Thread: wow token price

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickwalls View Post
    Less to do with that, more to do with total gold inflation.
    Gold have been relatively stable actually when you compare it to mounts, pets, mats etc. Its only the token that is going up like crazy, I believe "casuals" leaving is a much more likely explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You're forgetting the fact they pumped out 3 small professions plots (one generally being a salvage yard). You're leaving out Barns which printed money. You're leaving out the trading post swap of those Barns when you maxed resources. You're forgetting herb gardens that would print the exact herb you require for your professions of choice. You're forgetting the mine that could supply a healthy stack or so of ore per day between the combined ores. You're forgetting treasure hunters that lasted until 7.0. You're forgetting the salvaged followers that gained you 1200 resources, another that was 600, some other mixed values. You're forgetting the shipyard that took a few days to set up that gave you a little extra. Now multiply this by 10 more toons, get yourself some add-ons to manage it all, and auto-pilot through the garrisons every day. You say 500 gold per day from just gold missions. Gold missions were never at any point the most lucrative endeavor as far as the garrisons, never.
    None of those actually increase the gold supply though, you're just exchanging gold between hands

Funny how token prices started to go up everywhere after 7.1 was released. The mythic only Karazhan really put casuals off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Funny how token prices started to go up everywhere after 7.1 was released. The mythic only Karazhan really put casuals off.
    Maybe, but those players usually drop their subs around the first patch. Had plenty of them in our guild as well. Some of them reached 110, but most were still leveling, none of them geared enough to queue into HC dungeons .. logging in for an hour every Sunday - I guess they felt overwhelmed by a new patch OMG ALREADY?!?

But it's not like they were very active to begin with - and this happens every expac

Its been rising steadily since legions launch, started 65 now at 85k.

Was the same in WoD. I have bought these gametime since it came, and in WoD it went from 35k to 95k just before prepatch, then it dropped below 70k. The reason why it goes up and down is because of supply and demand. Most likely there are too many wanting to buy them for "free" gametime. In the same time there are too few buying them to get gold. And the reasons for that couls be one of these:

More people justify playing the game "free " aka more tokens bought.

Less people buy it for dollars cause its easy to get gold ingame

Both.

Dont have to be anything about less people playing(it actually contridict that) or does it have to be about inflation(if it was, it would cost 200k already)

Supply and demand. More people want it to buy free gametimr, but less people buying them for real money to get gold. If it was overflowing with tokens on the AH, it would be cheaper.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It doesn't help that the game's population is in a nosedive despite the horribly misleading statistics from the quarterly report.
    Yeah, gonna need a source for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Then you did someting wrong. They did nerf it at some point, but many missions gave 500g alone and you could do 30-50 missions per day and character.

All you had to do was que missions. If you did all missions it would trigger new ones and they usually gave gold or items to vendor.

Mby 20k was the daily profit not the pure gold one, but atleast I made millions with just garrison in three months of playing.
    Could buy enough garrison tokens to keep me going for years with just garrison gold.
    You clearly have no clue how Garrison gold farming worked, and are exaggerating way too much. NEVER did Garrison give 10-20k each day to each character from mission alone, NEVER.

1-5k is more like it, and early you would get that on every character before they nerfed it.
    This did add up rather quick though, personally I had 6 fully upgraded Garrisons, and the gold just flowed in. Also I had the JC hut for even more gold from the daily quest there.

But gtfo with the claim that you earned anything close to 10k each day on each character, because that is 100% bullshit. Sounds like you are mixing up week and day to be honest. Because 10k/week was about the amount I made, and I sent out followers twice each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    It was replaced with order halls. I get a pretty easy 1500g a day from order halls. Not to mention world quests. 50g additional for every one completed adds up quick.
    The order hall gold is not nearly as quick to gain or easy to get as the garrison was though. Garrisons would net several thousand a day using resources it also provided for you. You get much less from the order hall and you have to do a lot more to get to the point you start getting gold like that, you also have to trade off character progression which the garrisons never made you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Or people watched or read up on Blizzcon and found out they might be letting people use tokens for other things and started stocking up on them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW token is definitely damaging the game and makes the game p2w. Now people have zero reasons to earn gold in game. Finding a job to buy wow token is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    WoW token is definitely damaging the game and makes the game p2w. Now people have zero reasons to earn gold in game. Finding a job to buy wow token is always better.
    And how, exactly, is WoW P2W game? Because you can buy BoEs? lelelel
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Then you did someting wrong. They did nerf it at some point, but many missions gave 500g alone and you could do 30-50 missions per day and character.
    Nope,not at all, about seven per day maximum ,and some of day worth 100 gold only, using three followers with the golden trait

