Thread: Later botters!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    What I don't get is how posters on here are allowed to boast about their botting and/or not getting banned. Isn't adovacating for activities that break the ToS against the rules on these forums?
    Naming/Promoting botting software is against the ToS. Discussing the ban wave and confessing to it (or mocking those who got banned) is not a violation. If it were, a mod would have locked the thread by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I've always liked the idea of characters being moved to a cheaters only realm. They can keep all their shit, and continue to pay/play, but you can only play with other cheaters.
    Isn't that how Australia started?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Boasting != advocating. And nope, we're not giving links to anywhere, nor talking about specific software or anything. Well within the rules still!
    Boasting can be one form of indirect advocacy. If I boasted about being able to walk in to certain store and easily stealing products from said store I can easily be indirectly encouraging other like minded people I'm around to potentially do the same if they have just been thinkning of it and have just not had the nerve to do so prior to my boasting.

Pretty silly to even attempt to argue that boasting about unethical behavior can't be a vehicle for advocacy to participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Blizzard should be more creative on how they hand on punishments. Maybe instead of a ban, all of your characters are confined to spend 6 months in Darkshore. You can't leave, you can't gather anything, you can't quest...you are just trapped there.

I can't think of a worse hell.
    The Barrens.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Or, ya know, they could pick gathering professions themselves. There is no monopoly on resoures if you join in on getting them for free, aside from the obvious cost of time.

Time is obviously the biggest limiting factor to farming herbs.

I have gathering professions and if I could farm all day I would.

But that still doesnt meet the demand of myself for raiding not to mention supplying guilds.

Botting for many normalises the market.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Blizzard should be more creative on how they hand on punishments. Maybe instead of a ban, all of your characters are confined to spend 6 months in Darkshore. You can't leave, you can't gather anything, you can't quest...you are just trapped there.

I can't think of a worse hell.
    A worse hell? Your character is trapped on Draenor for the next 6 months. You have no access to an AH, a Mailbox, or a portal/summon. Any attempt to escape Draenor results in being hearthed back to your garrison townhall. Same with any attempt to fly out of the expansion, or any other measures. Cheaters will be forced to interact only with each other, and only on Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Next wave of threads will be people bitching about the sudden spike in prices lol.

I have gathering professions and if I could farm all day I would.

But that still doesnt meet the demand of myself for raiding not to mention supplying guilds.

How else do you think a lot of well known guilds supply everyone with mats? If they don't have members contribute they are having some officers provide much of that supply. If they are taking time out of their real life schedule and game schedule to farm mats for guildies what can't any other raider? Farming by nature has always meant to be at least somewhat inconvenient in terms of time vs. more preferred activities.

Boasting can be one form of indirect advocacy. If I boasted about being able to walk in to certain store and easily stealing products from said store I can easily be indirectly encouraging other like minded people I'm around to potentially do the same if they have just been thinkning of it and have just not had the nerve to do so prior to my boasting.

Pretty silly to even attempt to argue that boasting about unethical behavior can't be a vehicle for advocacy to participate in it.
    Advocating:
    Verb,
    To publicly recommend or support.

Neither was done, in any of mine- nor anyone else's- posts. Your analogy is sillier than your perceptions, as well.

eta: fix typo.

Advocating:
    Verb,
    To publicly recommend or support.

Neither was done, in any of mine- nor anyone else's- posts. Your analogy is sillier than your perceptions, as well.

eta: fix typo.
    The boasting IS being done in public. Nice try though.

The boasting IS being done in public. Nice try though.
    Congratulations, you took one single word- out of context- from the entire definition, to try and prove your argument.

Personal perception still != fact, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Excuses, excuses.

Botting in any form is cheating. You are living on borrowed time, friendo.
    lol you only get banned if you bot like a retard, i bot all my mats (herbs, ore, fish) and about 5 char from 1 to 90 during mop did for about 9 months and never got a single ban.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How else do you think a lot of well known guilds supply everyone with mats? If they don't have members contribute they are having some officers provide much of that supply. If they are taking time out of their real life schedule and game schedule to farm mats for guildies what can't any other raider? Farming by nature has always meant to be at least somewhat inconvenient in terms of time vs. more preferred activities.
    Ill tell you how. Outside of farming for it themselves, because shit, between the numerous alts, split runs and outside game commitments as an officer myself, that gets old real fucking quick and I frankly will not do it.

