Poll: Did you gas out?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not really played since mid-October. Just basic burnout of same-old same-old. I've levelled a Frost Mage, Affliction Warlock and Shadow Priest, and for all three it seems like you're picking talents/builds between Fun Vs Functionality. I got Legendary gloves for the Frost Mage, which basically lock out the 'fun' 100 talent too, which makes the rotation feel a little emptier; so I just don't know where to go with any of it.

In all three cases I've been left hanging on and being strung along with promises that they'll fix the shortcomings, that they're "listening" to the problems the community have pointed out - even though I've been readin the same echo chamber of comments for over a year in respect to all three specs, but still they went live as they are. I'm tired of that, I don't even know what I'm paying for.

Yeah, i quit over a month ago, but I'm about to come back. It's the token process. I can drop off for a few weeks, couple months with no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I really, really do not understand the points of these threads. Is it attention seeking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    there was no grind in vanilla.... stop talking bullshit.
    Absolute BS... probably the biggest pile of BS I have read on here all week. Either you never played in Vanilla or you are just trolling. Levelling itself was a grind. Mind you, not a Lineage 2 kind of grind but still a grind.

Farming resistance gear to deal with shit in Molten Core and Nax etc... was a bigass grind...

I try to get something done other than raids and one mythic+ each week. Ran out of steam when mythic+ was introduced as non-streamers cant farm 3 chest all day every day. Doing the same dungeons over and over again is not content.

It was quite obvious that legion would not have much content once you got closer to 850 ilevel from normal mythics. As those had weekly lockout you had nothing else to do until raids opened, so that gave you plenty of time to finish everything else that existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Then you'd be wrong. I've been playing since 2009, never letting my sub run out, and I have yet to experience this "gas out" feeling.

And no, I'm not out of gas yet.
    So you are playing 16h per day, at least still?

Deleted
    Legion is probably the MOST relaxed expansion out of all... Everything throws gear at you and gearing is most certainly not a problem. And because gearing is so fast, if you don't count raiding, farming Mythic+ can get old fast, but it's at least stuff to do.

I also don't get the complaints about the "grind", i mean what exactly can you grind in this xpac? It's all dailies except professions, you can no longer no-life grind anything at your own pace anymore. Not even rep
    Last edited by mmocdc3c6d79b7; 2016-11-11 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    For me, this "gas out" happened when...

1) I picked up the Illidan soul fragment quest line that require me to do at least 80 more dungeons (if just doing Heroic) in addition to the 100+ I'd already completed (at least that many, as I've unlocked the hidden artifact color).

I just gas out when I got this quest.

Yeah, an MMORPG is supposed to grind and shit but if they put this quest into LFR I would be happy, so yeah right, more stuff to grind again and again.
    I was fine so far with everything, but this is just too much of a freaking gating crap*.

Also, I'm done with this Nightfallen thing, wich I think so far it's just plain and boring. But I do it for Artifact and iit's current content, but boring crap

I made an alt ( DH) with mining and herb, also for lore reason, I was quite happy for a while, but now, I'm bored, really really bored with this toon

So I'm leveling a DK with Alch and for lore reason. Gonna hit lvl 110 soon. So far not impress, it's the third toon I'm leveling and I feel that all those talent/spell rotation are retard and not fun.

I don't really care about my subs, I'm paying with gold. But It's like .... I don't play alot

Deleted
    The gearing deadline gets me all Hyped each time and running dungeons the first time as well. But now that it has settled and my chars are wel geared I can take it slow. This is normal for all of us I think.

I burned out about 2 weeks ago, right before my sub was up. It got to the point where the only thing that was progressing me further was raiding, which isn't a bad thing but I'm not really into that sort of gameplay anymore. The WQ, rep grinds, and ap grinds sort of got to me after a while as well. All in all I had fun with legion, so I'm not upset. I just sort of wish that feeling of what am I even doing this for didn't hit so hard so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Your just an infant. If you like many of us have been playing since 2004 and 2005 Then you most certainly have gotten burned out.
    Ah yes, that old chestnut.

Pretty sure I've spent more hours in-game than most, so I'm sure as fuck no "infant". Hell, my siblings raided and played from Classic to Cata and I overshot their /played time on my main very quickly. They burned out and stopped playing after Heroic Firelands and haven't been back since.

There's just people out there that don't burn out, simple fact. No prestige in burning out or not, just pointing out that "burning out" is not a truth for everyone. And no, having played since Classic or from a later point says absolutely nothing about the individual's resistance to burning themselves out. There are people that began playing in WoD that are now calling burnout...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-11 at 06:29 PM.

