Poll: Did you gas out?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard quickly revealed their true intentions and design decisions before even 1 month into legion.

I left this horrible game and will never return. This game is not a game for me(or rpg players, honestly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    lmao

what
    Anyone else remember grinding basilisks in 1k needles to pay for their first mount? lol

I'm playing just as much but sort of running out of things I want to do outside of raid nights. I've considered an alt but can't stomach the rep, Suramar, and AP grind on another character. Outside of raid nights I basically just do world quests and the daily heroic for AP then logout. None of my friends are really doing Mythic+ and I don't want to pug it. It's ok, just wish they would do some things that let me jump into playing an alt without all the grindy stuff I have no interest in repeating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel the need to do every daily emissary or grind AP. I basically just do a high M+ for the chest, mess around on leveling some alts, and am trying to get the falcosaur pet. I don't play very much right now but maybe I will in 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    It's happened to all of us at one point, I'm sure of it. As amazing as Legion has been so far, I basically ran out of steam. I'm not cancelling my subscription per se, just playing less until I get my motivation back.
    its natural for every expansion - im also veyry bored with current endgame atm so im focusing on leveling alts and pushing their class campaigns / class hall reasearches - playing at chilled pace of 1-2 hours a day and gonna slowly get 12 toons to 110 i must admit class campaigns are a lot of fun (tbh they are more fun for me then doin hc EN :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a week where I felt pretty burnt out and I've been feeling that way every other day lately.
    I've gotten 2 legendaries and both were stat downgrades for my spec. I've dropped from top to bottom DPS in my guild since 7.1 because everybody else has received a DPS-increase legendary while I'm sitting with two utility. I tried playing an alt but the AP gains are so minimal I feel like there's no point in playing it until I have at least a months worth of artifact research. If I wasn't able to buy my sub with gold I'd probably have quit by now.

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    It's happened to all of us at one point, I'm sure of it. As amazing as Legion has been so far, I basically ran out of steam. I'm not cancelling my subscription per se, just playing less until I get my motivation back.
    Yes but not totally. I still log in daily, I just don't run 5+ mythics a day. I log in, I do emissary, I might pvp a little, i'll do some tmog runs and just chill.

I bounce between WoW, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Heroes has Varian in 5 days and Overwatch has Sombra in a week or two. I will play a lot less WoW then but it will still be the game I log into moments after sitting down at my PC.

A big source of my burn out was Legendary Items.

For anyone who played D3 seasons, you'll immediately recognize this feeling

1. Level 1-70, you're replacing items every 10 minutes AT LEAST
    2. You ding 70, you work towards getting legendaries in every slot
    3. You're now full legendary and work towards targeted legendaries, like the ones that make or break your build
    4. Now you get an ancient weapon
    5. Ancient everything else

Its step 5 that kills the game for many players. You're playing 30 hours and will see 15 of the same ring that you need.. but it just won't be ancient. You will probably quit due to burn out from farming these items.

Now bring it back to WoW, you're doing 10 mythics a day, you're doing raids every week, you're doing a ton of W quests... and the reward just isn't there. You're chasing a ghost.

Finally (after 2months of pretty intensive play on 3 characters) I got my first legendary... where from? A mythic+10? A mythic boss? A heroic raid? At the end of a long W questing sessions? , nope.... from the first boss of Eye of Azshara normal while helping my GF get the pillar of creation from that zone.

Talk about a shitty way to get a reward. And I didn't feel excited that I got it, the first emotion that entered my mind was relief. "thank fuck for that"

That Legendary had the same effect for me, that almost perfect rolled ancient items do in D3 - they keep you running on the treadmill for another day or two, then you're hungry again.

Am I going to play WoW for 2 months at a time before progressing my character?

Oh and finally, probably the main reason that just completely stopped my interest in WoW like a crash test hitting a wall was this: the redistribution of stat weights 3 weeks into the game.

I cannot tell you how much this fucked over every Vengeance DH who played during the first 3 weeks. I had 10,000 mastery and over night it dropped to my 2nd worst stat. I then rage quit my DH to swap to Prot war and gear mostly for haste.. to which they nerf the reason haste was good (in Mythic+, it still is in raids). Two times I got completely shut down on gearing it was like being hamstringed mid marathon.. twice.