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Gold missions were never at any point the most lucrative endeavor as far as the garrisons, never.
    No they were not, but once the setup of the followers was complete, it took merely seconds per char to be done with the work, that is why people managed to move 40 chars per day (i did)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    good luck paying for gladiator rank1, or a TCG mount, or a mythic end boss mount with a token, which are the definition of "winning"

and blizzard have to understand that inflation is a problem

so let's take a player who put effort into making gold on a given time
    then he has irl problem and comes back 2 years after
    his worth is now worth nothing
    too bad for him ? really ?
    a good and normal design is you managed to get rich = you stay rich until you use your gold, and that's only when you lose wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    It was replaced with order halls. I get a pretty easy 1500g a day from order halls. Not to mention world quests. 50g additional for every one completed adds up quick.
    Agreed. Gold is so pathetically easy to get now, especially if you have alts that paying for a sub exclusively with in game gold isn't hard. Really, what's 50K when a potion sells for 4K gold? 10 potions and a few daily quests and boom, you've got enough for a month's sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The order hall gold is not nearly as quick to gain or easy to get as the garrison was though. Garrisons would net several thousand a day using resources it also provided for you. You get much less from the order hall and you have to do a lot more to get to the point you start getting gold like that, you also have to trade off character progression which the garrisons never made you do.
    No, that is not true, comparing GOLD MISSIONS ONLY, they are far better now, it took me 4-5 months after leveling a char in WOD to finish the correct setup of my followers, now it takes barely 2 months.
    I am tracking this with my main, this week i have already done 8.5k in gold missions, more if another gold mission pops today, that is the double of the income i did per char in WOD, with GOLD MISSIONS ONLY, and no shipyard.
    I do not want to become filthy rich if that means having to do anything more than clicking the order hall table, i do not want to rely on AH or a very unstable market for mats, that is too much work for me.
    This way i did 1.800.000 gold in WOD, but i started the expansion late.
    This time my projections with just 12 chars, will take me to 7 million at the end of Legion, and quite efortless once the initial setup is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. Gold is so pathetically easy to get now, especially if you have alts that paying for a sub exclusively with in game gold isn't hard. Really, what's 50K when a potion sells for 4K gold? 10 potions and a few daily quests and boom, you've got enough for a month's sub.
    There's a reason why potions and flasks are so expensive because they are magnitude harder in legion than any other expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    No, that is not true, comparing GOLD MISSIONS ONLY, they are far better now, it took me 4-5 months after leveling a char in WOD to finish the correct setup of my followers, now it takes barely 2 months.
    I am tracking this with my main, this week i have already done 8.5k in gold missions, more if another gold mission pops today, that is the double of the income i did per char in WOD, with GOLD MISSIONS ONLY, and no shipyard.
    I do not want to become filthy rich if that means having to do anything more than clicking the order hall table, i do not want to rely on AH or a very unstable market for mats, that is too much work for me.
    This way i did 1.800.000 gold in WOD, but i started the expansion late.
    This time my projections with just 12 chars, will take me to 7 million at the end of Legion, and quite efortless once the initial setup is complete.
    You could start pumping out gold before the level cap in WoD. Now order hall resources blocks you from doing that. It might have taken you 2.5 months in WoD to get it sorted out, but it didn't take that long you were just slow to figuring it out. You could easily pull in what you say you are making a week in a day or 2 in WoD, even more so in the beginning before they lowered the gold from garrisons. Again any gold made now comes at the trade off of character gain, which was never the case in WoD. All this gold you are making requires you being at max level, which WoD did not. Doing enough quests and initial missions to unlock the followers required, something WoD didn't require. With an inn you could grab a new gold maker weekly and if you had Harrison Jones in 3 missions they were at max level. Far more leg work goes into the set up now. Garrisons just pumped out passive gold even at the lowest levels. The one big advantage Legion has for gold making is the fact you can do some of this on your phone now. If wod had that feature people would have gold capped every toon.

