Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Who the fuck uses Ursoc mythic as a standard?
    well its a pure dps race so a pretty good idea of single target dps..

- - - Updated - - -

Bring back WoD boomy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markurius View Post
    On the topic of making talents baseline my two candidates would be Starlord and Nature's Balance.

Why?

They are both passive and seemingly boring for being talents but when u take them u have some great QoL improvements that u miss dearly when without them. Starlord because it's awesome with faster casts and it makes empowerments more fun. Nature's Balance because it's a blessing to not have to refresh dots as often. Hence why almost every balance druid I see have taken them.

Making them baseline and coming up with more interesting talents (passive or not) would make me glad.

Other than that I'd like one more cc baseline, Vortex or Cyclone, hell even Hibernate wouldn't be bad.
    I never really missed Starlord when taking FoN for M+. In fact, i barely noticed it not being there.

Now, NB, that's a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if there are classes with Real Options in choosing talents. I mean it in the way that the chosen path synergizes with the Legendary items and/or T19 set bonuses. It's a shame really.
    For example I have the Oneth's intuition bracers. Even without Moon and stars I tested it (no sim, just dummy hitting and EN test in actual fights) and I saw no improvements in DPS, just an added 'complication' as in managing a new DoT that requires 15 resource to cast. During an Heroic EN encounter Oneth proccs just a few times, much too seldom, IMO.
    After picking Moon and stars the Incarnation talent becomes more or less mandatory, because of the clear DPS advantage. The other two talents of that tree become irelevant/forgotten.
    I could write more opinions/thoughts but currently I just feel 'forced' into the only... competitive build (talent choices) and gear search (get haste, get some crit, but most importantly get that magic helm).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post
    well its a pure dps race so a pretty good idea of single target dps..

- - - Updated - - -

Bring back WoD boomy!!!
    are you high ? who wants a moonkin with a self moving bar back ?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I don't know if there are classes with Real Options in choosing talents. I mean it in the way that the chosen path synergizes with the Legendary items and/or T19 set bonuses. It's a shame really.
    For example I have the Oneth's intuition bracers. Even without Moon and stars I tested it (no sim, just dummy hitting and EN test in actual fights) and I saw no improvements in DPS, just an added 'complication' as in managing a new DoT that requires 15 resource to cast. During an Heroic EN encounter Oneth proccs just a few times, much too seldom, IMO.
    After picking Moon and stars the Incarnation talent becomes more or less mandatory, because of the clear DPS advantage. The other two talents of that tree become irelevant/forgotten.
    I could write more opinions/thoughts but currently I just feel 'forced' into the only... competitive build (talent choices) and gear search (get haste, get some crit, but most importantly get that magic helm).
    Moon and stars?

The Trait that gives 3% haste per spell cast in CA and 1% haste per spell cast in Incarnation.

Thinking ahead a bit, what is everybodies opinion on Nighthold trinkets? IMO, most of them appear to be rather underwhelming, with Erratic Metronome maybe being one of the most interesting ones. Might have to do with the damage proc ones all being AoE oriented.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-11-12 at 05:35 PM.

I mean it depends on the proc rate and not so much aoe vs st

AoE-Trinkets have lower base damage than an equivalent proc rate single target trinket. It does make a rather noticeable difference.

No it doesn't. The darkthicket and other assorted spell caster trinkets literally proc 0 times in a fight most of the time whereas something like unstable horrorslime will still proc regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I never really missed Starlord when taking FoN for M+. In fact, i barely noticed it not being there.

Now, NB, that's a different story.
    Do you have ED ? It feels like must have with that retarded legendary...

Just been in a group with a druid that got the head and ring (i got the useless neck and chest). Well that was frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    No it doesn't. The darkthicket and other assorted spell caster trinkets literally proc 0 times in a fight most of the time whereas something like unstable horrorslime will still proc regularly.
    Oakheart's Gnarled Root has the exact same proc rate as Unstable Horrorslime. Please base your complaints on facts.

I just got a pretty nice Stormsinger Fulmination Charge today and I was wondering if the snapshotting with this trinket is still possible

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    I just got a pretty nice Stormsinger Fulmination Charge today and I was wondering if the snapshotting with this trinket is still possible
    No it is not snapshotting was removed last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Just been in a group with a druid that got the head and ring (i got the useless neck and chest). Well that was frustrating.
    I know that feel man. I perform very well as a boomkin most of the time, usually around 300k ST for most boss fights at 862 Ilvl and a little higher on fights like Illy G and Dragons but the few times I've ran with druids that had BiS legendaries just makes me sad. They're such huge boosts to damage, even for players that don't play optimally... The ring alone is a huge boost, coupled with the helm it just makes playing a boomkin very frustrating sometimes. It's annoying how huge of a difference those two legendaries can make while being gated behind blind RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I know that feel man. I perform very well as a boomkin most of the time, usually around 300k ST for most boss fights at 862 Ilvl and a little higher on fights like Illy G and Dragons but the few times I've ran with druids that had BiS legendaries just makes me sad. They're such huge boosts to damage, even for players that don't play optimally... The ring alone is a huge boost, coupled with the helm it just makes playing a boomkin very frustrating sometimes. It's annoying how huge of a difference those two legendaries can make while being gated behind blind RNG.
    yep topping my raids after gettng the ring... i can't imagine how much dps i would do with helmet as well...

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I thought boomkins were in a decent spot, especially since I have helm and ring, Until this week in ToV. So much movement. Gave up trying to AoE on Helya and went single target just so I can be relavant on boss damage and Mariner damage.
    Gave up aoeing on helya? bruh, sunfire the ads, moonfire the 2 big ads and all the tentacles, pop your 2.5k stat potion and cds and make sure your starfall is hiting at least 3 tentalces in the back and the giant ad, lunar strike when they bunch up and time your full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptik93 View Post
    Gave up aoeing on helya? bruh, sunfire the ads, moonfire the 2 big ads and all the tentacles, pop your 2.5k stat potion and cds and make sure your starfall is hiting at least 3 tentalces in the back and the giant ad, lunar strike when they bunch up and time your full moon.
    And by doing that you will still lose to living bomb/barrage. It is a waste of resources just to pad.

It's not padding if you do damage to stuff that has to die.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not padding if you do damage to stuff that has to die.
    You dont need everyone aoeing when there are better targets and better classes that do it better.