Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He is right you know, average of a tier should be ~6 months max.

BRF came too soon, and HFC came too soon after that, BRF should have come at least a month or two after, with that logic, along with HFC, 6 months after that.

Problem is not what the top guilds do, but generally the general "Acceptance" of tiers seems to be somewhere between 5-6 months from all the thousand of posts about it the last few years.

If they released content with how the top 10 guilds do it, (Ignoring Emerald Nightmare, things are different) they should release a raid every 2 months, which is not possible unless you want rehashed models with 2 abilities.

I think even the worst raider can clear normal in a span of 6 months T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Lamora View Post
    There's constantly people making progress on all bosses as long as it's current content. The idea that people are either a heroic raider or a full clear mythic raider doesn't have much to do with reality.
    What is it you are trying to say exactly with this?

It is pretty clear who full clears and who doesnt isnt it? The armory tracks it.

Hellfire did come out too soon but Tanaan did not. That is something that is left out of the Q&A summary. Ion did say Tanaan came out when it needed to and players were thirsty for content but the raid could have waited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Mythic raiders didn't get to finish it.
    The majority wanted content, Mythic raiders shouldn't expect design worked around them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No Ion, BRF was released too late and you missed a fucking tier by cheaping out your customers
    If BRF was too late, then what is Nighthold?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Isn't Kara less than a month in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't Kara less than a month in
    Kara isn't a raid, it's a dungeon. What Blackrock Foundry and Nighthold have in common is that both are part of their respective first of the expansion tiers, and both were time gated to spread out the content over a longer period of time so that we don't clear it too quickly. The person I quoted thought Blizzard waited too long to unlock BRF, yet Nighthold will have been gated for an even longer period of time.

HFC was too soon, there was still plenty of time for BRF. I don't know why Blizzard rushed HFC out the door when they knew they had nothing afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    If it takes you 5 months and you only clear half of a mythic raid, are you really a mythic raider? Because I really don't think so.
    if they clear half a mythic raid they are mythic raiders, not hard of a concept to understand
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Next expansion interview:
    Watcher: "[Legion's Last raid] was released too soon. We learned the lesson and next time it'll be better. We understand that these content droughts are a detriment to our game and our playerbase but we are confident that with a 50% increased team we will be able to avoid these issues in the nearby future."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    898 guilds finished Blackrock Foundry before Hellfire released.

That's 1.3%.

I know I was working on mythic Blast Furnace when it dropped and would've liked more time.
    This exactly, we were at exactly the same point. Maidens and Choo Choo man were down. But we had much left to do, plus no gear farm time on those modes either, it was rushed out because they were dealing with unsatisfied customers that they had tried to court in the first place with the shallow garrison system (y'know the, nownownow-gang, who get bored after like a week of doing a thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if they clear half a mythic raid they are mythic raiders, not hard of a concept to understand
    I never got this mind set either, suddenly if you're not in the top 500 everything you do is invalidated. I'm so sorry that it takes us 1.5 hours to clear heroic but get stuck on the mythic difficulty, it's almost like that content is intended for us to attempt, weird. Next time we'll stay in our lanes and complete our 1.5 hours of raiding weekly and then do nothing else.
    Last edited by mmoc0abc27f8eb; 2016-11-12 at 05:24 PM.

it was within an acceptable enough time frame.

If any raid was released too early it was the ARgent Tournament back in wotlk, which cut Ulduar brutally short and only served to eventually make the content gap after icc that much longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    HFC was too soon, there was still plenty of time for BRF. I don't know why Blizzard rushed HFC out the door when they knew they had nothing afterwards.
    People was screaming for content and yearly expansions. Yeah raids are content, but not what people asked for.
    However it seems to me that we finally get content in Legion. Cool story lines and story progression. World quests with rewards, mythic and M+ so people can engage in a difficulty suited their skill level. Something to progress on in the open world, but also in instances.
    The open world is alive again- world bosses and everything.

Deleted
    Read between the lines, people. Ion said it has raid tier, not as a content. He is right, there should be way more content (dungeons and mini raids) before HFC. The problem of WoD was the lack of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    People was screaming for content and yearly expansions. Yeah raids are content, but not what people asked for.
    However it seems to me that we finally get content in Legion. Cool story lines and story progression. World quests with rewards, mythic and M+ so people can engage in a difficulty suited their skill level. Something to progress on in the open world, but also in instances.
    The open world is alive again- world bosses and everything.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Way to fucking late

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    WoD was bleeding subscriptions left, right and centre. Path 6.2 and Hellfire Citadel helped in stabilising subscriptions. So given this context, I find it extremely bizarre that Watcher would come out and say that Hellfire Citadel was released too soon. If it was released any later, subscriptions would have dropped even lower, possibly as low as 4 million.
    Yes, but they could have release the zone and build up a story leading up to the raid. Maybe tie it to the Tanaan garrison campaign or something in that tune.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

As people have said, the important part was more about them now releasing dungeon content, when people need new dungeons, outdoor content, when people are done with the current outdoor stuff and so on instead of having big "everything at once" patches.

WoDs content could have spaced out a little better to make the end bit less dreadful, but in the end nothing would have fixed WoDs content drought except for more content.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    WoD was an expansion, which had next to none no-instanced content. This is what created the sub bleeding and hopefully with Legions mass of WQs, that problem is solved.
    I can't imagine someone whose endgame is WQs is likely to stay subbed all that long. They get tiresome and pointless very quickly.

"NUTS, GET IT?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    it was within an acceptable enough time frame.

If any raid was released too early it was the ARgent Tournament back in wotlk, which cut Ulduar brutally short and only served to eventually make the content gap after icc that much longer.
    They released ToC early because raid participation in Ulduar was way down. GC has commented it was the least engaging raid tier in Wrath. This belies the usual forum statements about how it was the best raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Mythic raiders didn't get to finish it.
    True Scotsmen detected.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is that HFC lasted 14 months. BRF might have been around a good length, but it would have been better for it to last a little longer so HFC wouldn't have to last 14 months. Of course, if things keep going how they are currently with Legion, then raids will be produced quick enough that we don't have to worry about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    He said HFC came out too soon, but that 6.2 NEEDED to come out.

Raiders weren't done with BRF, but everyone else was done with the garrisons and the shit 6.1 had to offer.

What he said made sense to me.
    Someone that has reading abilities higher than a turnip.

Thank God.