Deleted
    With an inn you could grab a new gold maker weekly and if you had Harrison Jones in 3 missions they were at max level.
    So 25 weeks minimum then for a full setup of the right followers? (sometimes the one with golden trait and the ability you were lacking simply did not pop up for a long time)
    Yeah leveling followers to maximum was not a problem with or without harrison jones, making them reach level 875, that was a very different thing.
    All i know is that now in two months time i am doing 1k per day per char, while before after 4-5 months i was doing 500g per day per char.
    Oh and that with just 2 missions per day maximum, not a dozen or more, and when you do that with enough chars, i can tell you it is far better.
    I am not denying the fact that in WOD besides passive gold missions, there were other possibilities for doing a lot of gold, but as i said i am only talking about gold missions.

So 25 weeks minimum then for a full setup of the right followers? (sometimes the one with golden trait and the ability you were lacking simply did not pop up for a long time)
    Yeah leveling followers to maximum was not a problem with or without harrison jones, making them reach level 875, that was a very different thing.
    All i know is that now in two months time i am doing 1k per day per char, while before after 4-5 months i was doing 500g per day per char.
    Oh and that with just 2 missions per day maximum, not a dozen or more, and when you do that with enough chars, i can tell you it is far better.
    I am not denying the fact that in WOD besides passive gold missions, there were other possibilities for doing a lot of gold, but as i said i am only talking about gold missions.
    Getting them to max item level was insanely easy you had 2 buildings in your garrison that took care of that for you. After a patch you could buy an item that boosted them to 750. Not to knock you, but it sounds like you were late to the dance on gold making in WoD and never fully figured it out. So yes what you can get now seems equal, but it isn't. Now you have to go all in on gold and forsake the other benefits of the order hall and it still falls short. Just the fact that you have to make a choice will keep plenty from every trying or figuring out there is gold to be made in the order hall. Hell some don't realize how valuable the bonus loot from missions are still. It also wasnt anywhere close to 25 weeks for a full set up of followers. One you could only get so many gold missions to having all your followers gold followers was a huge waste, you could also use 3 different items to reroll traits and abilites on your followers so you could tinker with the followers you could get all over the game and do things like making blook, garona or any of the really good followers extra gold followers.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-11-14 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    you could also use 3 different items to reroll traits and abilites on your followers so you could tinker with the followers
    I did, a zillion times, at it ended up with the followers still not having the abilities i was looking for, it was not easy to have an adequate setup to cover all the gold missions combinations.
    Yep i was late i started August 2015, still profitable, but not as much as it was in the beggining.
    Anyway, even though i see you have a different opinion of which exp was better for gold making (with gold missions), i do think you would agree with me that legion allows us to make a ton of passive gold, even if not on par with WOD.

I did, a zillion times, at it ended up with the followers still not having the abilities i was looking for, it was not easy to have an adequate setup to cover all the gold missions combinations.
    Yep i was late i started August 2015, still profitable, but not as much as it was in the beggining.
    Anyway, even though i see you have a different opinion of which exp was better for gold making (with gold missions), i do think you would agree with me that legion allows us to make a ton of passive gold, even if not on par with WOD.
    Nope Legion is not anywhere even close to the income potential of Garrisons I mean it's not even on the same continent let alone the same ballpark, fully upgraded and functional halls will not allow me to run 14 characters with a less than half hour time commitment to make over 100k a week that is completely self-sustaining in perpetuity, as in log in spend 2 minutes clicking buttons per character then log out. Hall resources are much harder to come by than garrison resources and the missions themselves are considerably more expensive so it will never even get close without changes in the ability to acquire hall resources.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Hall resources are much harder to come by than garrison resources
    No. i also thought it was gonna be like this, but luckily it is not.
    You get 200 order hall resources per blood of sargeras, and they are account bound, i also thought i was gonna need to do a throng of WQ for resources, but happily i was wrong.