Since then, my motivation to acquire gear has just nosedived. I stopped doing every Mythic0, I stopped doing 10+ mythic+, I stopped trying to push high mythic+, then I stopped doing mythic+ entirely.

I log in, i'll do Karazhan, i'll pvp a little, i'll do my emissary and then i'll log off.

Reversing stat weights alienates your players hard, and they seem to be ramping up to fire the gun again - to fire mages in particular.

So to all you fire mages with your 12000 crit, enjoy having that stat drop to 2nd or 3rd in the prio system over night coming soon(tm)
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-11-12 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    there was no grind in vanilla.... stop talking bullshit.
    Xqt did you even play in vanilla? There were MASSIVE grinds. If you pvped it was a fucking GRIND for ranks, nothing we have now compares. If you raided you grinded for everything. Gear, mats, reputations, resist gear, attunements, etc etc... Not to mention just unlocking ahn'qiraj was the most massive grind wow has had.
    Heck even the leveling was a massive grind compared to nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I try to get something done other than raids and one mythic+ each week. Ran out of steam when mythic+ was introduced as non-streamers cant farm 3 chest all day every day. Doing the same dungeons over and over again is not content.

It was quite obvious that legion would not have much content once you got closer to 850 ilevel from normal mythics. As those had weekly lockout you had nothing else to do until raids opened, so that gave you plenty of time to finish everything else that existed.

So you are playing 16h per day, at least still?
    So to qualify for not being burnt out in a game, you have to play a minimum of 16 hours per day? That is the definition to you?
    I can't play 1-4 hours per day and say that I am not burnt out at all? Lmao...
    If you played 16 hours per day prior to becoming "burnt out" you need some SERIOUS help lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    If you played 16 hours per day prior to becoming "burnt out" you need some SERIOUS help lol.
    or more likely he coudl use something called "job" would definetly help him with burnout

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or more likely he coudl use something called "job" would definetly help him with burnout
    agreed lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    Xqt did you even play in vanilla? There were MASSIVE grinds. If you pvped it was a fucking GRIND for ranks, nothing we have now compares. If you raided you grinded for everything. Gear, mats, reputations, resist gear, attunements, etc etc... Not to mention just unlocking ahn'qiraj was the most massive grind wow has had.
    Heck even the leveling was a massive grind compared to nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

So to qualify for not being burnt out in a game, you have to play a minimum of 16 hours per day? That is the definition to you?
    I can't play 1-4 hours per day and say that I am not burnt out at all? Lmao...
    i play since 2004.

and yeah pvp was a Grind. everything else was just playing the Game no real Grind invovled

15+ Year Old Account
    After gettin a legendary on my hunter (Apex Ring) I switched to DH alt O_o Suprisingly tanking feels so comfortable with me and interesting
    Only one thing which make me sad > Artifact Knowledge really slows down my progress, I dont even have 2nd golden trait but 845 ilvl already in 5 days after getting 110 lvl.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I was going to post a thread with a similar title like " approaching burnout?" I've got 3 characters 860+ (two are tanks so ez gearing), one ranged dps lock. I feel outside of mythic+ spamming there isn't much I enjoy doing. I actually enjoy M+ more than raiding right now. Haven't tried the TOV raid because just CBA id rather mythic+ spam maybe its more familar and speedy I dunno tbh. I know theres some content for me to do with more hardcore heroic raiding of EN (haven't even done EN heroic haha) and ToV. With mythic+ though I feel its a viable alternative for me and thats ok. I am getting bored tho whenever I'm grinding by myself when my friend isn't online in discord to chat with i guess. He just got BF1 and told me its really fun to play so I might get that and play we'll see. It would be nice not having that completionist feeling of having to play wow 4-6hrs everyday to feel top in my content level. A chill hop in hop out kinda game.

Yeah, I gassed out at about 7.1. As someone who supports gating, I think the gating goes a little too far even for me.

In general, I also just hate the feeling of no guaranteed progression. Artifact Points are entirely too slow and unsatisfying to really feel like a meaningful increase in power. I want to reroll as well but there's a bit of an uphill if you intend to, considering Artifact Knowledge (yes I know there is a catchup mechanic). Going through a Mythic +5-10 dungeon and getting nothing from it while I have an 845 helmet and robe after 30-50 runs makes me feel like I'm wasting my time because there is no real way to actually go and get, for example, a robe or a helmet that can actually be an upgrade. Without a goal in mind, there is nothing to pursue so I simply stop pursuing.