I'm playing as much on average, but some of that playtime has switched to alts rather than being concentrated in my main. Part of that is being "done" with my artifact; I technically have seven more traits available, but four of them are rather bad so the motivation to push hard for them isn't there. I am already very deep into my second artifact and a fair bit into my third as well, so there's not a ton of motivation there either (and I rarely play my offpsecs to begin with).

It's also partly my guild: We are very casual and very small, and unfortunately it's hard to get a group together for the kind of content where upgrades are likely to be found for me anymore. I don't like pugging, so that makes it even less worthwhile to focus on my main.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    I already quit.

While there are things I dislike about Legion, some being major features, I still think the expansion overall is pretty good. I only quit because I burned myself out. Even now, the urge to play is increasing. I'd imagine that I'll be back in-game soon enough.

Nope, I quit and hav not seen anything from Blizz that makes me want to re-sub
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I quit a while ago.

Really enjoyed the leveling experience in legion, the dungeons, and the class halls.

However, after those I started to get bored. The world quests were fun to 2 days, then immediately painful. The smaller number of zones grew monotonous with very few unique reasons to go back to them (besides repetitive word quests).

PVP ultimately made me cancel my sub. It's always been the one thing I've had to do when bored at max level, but it is absolutely atrocious now. First time in the game's history I consider PVP to be unfun, grindy torture.

Deleted
    I thought this was a thread about farts.

disappointed

My sub ran out today. I'm not a raider or PvPer, but I've seen most of the dungeons and done hundreds of world quests. Basically I've got my money's worth out of the expansion and there's not really much point continuing to pay a monthly fee just to do world quests and farm old content. Also there's something about Legion that's really put me off leveling multiple characters. For the first time ever I just can't be bothered. So, for the time being, I'm out.

The longer Legion is out the less I'm playing. Leveling alts is hopeless so I thought I'd try to work on the pathfinder achievement on my main but that seems basically impossible. The problem is the reputations. I'm not getting much of any from anything I'm doing. You'd think that quests would give you rep but, in the main, nope. Getting to revered on in any factions seems pretty much terrible.

Professions are hopeless too. I see no way to max out any but the gathering professions which my main has none of so that stagnating. Cooking, needless to say, is just plain laughable.

I do LFR once a week and that's about it. Missions are dead boring and require me to hustle around for order resources in the most boring possible content. And for what?

Legion is easily the worst expansion since Cata. Worse than that, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sub ran out yesterday....and I've been looking at the re-sub page on and off throughout the day, but honestly I can't bring myself to click that button. It's not that Legion is a terrible expansion, it isn't, I liked it very nearly as much as Cata and MoP (I loved those two expansions....the only expansion I've really thoroughly detested was WoD), it's just....RNG...there's too much fucking RNG in the game and it can be fun when it's going your way, and you're getting the drops, but when you're not and you're seeing people pull ahead of you not because they're better, but because they're luckier...I'm not saying i'm any great player, or anything, I'm not, but spastic Tim gets those bracers, a couple of warforged titanforged whatevers, and the right relics and its good game. And it only gets worse the longer it goes on because the catchup mechanics are borked as they're essentially just 'well, buy more lottery tickets and maybe you'll get lucky!' Iono, i guess I just want them to actually put in a more deterministic, more reliable way of working towards character improvement. As it is, it's spin the wheel and hope you get lucky, whilst your AP/AK grows in the background and that's kind of sucky. It's an easy fix, but then Ion in the Q&A today seemed to be really 'fuck going back to the systems we had in place and were working, gotta innovate!' which I agree with, sort of, but then, you know, it ain't broke, don't fix it....maybe, just a thought....
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    For me, this "gas out" happened when...

1) I picked up the Illidan soul fragment quest line that require me to do at least 80 more dungeons (if just doing Heroic) in addition to the 100+ I'd already completed (at least that many, as I've unlocked the hidden artifact color).

2) I started getting into the higher levels of Artifact traits; I'm currently 132k into the 718 trait, but even at AK 14, I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

3) The final nail in the apathy coffin for me was when they announced at BlizzCon that there was even more Artifact leveling to come. Not surprising, of course; I just thought, "Nope".

My sub expires in 17 days, and I've canceled. May come back later, but for now it's just not something I want to do.
    If I can ask, what are you looking for from the game? Also the soul fragment quest isn't as hard as you make it out to be. You cap out at 10 a week, and certain activities (Ex: mythic dungeons) grant more than one at a time, some even giving the 10 you need for the cap.

For me, I play less than I did at the start. Do the daily emissaries, mythic +s where I can (find time/group), and raid three days a week (sometimes little more).
    Last edited by Deavane; 2016-11-12 at 02:00 AM.

Legion is easily the worst expansion since Vanilla. So much content being recycled as "attunement" and "world quests".

burned myself out trying to gear / mythics and my wifey had a kid... so I quit