Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If not Sargeras then who? All i can think about is Illidan or Velen, but other than that, who if not Sargeras. All the legion guys are dead except Sargeras, idk if they will make us fight Archimonde and Kil'jaeden again just for the sake of the "demons can only be killed in the nether" bs, that would be just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Do you really think Blizzard are going to fill the climax of the Burning Legion expansion with random nobodies for bosses?

We're certainly not going to fight Archmonde or Kil'jaeden again. There's a very good reason we killed them before going to Argus.
    The reason is so we can kill Kil'monde
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The reason is so we can kill Kil'monde
    Archi'jaeden sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    Even if we do fight him, how the hell do we kill something that practically cleaves planets like a cake? We can make them disorganized by killing KJ and Archie and end the current threat. However, taking on the big boss himself is probably going to result in a complete failure.

I agree with you on the idea that he is probably not going to be there. He could have some influence on the fight, like Arthas did on vanilla Naxx. But him being involved in the fight directly? All he'd have to do is poke the planet.

Oh no. My most hated enemies are on the same planet, in the same building, that all my commanders are in... Let me just cleave this planet in half.

Yeah, Im sure thats exactly what he'll do...

If he is there, he has to fight us directly. Destroying the planet kills all of his command staff. There will be no one left capable of leading the legion. KJ is dead (or will be by the time we go to Argus).

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Oh no. My most hated enemies are on the same planet, in the same building, that all my commanders are in... Let me just cleave this planet in half.

Yeah, Im sure thats exactly what he'll do...

If he is there, he has to fight us directly. Destroying the planet kills all of his command staff. There will be no one left capable of leading the legion. KJ is dead (or will be by the time we go to Argus).
    Just beacuse he can does not mean he will. He can basically just smite players from the sky, and KJ may not die in the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Archi'jaeden sounds better.
    In all seriousness, I've considered they might be a boss in the Argus patch. With the nostalgia fest that Legion has been, and Archimonde's and Kil'jaeden's immortal demon souls, maybe they have suitable hosts on Argus and we fight them in a Twin Emperor inspired fight. Maybe not the final boss, but a boss.

They said they'll be concluding the Legion storyline... i.e. -- this'll be the last we see of them, for this expansion.

Watch a Ysera 2.0 happening to Sargeras!

Deleted
    I think Kil'jaeden will escape at the end of tomb, because he is not as dumb as Archimonde, taking everyone into the nether, where he can die. If the 'map to Argus' that Illidan created at the Black Temple is still active, Kil'jaeden has not found it and so does not know we can follow him at once, he should be thinking going to Argus would take us another century at least and until then he can just rebuild his army. So... he should be in for a little surprise, when we follow right on his heels. ^^

Edit: oh, and if we indeed fight Sargeras at one point, it won't be swords and axes against him. We will use his star destroyers against him, I would say. Though I really doubt that is going to happen. Without Archimonde and Kil'jaeden the Legion is severely weakened, at least as far as any kind of planned and ordered conquests go. The demons themselves are going to be a threat even after Sargeras is dead, just as they were before, which was the whole point that Sargeras fought them when he was still a normal Titan.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2016-11-12 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    I can see the final 3 bosses of 7.3 being Mannoroth, Archimonde and finally Kil'jaeden - all vanquished for ever. Early bosses including perhaps Jaraxxus, Brutallus, Tichondrius etc. One final epic Legion raid.

Sargeras to put in an appearance at the end - kick our asses and we escape back to Azeroth for another day.

Deleted
    I have to disagree OP.

Why else do we need Artifacts and Legendary gear? It's to explain HOW we can take on Sargeras even though he is extremely powerful. Blizzard has already said we'd lose our Artifacts when the next expansion is released so I can't think of any other reason why we'd need them this expansion.

Besides, we're finishing Kil'jaeden and the Avatar of Sargeras in patch 7.2. Who is left to be a big boss in 7.3 then? Nobody except Sargeras himself. Probably he'll be accompanied by lesser demons like Tichondrius. But none make sense to be higher tier than Kil'jaeden or the Avatar of Sargeras if it isn't Sargeras himself.

Besides, with Chronicles we're already getting lore about big baddies after Sargeras so it's the perfect time to truly end the Burning Legion once and for all.
    Also, isn't anyone tired of demons yet? We're getting them every expansion. It's getting boring. Better end things and fight something new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Here's why:

1.Okay, so during the Q&A today when Ion mentioned going to Argus in 7.3, Lore said something along the lines of "now that we've fought the legion for the millionth time, it'd make sense to be a little more successful this time". You can watch the Q&A and see that for yourself.

1A.Why am I saying this? Because killing the leader/creator of the burning legion and the guy who killed all of the Titans isn't "a little more successful" it'd be completely successful. Now obviously he wouldn't want to reveal that we'd be facing Sargeras but there are other things that make me think we won't and it just doesn't seem to match up.