They either

a) Bot - last time many people's alts from well known guilds got banned and they bitched that raid nights had to be canceled.

b) They make millions doing farm runs end of the expansion so they can buy it - we almost burnt through our stockpile of gold providing pots, flasks and food.

c) They hire/recruit farmers who are typically your social player and pay them in various ways.

I dont even know why youre arguing with me, its not like either of us are wrong. There are people who farm it and there are people who do not have the time to farm it, time is a commodity, just like dollars and gold, in a game where world quests and mythics dungeons are almost mandatory outside of raiding, time is money friend. After my 2 weeks of holiday for raid drop/leveling etc, I dont have time for it and I welcome botters with open arms. Even though I still herb when I have time, the botters means that if I need to buy herbs I can and not spend, literally, 1 million gold in 2-3 weeks on herbs like our guild did.

Either way. The banwave just punishes those who actually play the game and bot because they dont have time.

The professional botters will have a new account tomorrow and be doing it again.

I thought they bought them by selling runs or had multi-boxers farm for them.

Either way. The banwave just punishes those who actually play the game and bot because they dont have time.
    Tough shit. If you don't have time you don't have time. It is not a free pass to bot and then bitch when you get caught.

amazing just how quickly people change, lol.
    Almost as if there were cheat loving cucks and people who dislike that kind of scum

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Feels good to see Blizz taking action against cheaters. I just hope it's a perma ban and not a slap on the wrist temp ban.
    You're talking as if it is the first ban wave.

Got my main account locked for 6 months, feelsbadman. But I'll simply keep on going on other accounts, earning shit ton of gold, which I sell for real life money. And if all accounts gets banned, well, the game isn't that expensive. I know about a lot of people just buying 5 new accounts everytime they get suspended, and are now sitting at like 15-20 accounts.

Even a perma ban wouldn't stop the botting, but face it - you enjoy cheap materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm still here, and so are all my other accounts.
    I don't understand what these people that get caught do wrong, alas, my goldtrain will keep on running! Choo Choo!

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Even a perma ban wouldn't stop the botting, but face it - you enjoy cheap materials.
    I'd take a bot free game over 'cheap materials' any day of the week. Justify it however you want though, I just hope they catch more of your cheating accounts and shut them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    I'm still here, and so are all my other accounts.
    I don't understand what these people that get caught do wrong, alas, my goldtrain will keep on running! Choo Choo!
    From my experience, there's a number of people who decide to go to sleep / work / whatever while their bot's going, thinking they're going to be safe just because whatever group of people who made the bot, said they'll be.

In other words: They're dumb. That's generally the leading cause as to why most of them get banned. Or they use hella suspicious routes / profiles that make it excessively obvious they're botting.

Congratulations, you took one single word- out of context- from the entire definition, to try and prove your argument.

Personal perception still != fact, though.
    The thing is that it isn't really out of context. If someone is going to boast about something the general reason for doing so is either intrinsic (to make someone feel good about themselves in on way or another) or extrinsic (such as receiving an increase in social praise or standing). If we go with the latter form of motivation/reinforcement then it can be implied that if people are going to praise them for something than at least in that circle of community that praiseworthy activity is something to aspire to. Thus, if you're boasting about botting it isn't a far leap to assume that the reason you're doing so is to influence others into thinking botting is okay, even if the current perception of Blizzard is that it is wrong.

Trying to influence other people that botting is, or should be, okay for the 'benefits' it has on the game is indirectly trying to advocate that people should do it because you think it is okay. Just because you're not explicitly saying, "Hey guys, botting is awesome! It provides cheap mats for lazy people or those with strict time schedules. I haven't been banned for the years of botting so I'll help you guys out by providing <ThisBottingLink>" doesn't mean you are you aren't giving a *wink wink* about people botting for the reasons you are boasting about.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-11-12 at 03:06 AM.