Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenlogic View Post
    To be honest the best solution would be to nerf the top legendaries while bringing up the rest of the kit for say fire and unholy, because the difference between having and not having them is to far at the moment, so it would not be a dps nerf for any of the classes but just a gap nerf from how much you gain from having them. Will they do that? probably not.
    Exactly right!

On both parts, I fully expect them to nerf the unholy bracers but not appreciably nerf unholy to compensate. But that is what they should do.

Deleted
    Nerf the Bracers, buff the spec. - Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    Nerf the Bracers, buff the spec. - Problem solved.
    I'm all for that, the problem is, only one of those is guaranteed right now - and it's not the one we hoped it would be.

Am I the only one here who still enjoys playing unholy? I mean it still sucks doing shit dps but I like the playstyle for the most part because of the potential it has with a few changes from blizz. Keep the festering wound mechanic and change our stat scaling, rng and ability gcd problems

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Am I the only one here who still enjoys playing unholy? I mean it still sucks doing shit dps but I like the playstyle for the most part because of the potential it has with a few changes from blizz. Keep the festering wound mechanic and change our stat scaling, rng and ability gcd problems
    The reason this thread exists is there are plenty of us who enjoy playing unholy and don't want to have to switch to compete in dps. I, for one, will switch mains if that becomes the case rather than dump a ton more ap into the frost weap. Prolly main mage so I can always have a spec at the top of the meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    They also didn't say they buff it in any way.

Killing the bracers kills the Unholy. It was already pretty bad, even with bracers. They better buff everything by like 20%, like they did Frost, or it's gonna be absolute garbo.
    Its a good thing we have already seen the 7.1.5 patch notes so we already know exactly whats going to change/get buffed right???

Right?

Oh wait.

You guys complain almost as much as my fellow paladins. Not a good feat. Wait for the patch notes and see whats changing and getting buffed/nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Its a good thing we have already seen the 7.1.5 patch notes so we already know exactly whats going to change/get buffed right???

Right?

Oh wait.

You guys complain almost as much as my fellow paladins. Not a good feat. Wait for the patch notes and see whats changing and getting buffed/nerfed.
    Maybe that happens because complaining is the only way to get Blizzard to actually lift their asses and do something. Hey, it worked for you Paladins, so why not for us? It worked pretty well for you, actually. We're merely taking one off your book. And it's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Maybe that happens because complaining is the only way to get Blizzard to actually lift their asses and do something. Hey, it worked for you Paladins, so why not for us? It worked pretty well for you, actually. We're merely taking one off your book. And it's long overdue.
    Because you dont even know if they ARE doing something. Thats the point. Yes, complaining worked for us a while ago, but you dont see much complaining now that they have already announced that the next patch is going to bring a lot of changes. The most you can do is provide feedback (not in a whiney way obviously} and see what happens. Theres no point in complaining when were a few days away from a big class change patch coming to the ptr.

Maybe you are getting buffs, maybe some of your bad talents are getting buffs, maybe some bad talents that are never taken are being removed and replaced with better ones. Nobody knows yet because we havent seen the patch notes yet, all we know is that talents/abilities are changing and buffs/nerfs are coming out. Complaining for the sake of complaining isnt going to get you anywhere, wait till the patch notes. If you still dont like what you see, then complain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Fuck you all with bracers. And fuck any player with a good legendary for that matter. Go cry to mama, she's the only one that cares about your tears.

INFRACTION
    Jeez, forget who pissed in your cereal, more like straight up took a dump in it.

Like it's already been said, wait till the patch notes, IF they have nothing for unholy and include the bracers nerf then consider either re-rolling or changing to frost.

I love unholy, it's the most fun spec to me, but I'm tired of pulling less DPS in 876 gear than people with 10 less gearscore than me. Even simcraft says they should outdps me which is fucking stupid.

Interesting mechanics like deathcoil causing the disease to erupt or soul reaper being baseline so I can choose a DPS cooldown that isn't fucking trash like gargoyle would be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Because you dont even know if they ARE doing something. Thats the point. Yes, complaining worked for us a while ago, but you dont see much complaining now that they have already announced that the next patch is going to bring a lot of changes. The most you can do is provide feedback (not in a whiney way obviously} and see what happens. Theres no point in complaining when were a few days away from a big class change patch coming to the ptr.

Maybe you are getting buffs, maybe some of your bad talents are getting buffs, maybe some bad talents that are never taken are being removed and replaced with better ones. Nobody knows yet because we havent seen the patch notes yet, all we know is that talents/abilities are changing and buffs/nerfs are coming out. Complaining for the sake of complaining isnt going to get you anywhere, wait till the patch notes. If you still dont like what you see, then complain.
    ehh, I have mixed feelings. I agree it seems most appropriate to wait and see first, but then again it was really really really crappy of blizzard the way they let Unholy languish (unless you had the bracers) this tier. I admit to being pretty upset about having gotten my unholy weapon to 29, only to then have to switch to Frost which I've now gotten to 31 (and a half lol). Further mixing my feelings is that now: what if they buff unholy over frost, do I now need to switch again? I don't have good legendaries for either spec sooo.