2. We fight the Fallen Avatar of Sargeras in the tomb. This is the Avatar that Aegwynn fought. This Avatar was only a small small margin of Sargeras' true power. Sure, we can beat it. But it wouldn't be a raid boss if it wasn't a powerful creature/being for us to take care of. So if the Avatar is along those lines of power (and it's been imprisoned for a looong time) there's no way we could face off against Sargeras just yet.

3. A lot of people say we will use our artifacts and "absorb" their power. That doesn't make sense especially when leveling through legion when it's over considering you can still obtain the artifacts when the expansion does end. Not only that, but there are some weapons that aren't "all powerful" and are better known for the person who wielded it previously. It just doesn't make sense.

4. We also have no idea if Sarg is even on Argus. We know that KJ made it like his own kingdom, but we have absolutely no idea of Sargeras is even there. He's a gigantic being that slices planets in half, who knows what he's doing?

Thoughts? Opinions? I could be wrong obviously, just curious to see what others think.
    I'm thinking, knowing blizzard we might be killing KJ on Argus, unless of course he pulls an Archimonde and pulls himself and us Into the Twisting Nether, allowing us to kill him permanently.

Other then that, I see no way we could possibly kill or even hurt Sargeras, even someone like Broxigar was lucky enough to scratch him with an axe made by Cenarius.

I think we'll just loose, horribly, our artifacts get taken and we'll scramble to fight back, extending the fight against the Legion for a few more expansions... on purpose. I really wish we could just finish this, and get on with "Next Expansion is coming, since we've defeated the 3rd Invasion" like have some peace, pause, time to recover and then strike again
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

As much as I want to believe that Sargeras is the end boss for the expansion, it's going to have some technical limitations Sargeras is larger than planets themselves and his sword is used to cleave planets in two...how can we even fight that as a boss? That's the best question.

If not Sargeras then who? Archimonde? Dead. KJ? Dying soon. Avatar? Dying soon. Sargeras possesses Illidan? Maybe????
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Quote Originally Posted by Kivross View Post
    If not Sargeras then who? Archimonde? Dead. KJ? Dying soon. Avatar? Dying soon. Sargeras possesses Illidan? Maybe????
    Ion wouldnt say anything about 7.3 because it would spoil what happens in 7.2 so KJ might not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Ion wouldnt say anything about 7.3 because it would spoil what happens in 7.2 so KJ might not die.
    It'd be pretty crap if we fought KJ as the final boss of ToS and didnt kill him, only to kill him on argus. On the flip side, KJ is a master tactician, so this would make sense that he would do a tactful retreat. I think it would just be annoying and poor storytelling.
    "Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent." -"Borrowed" from Krekko

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Why? We already know Sargeras is small fry compared to the void lords now. Sargeras is just a minor stepping stone. Who the fuck cares if he dies except for people that still think ten year old lore is gospel.
    He is too powerful.
    We kill him and we might as well destroy all lore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean apparently not since the void lords made him piss himself like a lil bitch.
    he is not afraid of void lords. he is afraid of them making a Dark(void) titan.

Void lords are weaker than titans.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Reconstituted Varian from Concentrate: There must always be a Dark Titan. Place the sword in my hand, Illidan. Forevermore I will be the jailor of the Legion.

I hope we don't, because I've always envisioned Sargeras being an endlessly sliding goal post. He's always the final boss that never happens. I liked that idea. Killing him would make me sad honestly. We don't even know what he truly looks like, for him to be introduced then killed in a patch is weak.

Maybe we fight him, and manage to hurt him enough to get him scared, or maybe we pop out one of his eyeballs or something so he knows never to fk with Azeroth again.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Even if we kill Sargeras - even if right on Argus - I don't see how that ends the Legion.

Haven't they conquered billions of worlds ? Doesn't that mean they hold more PLANETS than we have people on Azeroth ?

How does blowing up one planet end a force that spans thousands of galaxies ?

I mean - it does seem like they want to move on to different parts of the story - a full half of WoW's xpacs have been Legion-focused - but I don't see how they wrap up what has been for literally decades of real-life time the ultimate antagonist for this franchise in just one raid.
    Argus is the central connection point to all other Legion Worlds in the Twisting Nether, which means they likely have a nexus of portals there connecting Argus to those worlds, allowing for quick movement of Legion forces between various locations without having to bounce around a web of different portals to get to where they need to be.

Why is this important? Because as we learned in the Illidan book, Illidan discovered a way to make portals implode into the worlds they're connected to, which does a wonderful job of making the world on the other side of the portal go away. Now, if Argus truly is a Nexus to all other Legion controlled worlds in the the Twisting Nether, Illidan could find a way to use what he learned on that smaller scale, and expand it to encompass EVERY portal on Argus.

Suddenly, attacking Argus and killing Sargeras becomes a much more key point in the war if we have a way to turn every portal on Argus into a bomb.