10+ Year Old Account
    I played the last dragon age and thought it was alright. Not a huge fan of that particular series, but for the first big game of this console gen? It was a decent start. I feel Mass Effect will be an improved version of it.

Deleted
    I just hope that the pony-tailed woman in one of the earlier trailers is how the characters will both look and be animated throughout the game.

Bioware-games motion capture is so lackluster most of the time, DA:I was a disaster in that regard. The conversations and cutscenes are so boring to look at... especially the conversations, holy crap.

I also hope that it isn't fem-pathfinder, but a squaddy/Jian Garson. Preferably a romance option, heh.

The best developer statement about ME:A so far is that they want to empathize on intensive character moments similar to the one you have with Garrus when you are shooting bottles on the Citadel. Best scene in the game, by far.
    There was no way for me to not let him win that match.. and I was so glad when he did.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-10 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    gonna romance that chick hard.
    It's your character's sister, have fun.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Even more reasons to.

Deleted
    Not very likely, sadly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what video games are for anyway
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    More likely that she will die midway through the game to somewhat limit the internet voice that calls for the incest relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Aw yeah, necrophilia is necrowinphilia! And not not just any kind of necrowinphilia, wincest necrowinphilia!
    Rule 34 exists. So it'll happen. Most fanfic is gay/lesbian/trap in nature.

Deleted
    A mod to turn her corpse into an undead teammate and then romance her? Better get on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel like Skyrim did a great job with the Open World. Not sure if it is due to the idea that, 'if you can see it, you can go there' way they built the world. Or if it is completely due to it being first person rather than third person.

Playing skyrim last night, I found myself just walking between destinations. No fast travel, no horse, not even sprinting. In First person, I feel that you can appreciate the world far better. All the nooks and all the crannies.
    If it's like Skyrim it will be roundly panned. Bethesda are the only company that get a pass on huge, bland worlds and I have no idea why.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, ME:A will not be a trilogy but a standalone game. However, there MAY be other ME games taking place in the ME:A galaxy.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mas.../1100-6445250/

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is this hype. i thought the game just launched.
    but the release is actually on march 2017 (5 months !)

anyhow, whats the difference between adromeda and the trilogy ? i have finished mass effect 2 and while it is rpg (dialogue options) its very much straight forward, tunnely in sections where are enemies.

is andromeda gonna be any different just like the witcher 3 was to the witcher 2 ? open world ? sell me the product cuz im starving on some sci-fi games

Liam

Liam is a former police officer who arrives in Andromeda aboard the Hyperion. He’s part of the Pathfinder team and helps with security. “Liam is the youthful, enthusiastic, and in some cases, the idealistic follower that you get,” Walter says. While he takes his duties seriously, he tends to have a lighter tone. He may try to add levity to situations by being upbeat, he also wears his heart on his sleeve and gets fired up easily. For instance, in an introduction scene we saw during our visit, he’s quick to show his anger and react when things go south while the team is out exploring. That doesn’t mean he’s not there for Ryder though and doesn’t support the decisions that must be made by Ryder in these dire moments. “He’s got Ryder’s back,” Walters says. Liam is also very hopeful for the new future of humanity. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens if other characters challenge him on that.

Peebee

Peebee, an asari, is a lone wolf and adventurer at heart. She came to Andromeda aboard the Nexus, but true to her character, quickly went off adventuring on her own. She doesn’t come as part of the Pathfinder team like Liam. “You find her in the course of your adventures,” Walters says. Peebee is particularly interested in all of the alien technology and things that can be found in Andromeda, constantly looking for clues and things she can study. “

While she’s super smart, she isn’t so keen on formalities or social niceties, which can make her come off as very blunt and forward. “Her mind goes quickly as does her mouth,” Walters says laughing. “It’s hard keeping up with her.” In fact when she meets you, she just goes up and tackles Ryder. Just because she’s an asari don’t expect her to be anything like Liara. “She’s very bubbly; Liara was very serious,” Walters says. “Peebee will buck the norm at any given time. She’s not about rules or culture or anything like that. She’s not even about teams or teamwork.” We’re guessing that’s going to lead to some conflicts among the party. So what drives her to join Ryder? She sees you as someone who can lead her to finding out more about the galaxy’s mysteries. “Her role in this is helping you find out more about this alien technology,” Walters says.
    I'm getting some serious Sera vibes from this PeeBee character. Also what kind of fucking name is that?
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    wtf is this hype. i thought the game just launched.
    but the release is actually on march 2017 (5 months !)

anyhow, whats the difference between adromeda and the trilogy ? i have finished mass effect 2 and while it is rpg (dialogue options) its very much straight forward, tunnely in sections where are enemies.

is andromeda gonna be any different just like the witcher 3 was to the witcher 2 ? open world ? sell me the product cuz im starving on some sci-fi games
    Due to the nature of Mass Effect, it won't be one seemless open world like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. It will likely be like Dragon Age: Inquisiiton where you travel from planet to planet and each zone has its own open world. Pretty much how the zones in WoW work.

EDIT: Now that I think about in The Witcher 3 wasn't seemless either. Regardless, it won't be an open world in the vein on Bethesda's games.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2016-11-11 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm getting some serious Sera vibes from this PeeBee character. Also what kind of fucking name is that?
    Confirmed to be a nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Confirmed to be a nickname.
    Nickname or not, I bet that's what she'll be called in the game. Else they would have gone out with her real name.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Andromeda Initiave launched in 2185. Reaper invasion of ME3 began in 2186.

So yeah, they retconned their launch between ME2 and ME3. Saying it's private funded venture means they can handwave the fact that no Alliance personnel mentioned it in ME3.
    except apparently Shepard gave it a sendoff? its just... odd. I would have understood it if they used that whole asari contingency plan idea - still get to avoid canonizing the ending, but it makes more sense why it was so hush hush. wouldn't want reapers to know and all that

March 2017 is fine, thats when my birthday is.

I'm gonna avoid reading up too much information though. I want everything to be 100% fresh and new when I play it. Man I can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm more concerned about Liam. Now that's a child whose parents didn't love him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    except apparently Shepard gave it a sendoff? its just... odd. I would have understood it if they used that whole asari contingency plan idea - still get to avoid canonizing the ending, but it makes more sense why it was so hush hush. wouldn't want reapers to know and all that
    It wasn't even hush hush :P

They were building four massive ships in orbit around Earth, not exactly hiding stuff up there... And the orientation/program thing now for the Andromeda Initiative implies it was very public and they sought volunteers to go.

I still don't see it as a retcon or anything though. Shepard was dead and being rebuilt for much of the end of the project, when it would have been getting publicity. And then at the actual end and when it launched he was mostly in the Terminus Systems.

The few times he goes to the citadel and what not and doesn't hear anything can be passed off as coincidence.