Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why Light Champions(Good Guys) are not as badass as baddies?

except for Illidan, but he is a demon, so I will count him off

Light Champions usually are holier than thought and not xactly pro active. Why is there not a guy on our side who is more like scarlet crusade, total badass who will put a torch to everything evil, someone who would send shivers down the spine of the bad guys? Guy who would cause 'oh snappp' reaction.

Deleted
    Because "Proactive heroes" is hard to pull off. See DC's infamous "Gay for justice" and how badly that went for an example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post

Light Champions usually are holier than thought and not xactly pro active. Why is there not a guy on our side who is more like scarlet crusade, total badass who will put a torch to everything evil, someone who would send shivers down the spine of the bad guys? Guy who would cause 'oh snappp' reaction.
    This will be Illidan's job when he becomes light user hehehe

Deleted

Because most of the Paladin-Fans are pussies. That's the reason why Tirion is so popular outside of Germany. If an american plays a Paladin, he is all like "I want to play the pink Power Ranger". If a german plays a Paladin, he#s more like "I want to play a Teutonic Knight".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Because most of the Paladin-Fans are pussies. That's the reason why Tirion is so popular outside of Germany. If an american plays a Paladin, he is all like "I want to play the pink Power Ranger". If a german plays a Paladin, he#s more like "I want to play a Teutonic Knight".
    I am from europe and I play monk, what do I want to play?

Deleted
    there might be a little bit a truth to it. but by Light I mean in general all the heroes of good, they appear not exactly strong or menacing.
    They could do something good with a character of Ashbringer, turn him into Lich King of the Good side, some uber devastator that strikes fear both to his allies and enemies.

I just miss strong characters on our side who are not afraid to act. Maybe we should get Arthas the King of Lordaeron from some alternative universe or a Mograine.

Deleted
    Because they are goodass?

Deleted
    there might be a little bit a truth to it. but by Light I mean in general all the heroes of good, they appear not exactly strong or menacing.
    They could do something good with a character of Ashbringer, turn him into Lich King of the Good side, some uber devastator that strikes fear both to his allies and enemies.
    Fear, which can come from appearing "strong or menacing", is usually a trait of the evil side. Good guys do not need, or want, to make people afraid of them, quite the opposite. Being Good usually means your allies like you. Unless your allies are evil, of course. There's no reason you can't have a Good, Strong, Kind hero which also happens to be absolutely badass on the battlefield. We just don't see them at the moment, with all the focus on the old wolf and the previous king being considered dead.

Deleted

I just miss strong characters on our side who are not afraid to act. Maybe we should get Arthas the King of Lordaeron from some alternative universe or a Mograine.
    Will never happen. The Paladin Fanboys are a bunch of Hipsters who can't even handle the Scarlet Crusade, that used tactics that would be fairly reasonable and rather moderate in every other medieval-like Fantasy Setting during a Zombie-Apocalypse. Because WoW-Fans just can't handle religious warriors who don't are shiny and nice.

Hell, I would call writing a Crusade who are totally the nice and shiny even offensive, considering what a mess the real crusades were.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-11-12 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Because they are goodass?
    You convinced me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Fear, which can come from appearing "strong or menacing", is usually a trait of the evil side. Good guys do not need, or want, to make people afraid of them, quite the opposite. Being Good usually means your allies like you. Unless your allies are evil, of course. There's no reason you can't have a Good, Strong, Kind hero which also happens to be absolutely badass on the battlefield. We just don't see them at the moment, with all the focus on the old wolf and the previous king being considered dead.
    I meant it more like: so powerful and determined against the evil that even allies fear him. like from the short story of monk from diablo 3. I guess people instinctively fear strong individuals 'he is so badass, he will punch me! or smite me!'. You know type of zealot who helpes those in need but have completely no mercy for the wicked. super strong, determined and more of force of nature than human being
    Will never happen. The Paladin Fanboys are a bunch of Hipsters who can't even handle the Scarlet Crusade, that used tactics that would be fairly reasonable and rather moderate in every other medieval-like Fantasy Setting during a Zombie-Apocalypse. Because WoW-Fans just can't handle religious warriors who don't are shiny and nice.

Hell, I would call writing a Crusade who are totally the nice and shiny even offensive, considering what a mess the real crusades were.
    yeah, after all fighting for good also requires blood and shattered bones. it not a skippable thing.maybe one day Blizzard will create a guy that people can identify with. I don't want to believe that people around the world want ower rangers paladins and such, although I'm willing to beilieve that americans might, it is sort of part of culture I think with non killing superheroes, they are cheered even after their actions cause tons of victims. I guess batman is the best example, he allowed so many totally wicked people to live and by extension caused so many innocent deaths that it should be considered a war crime.

but yes, in every other fantasy setting SC would be moderates for sure, it is not as if they have ever went overboard, there are plenty of far more brutal guys.

it becomes a little bit boring to cheer only for the bad guys in W universe.

so this took an early and ugly turn. Appearently everyone that plays paladins or like them are pussies and terrible people.

Did it ever occur to you people that PLAYERS DONT CONTROL THE GAME. Blizzard does that, blame blizzard for the good guys not being badass enough.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    I meant it more like: so powerful and determined against the evil that even allies fear him. like from the short story of monk from diablo 3. I guess people instinctively fear strong individuals 'he is so badass, he will punch me! or smite me!'.
    That's still fear in the negative way.

Deleted
    That's still fear in the negative way.
    well, thats how people react. and fear is a good thing sometimes, it makes you straight and keep from petty crimes and in general might be a motivation to aim higher

Deleted
    and fear is a good thing sometimes, it makes you straight and keep from petty crimes and in general might be a motivation to aim higher
    Fear is a good reaction in some cases, yes. Fear of fire is what makes you run away from it. Fear of drowning is what makes you swim, even if you can't normally. Fear of getting caught is what keeps you from doing naughty stuff. Fear of not being able to pay rent is what makes you work to earn the money needed.

Fear of others is always a bad thing. The word you're looking for is respect. For who they are, for what they can do. Respect your allies, but never fear them. Once you do, they are no longer your allies.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds more like an edgelord.

Deleted
    Fear is a good reaction in some cases, yes. Fear of fire is what makes you run away from it. Fear of drowning is what makes you swim, even if you can't normally. Fear of getting caught is what keeps you from doing naughty stuff. Fear of not being able to pay rent is what makes you work to earn the money needed.

Fear of others is always a bad thing. The word you're looking for is respect. For who they are, for what they can do. Respect your allies, but never fear them. Once you do, they are no longer your allies.
    aren''t fear and respect mutual? I have always feared my father ot my sensei, but I never thought of them as non allies, in fact I thought that their very strict ruling was there to help me, wven tho I disagreed a lot, in the end I can't say it cause a loss of trust, quite the opposite.

Deleted
    aren''t fear and respect mutual?
    Respect is something you have to earn, you cannot force it on others to respect you through fear. There is a thin line between Fear and Respect, but it is there.
    Fear is momentary. It is measured in brute strength, but it doesn’t generate anything but resentment in the long run.
    Respect is built on mutual respect and fair treatment. It lasts forever, if you don’t do anything that could ruin it.

Because good guys are bound by laws, therefore they cant act reckless. The bad guys kinda have to make a move first before the good guys even can consider to retaliate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Because good guys are bound by laws, therefore they cant act reckless. The bad guys kinda have to make a move first before the good guys even can consider to retaliate.
    Acting on the basis of Law and Honor against forces that want to destroy everything without any reason sounds pretty selfish.