The final nail in the coffin was after 7.1 launch, finally getting my first legendary after 30-40 mythic+ runs, almost all of them 3 chests: Sephuz's Secret. The fact that there's a legendary in the game that is just a "too bad, try again" stat stick is disgusting to me considering the system and how uncontrollable it already is. It feels like a middle finger.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-11-12 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    After gettin a legendary on my hunter (Apex Ring) I switched to DH alt O_o Suprisingly tanking feels so comfortable with me and interesting
    Only one thing which make me sad > Artifact Knowledge really slows down my progress, I dont even have 2nd golden trait but 845 ilvl already in 5 days after getting 110 lvl.
    this i actually fully agree with - if you swap to alt atm it feel like a handicaped toon simply because of AK - it hsould have been account wide from day one - blizzard need to fix this shit fast dont wait for new year and 7.1.5 - AK levle 10 is still compelte garbage catch up wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Y. Going through a Mythic +5-10 dungeon and getting nothing from it while I have an 845 helmet and robe after 30-50 runs makes me feel like I'm wasting my time because there is no real way to actually go and get, for example, a robe or a helmet that can actually be an upgrade.
    this is annoying like hell to - spend last night 2 hours clearing karazhan - not a single usefll drop for hwole group - today 3 minutes of world boss and 880 piece drops making those 2 hours from yesterday feel completly wasted.

there hsould be either badges or vp garanteeing loot progress.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    what grind was there ? cant remember any important shit i had to grind

Game was casual back in 2004 its casual in 2016
    ROFL if you think it was casual or not a grind you obviously did not play Classic

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    ROFL if you think it was casual or not a grind you obviously did not play Classic
    He's trolling and he's doing a really good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    For me, this "gas out" happened when...

1) I picked up the Illidan soul fragment quest line that require me to do at least 80 more dungeons (if just doing Heroic) in addition to the 100+ I'd already completed (at least that many, as I've unlocked the hidden artifact color).

2) I started getting into the higher levels of Artifact traits; I'm currently 132k into the 718 trait, but even at AK 14, I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

3) The final nail in the apathy coffin for me was when they announced at BlizzCon that there was even more Artifact leveling to come. Not surprising, of course; I just thought, "Nope".

My sub expires in 17 days, and I've canceled. May come back later, but for now it's just not something I want to do.
    None of these are really issues mate.

1. You get a set amount depending on what mythic + level your doing. You get 6 from doing a +6, 5 from a +5, etc. Makes it go really quick. I'd even be done by now if there wasn't a weekly cap.

2. I'm right with you but here's the thing. You don't need to fill out your entire artifact at all. There's quite a few things you don't need. Stopping at 29 or even 30 and letting the AP just come naturally is just fine. Hell, even the two tanks from exorsus are on traits 29 and 30 because they don't need the rest of their artifact tree. You can let it come naturally. I've gotten 300k AP over the last two days just by doing my normal things in WoW. Not sure if you know asmongold (mythic raider and streamer) but he stopped at 29 as well.

3. By the time 7.2 comes out we will be done with our artifact. AK 25 is going to help tremendously. Even if you don't grind AP (I stopped at trait 29) you'll still have a capped artifact before 7.2. Nothing to worry about at all.

On topic: I stopped grinding AP at trait 29 and since then i lowered my playtime a bit. The main reason I love this game is because of the wardrobe system and the gear customization and all that. Transmog basically. I'll probably give raiding a rest after NH and focus on pvp/world stuff once I get the Balance of Power skin. Thats totally fine with me though, don't need to play 6 hours a day. 3-4 is plenty. I also will do my normal tmog runs and Kara runs with friends as well as mythic+.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-16 at 05:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this game is great, but unfortunately...after playing 10 years...i'm done.

i think gaming in general too...not playing as much, which i don't mind...i have an engineering job, a wife, physical fitness, my family, my cats..etc.

i use it to wind down now but only for like an hour or 2 at most.

i just wish i could recapture the vanilla days.....so awesome playing something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm sort of. I'm taking Legion at a much slower pace compared to other addons in general.
    Also I am rather lazy and prefer waiting for more AK before pushing further (next trait would cost 240K).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    If you think WoW wasn't casual in 2006, you clearly didn't play other MMOs at the time.