Having left us with such horrible mobility and failed to deliver on their comment to compensate us in any way for that, DK's, in my humble opinion, have plenty to complain about so far this xpac. I'm certainly grateful Frost is now competitive but how much buffing did it take just to get in the middle of the pack (mythic raiding-wise)? How long until both specs are in the gutter? I don't know the answer to these questions but Blizzard has left us plenty of reason to doubt they'll treat us too well.

I think the "sky is falling" comments occasionally have their place, and for Unholy players without the bracers (myself included), it seems sort of to have reached that point.

I agree with those who say the best approach is nerf bracers but buff unholy overall....seems reasonable....also seems reasonable for some players to doubt it'll play out that way. Maybe making noise a little early at this point isn't the worst idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just mentioned on the Live Q&A that they will balance legendaries, by buffing the weak ones and nerfing the strong ones, like the Fire Mage Pyroblast one and the Unholy Bracers.. Like we're already getting stomped by everybody else, if you nerf that, buff our whole kit!
    Where do you guys get all these news on patches and etc? Is it on Blizzard webpage?

Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post
    Where do you guys get all these news on patches and etc? Is it on Blizzard webpage?
    The front page of the very site you are posting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    it will force Blizzard to actually buff DKs
    That's very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    I like it, but Frost is simply doing better in M+. I like all the spec, with a slight preference for blood and unholy, but if I wanna stay competitive with my dps, then I play frost.

They have all the right to complain.

Edit : Also I'd like to adress to all the dk to stop complaining about the RNG. The longer the fights are, the less impactful the RNG is. If you're blaming on your RNG's DPS, chances are you're simply playing your class wrong. This is especially true against bosses fights. Please, get over it.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2016-11-12 at 07:12 AM.

The problem with Blizzard and being constructive and waiting for them to react to constructive arguments is that they usually don't.

The fact that we have scaling issues was pointed out before release - not properly addressed till now.
    The fact that the unholy bracers are stupidly OP and can't even be touched by any ofther legendary was pointed out before release - not properly addressed till now.
    Our mobility issues, issues with blood, the freaking wraith walk thing and so on.

But the outrage and whining, on the other hand, seems to work.
    So people do what works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just mentioned on the Live Q&A that they will balance legendaries, by buffing the weak ones and nerfing the strong ones, like the Fire Mage Pyroblast one and the Unholy Bracers.. Like we're already getting stomped by everybody else, if you nerf that, buff our whole kit!
    Wait for the PTR, test stuff, leave feedback. Wait with whining untill (if..) it goes live without buffing the class.
    In short: Chill bro

Yeah nerf the bracers and post nothing about buffing unholy to make up for it. Does blizz want all unholy players to reroll to frost? They are doing a real good job in making us the worst dps spec in the game. Blizzards logic is "if the spec don't work, don't fix it just buff their counterpart immensely so everyone rerolls and that way we don't have to put time/resources into a spec that needs attention. Great job with "spec diversity" this expansion blizz.

Deleted
    The insane impact of the bracers is a myth.

People are exaggerating. It´s around 6% dps from the bracers effect, which is good but hardly gamebreaking.
    The ring and the belt effects give around a 2-3% dps boost, so the difference is even smaller when you have one of those instead.
    There are other legendaries for other speccs that are way stronger (>15%dps).

However, the bracers should still be nerfed, because:

1) it´s the only real option
    2) it makes you waste wounds no matter what
    3) it´s effect is too RNG, one try you barely get any benefit, the next try you get +15% dps because you're lucky...

I think making it 1-3 wounds, would be a nice solution to counter all those 3 effects.
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2016-11-12 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    The insane impact of the bracers is a myth.

People are exaggerating. It´s around 6% dps from the bracers effect, which is good but hardly gamebreaking.
    The ring and the belt effects give around a 2-3% dps boost, so the difference is even smaller when you have one of those instead.
    There are other legendaries for other speccs that are way stronger (>15%dps).

However, the bracers should still be nerfed, because:

1) it´s the only real option
    2) it makes you waste wounds no matter what
    3) it´s effect is too RNG, one try you barely get any benefit, the next try you get +15% dps because you're lucky...

I think making it 1-3 wounds, would be a nice solution to counter all those 3 effects.
    Yup I agree. I think some people without bracers think it will suddenly make them some kind of walking unholy god.