Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am 102 is it get better in terms of being able to earthquake so rarely?

Just seems the maelstrom is so hard to come by to have earthquake ready to use very often.

Thanks for answers guys

Chain lightning overload will help you a lot since in double the maelstorm generated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Just seems the maelstrom is so hard to come by to have earthquake ready to use very often.

Thanks for answers guys
    Your artifact ability allows for 3 instant chain lightnings, which, if have enough mobs to need to earthquake, will generate enough to earthquake very quickly.

Even if you want to play as Elemental, level as Enhance. You'll save yourself a lot of grey hair.

Yes, it gets better. Two and Three target fights don't really need EQ, and it's not necessarily worth dropping it against non-elite packs because they don't live all that long. The strength of EQ is that it stacks in an area for additive damage. If you have an AoE fight with enough time for EQ to tick for its full duration and then some, that's where it's really going to shine. Derailing my thought process though.

Back on track:
    Overload (mastery) procs are going to help you get more frequent EQ casts, as will an artifact trait that has a %chance to trigger Overload from all enemies struck by the first cast. In group settings, particularly in raids, EQ will be cast frequently against long-lived targets. I often only get one CL cast between EQs because my maelstrom jumps by about 50 for each CL cast.

Ok thanks its a shame our artifact new ability has a cast time lol!

Deleted
    No trust me - It was stupid before.
    Now it's soooo much better. That short cast-time followed by 3(!) instant cast LB's or CL's is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for answers guys
    In how many cases do you feel the need to EQ while levelling?
    I used it only in dungeon - Not once while doing quests (as I was dying if I pulled more than 2 mobs at a time).

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    No trust me - It was stupid before.
    Now it's soooo much better. That short cast-time followed by 3(!) instant cast LB's or CL's is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

In how many cases do you feel the need to EQ while levelling?
    I used it only in dungeon - Not once while doing quests (as I was dying if I pulled more than 2 mobs at a time).
    I just enjoy using it looks cool i hate seeing it continously greyed out

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Trust me, I thought so too, but it's much better now. Compare one cast time, to three cast times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Even if you want to play as Elemental, level as Enhance. You'll save yourself a lot of grey hair.
    Pish posh, leveling as elemental is perfectly fine. Sure, Enh might be easier, but that doesn't mean that leveling as elemental is hard/difficult/impossible/etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pish posh, leveling as elemental is perfectly fine. Sure, Enh might be easier, but that doesn't mean that leveling as elemental is hard/difficult/impossible/etc.
    How was your gear, when you started levelling? Did you have class trinket from Archimonde?
    If not, it's a complete pain to level as elemental.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    How was your gear, when you started levelling? Did you have class trinket from Archimonde?
    If not, it's a complete pain to level as elemental.
    Hah. My gear was a mix of Tanaan stuff and HFR LFR gear. So no, elemental-leveling isn't a pain, nor is it hard or even impossible. It's easy.

Deleted
    Hah. My gear was a mix of Tanaan stuff and HFR LFR gear. So no, elemental-leveling isn't a pain, nor is it hard or even impossible. It's easy.
    Well, I'm glad you think that. The majority of people who tried to level as Elemental tend to disagree with you (so do I).
    I just couldn't wrap my head around 3 mobs killing me, having to heal from 50% after each mob. Mobs taking 10-15 seconds to die etc.
    I levelled when Legion hit, and Elemental has had some buffs since then, so that might smooth it out a bit.

Going enchancement just boosted my levelling so much! It suddenly took 4 seconds to kill a mob, and you were able to pull more than one at a time.

Of course - Levelling isn't about speed for everyone. For me it is, and that's why I didn't touch Elemental again before I hit 110 and had some decent gear.

I leveled as elemental in Legion and my gear was leveling gear from WoD, nothing better. It's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be "easy" but it's not easier or better than Enhance. Leveling as Enhance is a breeze.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It may be "easy" but it's not easier or better than Enhance. Leveling as Enhance is a breeze.
    Which was a point I made about two weeks ago, when this thread was fresh.

I found leveling as ele to be way faster than my rogue and even boomkin.
    Gather up as many mobs as you possibly can with flameshock. Once they converge on you its Magma totem - Lightning surge - Stormkeeper + CL CL CL - Earthquake.
    By this stage most everything is dead or near dead and just cleanup with a few lava bursts and shocks. Quickly heal up and move to the next pack.
    You should have primal elementalist so If you want to go even bigger, like a massive pack, you can drop those in too.

I think a lot of people trying to level as ele neglect magma totem in favor of single target which is a mistake. Path of flame or totem mastery and Magma totem are obscenely good for leveling. I had another shaman complain about ele leveling who didn't even know magma totem was a talent. You can take on as many mobs as you want this way and lightning surge into EQ ensures you won't take too much damage before everything drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    should one stack 2-3 EQs?
    how does that work?

Deleted
    Its pretty damn easy to generate earthquake, whoever says otherwise is lying or using it on faceroll content (which means normal dungeons or heroic with overgeared people one shotting everything)

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty damn easy to generate earthquake, whoever says otherwise is lying or using it on faceroll content (which means normal dungeons or heroic with overgeared people one shotting everything)

Also aftershock talent is very useful for this

Deleted
    I must agree with other people here , lvling as enhancement is so much easier , i got my shaman on lvl 110 now for 2 weeks so its still pretty fresh in my head.
    Elemental was a pain in the ass , the damage was ok but i saw myself dying way more often then any other class i got to 110 now , then i decided to give enh a try at 106 , and i literally floated to 110 .
    This is just from my experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    I hope that's not true, enhance is brutal. Given my gears not that good but 1, maybe 2 kills and I need to fully heal up or run away. Taking more than 2 things on at once is a death sentence without some luck