Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like Survival. Interesting spec and concept. Similar to the White Lion from Warhammer. Melee fighter with a pet.

But I signed up to play Hunter to be a Ranged DPS. Just because it has the name Hunter, doesn't mean I'd gravitate towards a melee spec based on performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    I like Survival. Interesting spec and concept. Similar to the White Lion from Warhammer. Melee fighter with a pet.

But I signed up to play Hunter to be a Ranged DPS. Just because it has the name Hunter, doesn't mean I'd gravitate towards a melee spec based on performance.
    I loved the White Lion in warhammer, which gravitates me more to this spec. MM/BM are just simply boring to me.

SV will continue to be a waste of a spec until they make it ranged again

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    SV will continue to be a waste of a spec until they make it ranged again
    Either ranged or tank. Personally I would be OK with both. You really can not have enough tanks. In our guild for example, all tanks main damage dealing classes, and therefore swap regularly for a spec they do not particularly enjoy. Having more classes with access to tanking is a good thing, as it will allevate some pressure from them. And levelling alts in Legion is no way an option in a non hardcore guild if you want to be efficient and not spend 24/7 in the game at the same time.
    So tank or a return to the original DoT ranged spec. Current SV is just not ok for 95% or even more hunter players (that is how often I see SV hunters at best).

Deleted
    Give survival aspect of the fox, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post

White lion was way more fun than what survival ended up being.

I enjoy it as a main spec, and don't feel as if I've been holding my raid back for how we run. I'm usually top melee dps, and I parsed 400k for our first Mythic Ursoc kill around 868 ilvl.

Deleted
    Very enjoyable for world questing and stuff, but its damage is pretty pathetic for sustain. Gibbing mobs for questing however, thats a whole different story.

It's still a target dummie spec. Until they prune or redo some talents -again- and give back mobility (namely disengage, harpoon being a target-only ability is just bad) it's not going to be used by any serious raiding hunters. WOTM falling off so easily with boss or player movement (i.e. rot on Nyth, Ursoc charge, etc etc) really hurts
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.