepare for Lootpocalypse, Play with the Devs, Double XP, and Double Credits all rolled into one phenomenal weekend!
    A special "Battleborn Day Queue" with all kinds of fan-favourite maps and modes
    Try out all 29 Battleborn heroes! Every character will be temporarily unlocked for all players
    Enjoy 20 per cent off all skins and taunts in the in-game Marketplace
    Swag giveaways on the Battleborn Facebook and Twitter channels
    AND MORE!
    Meanwhile, the community hopes BattleBros, described as "a Big Brother program for Battleborn", will find a bigger audience this weekend. This is a group of players "ready to provide advice and guidance to anyone willing to fight to save Solus".

Fancy giving Battleborn another chance? Or is it all too little, too late?
    I personally feel if you haven't tried Battleborn you should. I quite enjoyed it and its a shame how poor marketing has dam near killed this game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is a good game but the people who made it decided to fuck over a potential playerbase for immediate profits which ended up shooting themselves in the face since it impacted sales. The only reason I paid for it was because I was extremely bored in Draenor. Like I said it was a good game but it wasn't a game worth $60. The profitability model for this game was built wrong and now the game is going to suffer.

Good on you guys for trying to keep it alive but I just have much better things to do with my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want to pay $60 for a shitty MOBA when there are plenty of free MOBAs that are significantly better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Hell, why would I try it for free when I could be playing Overwatch that I've already paid for.
    Because Battleborn and Overwatch is two completely different games. That's the problem this game has had since day 1 (and its gearbox's fault) people keep comparing it to overwatch.

Both play completely different. This is more close to smite then Overwatch. I do feel they should make it f2p tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because Battleborn and Overwatch is two completely different games. That's the problem this game has had since day 1 (and its gearbox's fault) people keep comparing it to overwatch.

Both play completely different. This is more close to smite then Overwatch. I do feel they should make it f2p tho.
    Battleborn's gameplay is more janky than its art direction.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Battleborn's gameplay is more janky than its art direction.
    Don't really see how that has anything to do with what I said. Personally I was ok with the Gameplay, what annoyed me was the screen clutter. Moments where I couldn't see shit due to effects got old fast.

- - - Updated - - -

What little marketting it has makes it look exactly like Overwatch, apart from the one thing that Overwatch doesnt have: a TCG. So that's honestly, once again, Gearbox's fault.
    I won't disagree, it was foolish of them to do that and release it so close to OW. It should have released much early or way later.

IMO it is a good game and has some interesting characters. It has IMO more content then OW did at release as well. Like I said in the OP Poor marketing is what did the game in and I feel it needs f2p to save it.

Answer me this, before this event, does Battleborn have any sort of Try-before-you-buy system? A hero or 2 free to play? Trial editions? Anything of the sort? Or is this weekend the first of it's kind for BB?

Overwatch has had them sprinkled here and there and I think helped it massively, letting people check out the game before they dropped 40/60 euro on it. BB is a flat 60 quid, and no trial version must have hurt it massively.
    I don't think it did, but it was part of the humble bundle awhile back and was dirt cheap. It is rumored they are going to release a trial version tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Why would I want to pay $60 for a shitty MOBA when there are plenty of free MOBAs that are significantly better?
    This so much. Battleborn is a borefest and pales in comparison to the likes of Smite and even HotS. Not to mention that the model of locking all the characters in a paid for MOBA behind challenges ranging from trivial to annoying or paid unlock and having a fee 2 pay hero equipment system outside of matches was never going to end well.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I would rather not play anything where gearbox is involved thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also doesn't help that people wanted a Borderlands game from Gearbox, not a MOBA.

Deleted
    60$? What? I bought it for 5€ a few days ago as a hard copy. It even came with trading cards and the pre-order bonus. It's a sad thing, really.

It's very refreshing to see players taking action to save something that they enjoy, rather than expecting the Dev team to do it all for them for once. Makes for a nice change of pace

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I won't disagree, it was foolish of them to do that and release it so close to OW. It should have released much early or way later.

IMO it is a good game and has some interesting characters. It has IMO more content then OW did at release as well. Like I said in the OP Poor marketing is what did the game in and I feel it needs f2p to save it.
    As much as I want to say F2P would be a good direction to go, I think they would be better served by waiting a little longer before making the transition. Battleborn was positioned, rightly or wrongly, as being the main competetor to Overwatch when it was first released, going F2P at the moment would only serve to see Battleborn being mauled by Hi Rez's Paladins, a game which is much closer to Battleborn than Overwatch. It would suck to see Gearbox make the same mistake twice.

Unfortunately Battleborn has already been labeled as a "Dead Game", so unless they can shake that image then even going F2P might not be enough to save it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the season pass. Kinda waiting on the lot releasing to warrant re-installing.. I love the new hero they released, Kid Ultra.

- - - Updated - - -

I played for 60 or so hours but got bored of the same PvE missions. When i was getting into PvP people started leaving the game and queues were taking forever so i stopped playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, battleborn can fuck itself on a dumpster fire, paladins has taken the F2P OW-stlye crown and well for paid, OW has its crown too.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Its actually a really fun game. But launching next to overwatch poor advertisement and some questionable game designs (a surrender button really? ) it just gets overshadowed
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Its actually a really fun game. But launching next to overwatch poor advertisement and some questionable game designs (a surrender button really? ) it just gets overshadowed
    Well BB is a moba so a surrender button makes sense since there can be moments where you can't win.

And there's moments in any game where you can't win but you still play it cause its fun and it's not like you get nothing for losing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    60 bucks? Friend, it's 6 bucks. https://www.g2a.com/battleborn-steam...er-global.html

And still not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    60 bucks? Friend, it's 6 bucks. https://www.g2a.com/battleborn-steam...er-global.html

And still not worth it.
    I picked it up off the humblebundle a while back, and there was plenty of gameplay there for 6 bucks... I'm not looking for some new "world" to be part of though, so there were no longterm prospects for me.. just the shortterm singleplayer experience and the quirky humor.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Isn't that the game that was supposed to be Overwatch's competition or something?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!